mtbr member
    Nov 2017

Fezzari Signal Peak?

Anyone ridden one of these yet? Looks great on paper, and a killer deal, but not a whole lot of real world info on them that I can find online. Would be using it for long rides and marathon events.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Iíd like to know too. Iíve been heavily debating getting the Signal Peak Elite.
    Last edited by Drumnatural; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:58 AM.

mtbr member
    Iím looking at this bike closely as it seems to check all the boxes. It seems like the ďGoldilocksĒ just right bike for my type of riding where the bike has to climb great and be a capable descender. But I am wondering why the weight on some of the reviews is so high. Here is one description:

ďWith a Fox 34 Step Cast fork, XX1 components and it weighing in at only 25lbs, it seems the intended use leans towards the lycra clad XC crowd. I opted to go with a tad wider 30mm internal width Reynolds 309tr wheels and a beefy DHF 2.3 front and DHR 2.3 rear tire combo Ė it still weighs in at only 26lbs. Not too shabby.Ē

https://mtbeu.com/?p=888

Okay so Iím a bit of a weenie, I admit, but 25 lbs seems high for a bike with a 2200 gram frame with XX1, level ultimate brakes, SC fork, Reynolds carbon wheels. There really isnít anything you could do to lighten it up, that is all top of the line stuff. One reviewer says the frame weight is 2000 grams in a size Medium, but the Fezzari website says 2200 grams, either way thatís a pretty darn light frame that should result in some light builds. I would expect their top of the line build to come in at 24lbs.

I live a few minutes away from their shop in Utah, Iím going to check this bike out and maybe demo one if I could get an XL...

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    I sat down and looked up each of the components weight that makes up the Signal Peak Elite. Now these weight numbers are what I found from the part manufacturer or a bike mags review. These arenít 100% but should be close enough to get an idea of full bikes weight.

Comes to 24.6 pounds. Only way to really know is to weigh the exact build in person.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    @the boz, would love to hear any review on these that are from real riders, not just the couple articles I read on the bike. Is it even available yet? I'm trying to decide on this bike, Sniper Trail, RM Element, and possibly the new Orbea. These bikes are checking everything I'm looking for, they are all just so new (except for the Element), not many out in the wild yet!

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Box - for comparison same, what do you weigh in at? Iím ~200lbs, and a bit worried the frame might not hold together for a bigger guy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Itís not just the frame to worry about. For most XC wheels Iíve seen state a max rider weight of 220lbs to 230lbs. XC wheels are the options for the Signal Peak.
    2007 Trek 4500
    2014 Specialized Stumpjumper Evo HT

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Any real world ride reports yet?

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator50 View Post
    Any real world ride reports yet?
    I am looking at the same bike, but the Comp model and came across this today:

https://www.velonews.com/2018/05/bik...al-peak_465206

https://www.velonews.com/2018/05/mou...ff-road_465095

Fezzari Signal Peak bridges XC-trail gap - Mountain Bike Review- Mtbr.com

New Fezzari 120mm xc trail Signal Peak