Naturally Organic

Cool-blue Rhythm Full Suspension Carbon Niner...

Any rumors or reports?

IMO, this would be an awesome addition to the Niner fleet!

Space Ghost
    If they can't get the factory where the A9C is produced to give them a full production run, what are the chances of getting a FS Carbon bike produced at this point. When the Wal-Marts of the bike world want you to take a back seat, you take a back seat. I have been loving my RIP9 for about a year and a half and would love a carbon version that's about two pounds lighter. I just couldn't afford it any time soon. Maybe by the time Niner gets to the front of the line at the current factory, I will have the $$$.
    "No good deed goes unpunished"

Compelling, and rich.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach417
    When the Wal-Marts of the bike world want you to take a back seat, you take a back seat.
    I have news for you, Wal-Mart is the Wal-Mart of the bike world. And they don't have any carbon fiber models.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    A slightly slacker carbon Jet would be great and would probably sell incredibly well, but a 2 lb lighter RIP9 would not be a bad deal either.

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce9er
    Any rumors or reports?
    Debut will be in the 2012 model year for the Niner carbon FS bike.

Carbon frame will feature a full build kit that includes a custom Fox fork with carbon steerer tube, carbon lowers, FSA carbon stem, bars, seatpost, custom WTB carbon saddle with carbon rails, carbon seatpost clamp from Miche, SRAM carbon crankset in 2 x 10 configuration, carbon brake levers, Enve carbon rims, and more.

Projected final build weight for a size M will be 17 pounds and it should retail in the $11K - $13K price range.

Hey - you wanted a rumor......

BB

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    i heard $9999.

now i gotta re-nogatiate with my big boss i guess. good that i have some time to do so ...

mtbr member

Interbike

Quote Originally Posted by BruceBrown

Carbon frame will feature a full build kit that includes a custom Fox fork with carbon steerer tube, carbon lowers, FSA carbon stem, bars, seatpost, custom WTB carbon saddle with carbon rails, carbon seatpost clamp from Miche, SRAM carbon crankset in 2 x 10 configuration, carbon brake levers, Enve carbon rims, and more.

Projected final build weight for a size M will be 17 pounds and it should retail in the $11K - $13K price range.

BB
    I was at Interbike and heard the same rumor. Except that the pricing I heard was $999 frameset and $1,999 complete bike. Plus the complete bike comes with gold rear view mirrors (useful for slow racers on singletrack).
    Marc82Much
    Kenosha, WI

Always Learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    Plus the complete bike comes with gold rear view mirrors (useful for slow racers on singletrack).
    That's the model I will be taking stock of when it comes out. Glad the WORS races pin the age of the rider on the jersey so those coming up behind me from younger classes can bellow out in full resonant tone for a pass as if all 49 year olds are deaf at that age. Maybe the gold rear view mirrors will keep me from getting startled as I progress to the 50+ category....

BB

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

... and if we just ...

BB
    Did you forget that Enve offers carbon seatposts, stems, and handlebars too?? What's the FSA stuff??

Naturally Organic

Cool-blue Rhythm Gonna Party Like It's...

BB
    You had me at 2012...

Flaccid Member
    I heard it was gonna take after Intense, and be ending in $818, so probably $2818, just for the frame and shock, a Carbon/Ceramic Fox RP Niner Nine. There's something special about a bike from Hollywood.

mtbr member
    ..which won't be available to buy until mid 2013...

Carbon & Ti rule

BB
    I heard that they are having problems with the carbon tyres, But the carbon brake calipers & brake rotors are all sorted.