mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Felt carbon 29er on ailexpress??

Anyone have any thoughts on purchasing one of these. They are listed for $750 with free shipping. Granted its a 2011 leftover but for that price it's hard not to gamble. Any feedback is appreciated

I'd post a link but evidently post count from sister site doesn't transfer

mtbr member
    Wholesale felt 29er - Buy Low Price felt 29er Lots on Aliexpress.com

Is this what you are talking about? Sounds too good to be true... and my sensible side is telling me to ignore, but my scumbag brain is clicking buy now... lol
    Ghisallo Wheels

I'm really good looking.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Yup thats the one....I am having a real hard time not pulling out my prepaid VISA and snagging one up just for giggles. They do offer escrow payment at Aliexpress now. they dont release payment till you inspect item upon delivery. I gather it works similar to COD.

mtbr member
    I checked out other bikes, they got Jet9 RDO, Lynskey, etc for under $1k. I would research more about what they actually sell before buying it, even with buyer protection (although it would be worth it to buy it just for couple of components assuming they are not defective/knockoff/used).
    Ghisallo Wheels

I'm really good looking.

mtbr member
    I just noticed that they are all from different sellers but with exact same description and pictures. That doesn't look legit at all.
    Ghisallo Wheels

I'm really good looking.

mtbr member
    I can answer the question in one word: SCAM.

Run, don't walk, from this site.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    So Allie is legit but not all the wholesalers they use are. I paid for a carbon seat post to Allie then the wholesaler canceled the bid and returned my money. So not too much a waste of time but you may get lucky.
    High Ho Sultan, Lets GO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 29or6to4 View Post
    So Allie is legit but not all the wholesalers they use are. I paid for a carbon seat post to Allie then the wholesaler canceled the bid and returned my money. So not too much a waste of time but you may get lucky.
    No, it's a scam; not legit. They returned your money, but I'd watch that credit card like a hawk now since they have the number and, presumably the CVV, too. I'd also watch other accounts and, if I were you, do a 90 day fraud alert on my credit file to watch for the coming ID theft attempts.
    www.teamnavycycling.org
    10 Pivot Mach 429
    09 Felt Nine Race
    03 Litespeed Tuscany

mtbr member
    Ya, common sense tells me it's a scam without a doubt, but my accountant's voice in my head keeps telling me it's better deal than spending $2k on a rigid ss. lol
    Ghisallo Wheels

I'm really good looking.

mtbr member
    Dude! SCAM! Here's some advice: If it seems too good to be true, it is. Here's another bit of advice: all scams work on either your sense of a) pity; or b) greed.

Which is being worked here?