mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Fox float vs. Revelation on Tallboy ltc

In the process of looking for a used tallboy ltc. I really was hoping to find ond with a front fox float shock but most of the ones I've been seeing have the Revelation shock. Is there a big difference between the two. Should I hold out for a ltc with a float shock or if I find a good deal one one with a Revalation should I go that route. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by peter19ue; 11-29-2012 at 02:46 PM.

the air is thin up here..
    I love my revelation over a Fox 32. Much more plush, uses all of its travel.

But apparently the Fox 34 is stiffer and better than the 32 for using its travel.

I would say it depends on how much you care about stiffness. And weight, the Revelation will be lighter.
    2012 Honzo SS
    2011 Trek Rig - SOLD
    2008 Fisher HiFi Deluxe - SOLD
    www.mngnt.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    The Revelation is lighter by 48 grams (Fox is 4.49 lbs, RS Rev. is 4.01 lbs), its not that much.

From what everyone has said about the Fox float in the 34 is that this thing is so outstanding and so buttery smooth with the Kashima coating, eats everything up. I spend time on the LTc with the Fox and it was very smooth. I have owned both RS and Fox and I still think Fox is a step above Rockshox in front forks. Rear shock may be a whole other thing. That is just my opinion. Check Ebay, I have seen some with the Fox shock.
    Last edited by Rev. 14; 11-29-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Dropshot Champ!
    The revelation is a really good fork. The new floats are supposedly better than the older ones (not getting full travel, divey, oil migration), so again...either is probably pretty good.

You see alot of people enjoying both, but damn the revelation is good!

banned
    [QUOTE=Rev. 14;9918678]The Revelation is lighter by 48 ounces (Fox is 4.49 lbs, RS Rev. is 4.01 lbs), its not that much.

16 oz = a pound. More like an 8 oz savings according to those numbers.

the air is thin up here..
    I haven't felt a kashima fork after it's broken in, but new, the revelation was much smoother (less stiction) than the Fox.
    2012 Honzo SS
    2011 Trek Rig - SOLD
    2008 Fisher HiFi Deluxe - SOLD
    www.mngnt.com

mtbr member
    I spent a month on a Revelation before my Fox 34 arrived. I have spent 3 mos. on the Fox now. Both are nice. I did not notice a huge difference and if I had not already bought and paid for the Fox, I would have kept the RockShox. The bike itself is a dream, don't wait.

Paste eater
    I'd prefer the rev. REcent fox shocks, especially FIT cartridge models have given me nothing but problems.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    The 2013 Revelation is a very nice adjustable fork. I didn't feel like spending the extra cash on the 34 when I put together my LTa. No need to hesitate.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    [QUOTE=Mojo Troll;9919215]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev. 14 View Post
    The Revelation is lighter by 48 ounces (Fox is 4.49 lbs, RS Rev. is 4.01 lbs), its not that much.

16 oz = a pound. More like an 8 oz savings according to those numbers.
    I edited my post, I don't know why I said ounces, I meant grams. Lighter by 48 grams, thanks for catching that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    LOL Dude you better get some rest. 28 grams/ounce