mtbr member

Full Suspension 29er frame for <$1k?

Searched but I couldn't find much about this. Looking for a frame only and wondering if there's anything out there for around $1k? I had ordered a $900 Tallboy on the closeout deal but they ran out of inventory and my order was cancelled. Then I ordered an Intense Spider 29 aluminum frame on a Labor day sale for $1100 but my order was cancelled because they realized they don't make the frame in XL. Anything else out there? I'm assuming there should be some good deals coming up after Labor day with the season coming to a close.

DFMBA.org
    Was looking at this last night but I need to do some research before I would buy one.

FLYXI

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rossluzz View Post
    Searched but I couldn't find much about this. Looking for a frame only and wondering if there's anything out there for around $1k? I had ordered a $900 Tallboy on the closeout deal but they ran out of inventory and my order was cancelled. Then I ordered an Intense Spider 29 aluminum frame on a Labor day sale for $1100 but my order was cancelled because they realized they don't make the frame in XL. Anything else out there? I'm assuming there should be some good deals coming up after Labor day with the season coming to a close.

because you doesn't have a good luck

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ams.jelapang View Post
    because you doesn't have a good luck
    I'm hoping the third time's a charm.

Was looking at this last night but I need to do some research before I would buy one.
    That is interesting, I haven't really considered the Chinese carbon frames, I'll have to take a look but I tend to lean towards name brand frames.

mtbr member
    I found a closeout '11 Rocky Mountain 29SE at a local shop for $999.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    You can get a new '12 Giant anthem x on ebay for $1,000 +/-.
    Tallboy for $999? Where was that?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
    Tallboy for $999? Where was that?
    It was the Santa Cruz virtual parking lot sale, only a few Tallboy frames and they sold out quick. If I could find one again at that price I'd snatch it up fast.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Still looking?

If you are still looking, Big Kahuna CyCles in CO was selling some Salsa Horsethief frames for around $1000. Nice geometry, Fox shock

Will not let me post a link, just google Big Kahuna Bikes.

mtbr member
    Universal Cycles has some good deals on the 2012 Salsa. $880 for a Horsethief or $809 for Spearfish.

Many places will also match that price if you have a preferred online shop.

Happy Trails
    I have a used but excellent condition Titus Racer X 29r frame with less than 1000 miles and a recentFox RP shock overhaul that I would sell for less than a grand if you are interested in a used frame. I am getting a new full-sus this fall and want to transfer my current full-sus parts over to a hardtail.

You don't have a carbon hardtail to trade, do you?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Full Suspension 29er frame for &lt;alt=k?-gambril-park-blue-trail.jpg  

mtbr member
    No carbon HT to trade. And I actually did end up just buying a complete bike. But thanks everyone for the info, hopefully this thread can help others who are looking for something similar.