mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Fezzari Solitude?

Anyone out there on a Solitude 29er? Just looking for some feedback/real world experience. Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Real World Experience

I have been riding mine for just over a year now and love it. I owned a Giant XTC composite 29 and a Niner Air Nine carbon and the Fezzari Solitude rides way better that them both. The carbon layup on the Solitude smooths out the trail but still gives the feedback from the trail that you are looking for. I have put a ton of miles on the bike from endurance racing to short track XC type races and it has handled everything really well. i usually ride between 8-12 hours a week on the bike(not as much as some but more than others) and am riding everything from buffed out trails to super rocky stuff.
    I love the swooping lines of the bike and the internal cable routing keeps everything neat and clean. I initially purchased it with a full XO build with a fox fork and Reynolds carbon wheels but have converted to a 1X11.
    The guys at Fezzari are really great as well. Tyler helped me with my build and was super knowledgeable and and helpful on keeping with my budget and getting good quality parts. If you are on the fence or questioning the purchase of a Solitude, I would say do it! You won't regret the decision!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I have purchased the frame, I already have a full XTR build on a different frame LBS is building it. It will be done tomorrow, as luck has it... same day as a forecast of 4-6 inches of rainfall. I'm hoping it will be dry enough to ride by this weekend. So I guess for the time being I'm trying to reassure my purchase and also live vicariously through others. Thanks for your response reesider. Can't wait to get her out on the trails. First carbon frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    The Solitude is a great bike! I've owned mine for about 4 months. Bought it primarily for racing, but find that I ride it much more than I expected because it is such a fun bike to ride. Mine weighs in just over 21 lbs with XT build. Nimble, fast, and climbs like a champ! I've put mine down hard several times, once sending my bike rag-dolling on slick rock during a race. I also ride that bike hard, in the rocky mountains, where bikes get beat up. So far, the Solitude has handled everything I can throw at it with ease. I don't know of any other bike that comes even close to the quality/price combo of the Solitude, and Fezzari is great to work with. Custom builds, great customer service, and stand by their product.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Bike is built and ready to ride, just need the sky's to close shop, get the sun back out to dry the trails up a bit, I'll be all set to ride.... Can't wait, the mechanic at the shop that swapped all the parts over made several comments as to the quality of craftsmanship of the frame. The shop deals in Specialized and Niner.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Fezzari Solitude?-image.jpg Here she is all built up. Ready to ride weight, 19 inch frame. 23lbs even

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Okay I just got my first ride oin on this frame, it was still fairly wet and slippery on the trail, not to mention all the rain we just had washed the trail out pretty bad, whic made riding more challenging than usual, but I have to say that I am completely impressed with this frame. Albeit it is my first experience on a carbon frame, I am blown away by the ride quality and acceleration you get from each pedal stroke. The trails around here are fairly flat with lots of roots, the trail I rode today has lots of sand, so there are a few descent climbs that are grinders with sand and lots of tall roots, I was able to power and float up these sections whereas before they were a slow grind. I typically have a sore back about four or five miles into a ride, but today and went for a fairly short ride of eight miles and not once did my back become sore. I'm going to ride again tomorrow! But so far I couldn't be happier with my purchase, all of my expectations have been far exceeded, and I came into this with high expectations. Great job Fezzari!