Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Full suspension

959 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  rickcin 
#1 ·
Does anyone make a full suspension 29 where the rear shock could be locked out?

#5 ·
Okay, that helps but if I bought a Rumblefish for about $2400 I would then have to invest in a how expensive new part and have it installed ?

I guess the best bet is to just buy another bike, have two as opposed to having one type of bike to serve two different purposes ?

#6 ·
Just curious, why do you need full lockout? I find that propedal on my Rumblefish makes it feel basically locked out until you hit something that you would want it to absorb, like landing from a jump/drop. If you have the chance rent/demo the Rumblefish, or what ever other bike you are looking at, and see how the "lockout" works on that particular bike. You might find you don't really need a true lockout.

#8 ·
Erik

Just curious, why do you need full lockout? I find that propedal on my Rumblefish makes it feel basically locked out until you hit something that you would want it to absorb, like landing from a jump/drop.
First of all, I noticed that you live in Asheville, that is going to be our next trip in the spring to check out for pa possibe place to retire!! We currently live in NY about 30 miles north of the City and need to find a less expensive place to live. We love Boulder CO however it is very expensive, at least for a house and the nights drop way down in temperature.
Any info you have regarding Asheville would be greatly appreciated!!!

About the bike, good question! I have a GF Cobia and do love it and 80% of my biking is on unpaved Rail Trails but occasionally on single track so I would like a FS for the single track but do not want to be bogged down on the Rail Trails.I know, a little crazy and the general advice would be to have 2 bikes ???, I'm thinking ?

Thanks for the response and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.