mtbr member
    Feb 2012

Felt Nine Sport paint chipping

Hello everyone, this is my first thread.

I have a Felt Nine Sport in the orange crush colour which I purchased a few weeks ago and have done about 100 miles on it so far. I've recently noticed that the paint chips off very easily especially near the bottom bracket. Is this common with Felt bikes? I have a small touch up pot of paint that came with the bike but at this rate it will need a respray within a year

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Every bike that I have had the paint chips off the chain stay and/ or by the crank. It is just rock chips, the way I see it if I was worried about having a perfect paint job all the time I would road bike. I know how you feel when you get a new shiny frame and every little chip is like a chip out of your soul. I usually feel that way until I wreck one good time and gouge the paint on a rock.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    What makes it more annoying is that the undercoat they have used is white and the odd chip is a fair size. I am back to the metal around the crank due the chain coming off once or twice. It would have been nice if they had used a decent strength paint lacquer. Maybe i just need to ride it more so the dirt hides the chips

Noli Me Tangere
    Jul 2008
    You can get that protective tape from 3M to cover your downtube and whatnot...
    Annie are you ok? Are you ok, Annie?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Not sure its worth it if the rest of the bike is going chip. Think I'll just have to put up with it and get a less colourful bike next time.

Anyone else with a Felt have a similar experience?

Certifiably Crazy
    Mine is still pretty after a lot of hard miles. A couple of scratches from taking a spill and my bike rack, but I haven't experienced the easy paint chipping you're talking about.

Carlos
    2011 Felt Z5
    2012 Felt Nine Race
    2013 Felt Edict Nine

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Here's mine from the other weekend

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I thought i would add a few pics of my frame