mtbr member
    May 2013

New question here. G2 frame, non g2 fork?

Ok, so the wife's bike has leaky forks. She's a pretty aggressive rider and she's never been completely satisfied with her RSxc32's. I've been burnin up eBay and the interweb, but having difficulty finding the right deal on replacement forks with the g2 offset.

Ive also been having a hard time getting a straight answer on what the effect it would have if I just put a fork with a standard offset on her 2012 Trek WSD Mamba 29er.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks all

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Seems some people notice the difference, lots don't and most seem to think you'll get used to it in a few minutes.
    Google this "g2 fork site:http://forums.mtbr.com"

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    The "Trail" would be affected with a standard fork. The difference in offset between a standard fork and a G2 is 5mm or so? I think it would have the same effect as if you were to steepen the headangle slightly. The steering will be a little bit more reactive and the tire would move a bit back towards the bottom bracket.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    A Manitou Tower Pro has 48mm offset, close to 51. The lighter fork is a major upgrade which she will feel way before noticing an offset difference.
    A 2012 dual air Reba would also be a major upgrade. Both are 2lbs. lighter.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by eb1888 View Post
    A Manitou Tower Pro has 48mm offset, close to 51. The lighter fork is a major upgrade which she will feel way before noticing an offset difference.
    A 2012 dual air Reba would also be a major upgrade. Both are 2lbs. lighter.
    Thanks, this was my thought too. I've been eyeballing a set of manitou forks on eBay! Thanks for the input all, lets hope I win the auction