mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Floor Pump With Screw-On Schrader Fitting?

I've got a set of Stan's 29er ZTR FR rims that use Schrader valves with the tubeless conversion. Is there a floor pump on the market that uses a screw on Schrader head? The two pumps I own use the typical lever to clamp the head to the valve. This has caused me to actually pull the valve through the rim when trying to remove the tight fitting head from the valve (yes, I did release the lever)

Anyhow, Stan told me that this can happen with some pumps with this set-up because of how tight the pump head fits to the Schrader valve. I have had no luck finding a floor pump with a screw on head. Is there such an animal?
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

NoTubes.com
    Feb 2004
    You could get one of these:

http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30...ils&sku=PU5680 and a hose clamp and just cut the existing head off your pump. Or pick up a new Silca pump, last pump you'll ever since they're rebuildable.
    Please do not use the forum PM or e-mail function for business related questions. I can be contacted through our website. Thanks!

NoTubes.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thanks Mike. I'll contact AEB
    There are three kinds of people: those of us that are good at math and those that are not.

NoTubes.com
    Feb 2004
    No problem, any shop with a QBP account can get the part for you, just give them the part # PU5680
    Please do not use the forum PM or e-mail function for business related questions. I can be contacted through our website. Thanks!

NoTubes.com