mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Fezzari bikes anyone

Looking at the Solitude series at the moment
    https://www.fezzari.com/29er-hard-ta...9er/tech_specs $2999

https://www.fezzari.com/29er-hard-ta...9er/tech_specs $2399

good deal great deal what you guys think?
    is the $600 difference worth it from XT to SLX plus some other component changes?

mtbr member
    Looks very much like many of the Chinese Carbon 29ers that people are building. Both builds are a pretty good deal with good components. Seems like a decent bike, a US seller that claims they are providing a Lifetime Warranty on their bikes. I'd say go for the XT build but the SLX isn't bad either if that's all your budget will allow.

mtbr member
    Nice deal. My wife bought one of their bottom of the line 26" bikes a few years back. Great customer service when we had an issue with the build.
    Signature

MTB B'dos
    Either bike would be very nice, the XT of course a bit nicer. Honestly after just building up a SC Tallboy with full SLX I'd be very happy to have a bike built with it - just rode it this AM after doing the initial tune up on it and was again blown away by how nice it is.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My MTB vids

Cow Clicker
    Looks solid. The $600 is going to get you about a .75 pound loss and that's about it. I'd check out the Sette Razzo as well as it is in the same category. I own a Sette Serum and have been very happy with it. Markell Anderson is on the Razzo in top 10 for the 2013 Tour Divide and it has held up well.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    This bike came out literally a couple days after I (financially) committed to a custom Sette Razzo build. If it had come out sooner I definitely would have considered and probably bought this bike (XT build). My build was with almost the exact same components, but I was able to build it for a little less (there are of course trade-offs that I made in the process). This bike has a few advantages over the Razzo pre-built verision:

- Carbon bar and seat post;
    - XT Ice Tech brakes;
    - XTR Shadow Plus Rear Mech;
    - Usable tires;
    - Arch over Crest rims (personal preference).

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I don't have any direct experience, and while the bikes themselves get good reviews a major gripe tends to be customer service. If you read around you'll find that bikes sometimes arrive damaged and getting the situation rectified can be difficult. I agree Fezzari often seems like a screaming deal, but customer service is worth the extra cost to me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mumphry View Post
    I don't have any direct experience, and while the bikes themselves get good reviews a major gripe tends to be customer service. If you read around you'll find that bikes sometimes arrive damaged and getting the situation rectified can be difficult. I agree Fezzari often seems like a screaming deal, but customer service is worth the extra cost to me.
    Haven't really found any negative talk about their customer service can you post the link.
    All I found was some talk about their full suspension that the geo was a bit off or similar.
    What you guys say about the geo of this hard tail good enough? Just like the rest or it would be twitchy.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudbuster View Post
    Haven't really found any negative talk about their customer service can you post the link.
    All I found was some talk about their full suspension that the geo was a bit off or similar.
    What you guys say about the geo of this hard tail good enough? Just like the rest or it would be twitchy.
    The Alta Peak is the model I looked at. The bike itself has very favorable reviews, but the reviews here concerned me. Note there are several that mention poor customer service, and they're all recent. This tells me it's trending down, not up. Again, just my opinion.

mtbr member
    If this is the case...bummer. I think we bought her bike 5-6 years ago from Fezzari, did the whole online fit thing, and it arrived quickly. Within about an hour or so of riding the drivetrain started skipping constantly. Since this was a brand new bike I called them instead of trying to mess with it myself. They had us take it to the shop of our choice for a diagnosis. From there they were in communication with the shop via phone and they handled the payment for repair (ended up being a bad chain). On top of that they offered us $50 in free stuff for the hassle. Mind you this was only a $500 bike so we were blown away by the way Fezzari handled the issue.
    Signature

Cow Clicker
    If you want the bike and are worried about customer service, call (801) 471-0440 and ask for Chris Washburn. He's the founder and owner and, I'm confident, he would love to hear about your concerns. Just ask him to give you his word that if anything goes sideways, that he will make it right.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.