Thread: Frame size??

mtbr member
    Feb 2015

Frame size??

So i recently bent my 29er 2014 GT zaskar Comp Frame , it is non-repair. so iv decided to replace with a diffrent co. seing GT will not cover under the warrentty(fyi is total BS). i will never buy anything GT again. the Size they has is a small does any one know what size this would be compaired to? I have been told That this frame is a 15 and another told me it was a 17 ...

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    think i finally got it. A small is 420 mm = 16.5 inch. can anyone confirm? i have short legs and a long torso so finding a frame that really works it hard. And this GT sat nice as it is .5 smaller then your normal 17 ince frame.

Hi There!
    Sorry I can't help you with sizing, but please do tell us more about the warranty issue with GT.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Post your height and actual inseam for some recommendations.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I'm 5.8 and a 1/2 and inseam is 30.5

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    So They consider it a collision, even thought I never fell. I came down this hill hit a jump, about 30mph fast. .. hit a jump and my back tire came off but stuck in derailer. When I hit ground it Slammed back. And bent my rim. But I was still pedaling so it threw me forward I rode about 10 to 12 yard on front tire, endow. Then slammed back down again. Bent both swing arm part of frame 1.5 ince to the right. I clip in. So no scratch except on the side were the tire took off paint.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    GT will only give me 30% off a brand new bike... it was a 2014 Zaskar comp.. I'm disappointed in GT... my rode bike is also GT Attack.

Crash Dummy In Training
    A 2014 GT zaskar Comp wasn't made to do jumps at 30 mph and the wheel fell off (not their fault) which most likely lead to the damage.
    Oh and how did you not fall I can't see anyone riding this one out ?
    If your going to do jumps I would look into a full suspension bike.
    Oh and check that your wheels are tight before riding.

Quote Originally Posted by boogersbob View Post
    So They consider it a collision, even thought I never fell. I came down this hill hit a jump, about 30mph fast. .. hit a jump and my back tire came off but stuck in derailer. When I hit ground it Slammed back. And bent my rim. But I was still pedaling so it threw me forward I rode about 10 to 12 yard on front tire, endow. Then slammed back down again. Bent both swing arm part of frame 1.5 ince to the right. I clip in. So no scratch except on the side were the tire took off paint.
    ​​
    2012 Stump Jumper Comp 29'er H.T.
    1997 Rock Hopper / Manitou TI Bulge Fork / Shimano STX-3 x 7 P.O.S.​

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by boogersbob View Post
    I'm 5.8 and a 1/2 and inseam is 30.5
    I'd look at a 17 unless you are mostly going to be jumping.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    See what's funny about that is I rode the whole day before about 40 miles single track, with no prob, and did check tires. along with checking my air pressure,the guy at the shop said it can be possible if QR is not locked down right for that to happen .
    Haha may not fallen this time , but I fell once on a kids pump track, sometimes ya just really get lucky.. hence the lost frame

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    In heard trek and fugi offer a 50% discount on frame replacement, even when it's your fault[collision].