mtbr member
    Jul 2004

EWR Bikes 29er Project

Greetings everyone. EWR Bikes is proud to announce that we are in the process of prototyping a 29er, based off of our popular and proven Original Woods Bike frame platform. We are currently working on a medium- and large-sized prototype mules, and we are courting response for an XXL sized frame.

We will have engineering drawings up on our website within a week or so, and a photo documentation of the prototype process as we develop them.

Please check out www.ewrbikes.com for more information in the coming days. We would love to get some feedback on this project from you all, especially regarding interest in XXL sized frames. Again, look for our drawings and updates within a week both on our website and here. Thanks for reading.

Jay de Jesus/EWR Bikes
    www.ewrbikes.com
    Email: jay@ewrbikes.com, info@ewrbikes.com

bcd
    mtbr member
    little spamy but thanks for letting us know. you guys make cool stuff.

alex morgan

mtbr member
    FWIW plenty of bikes for the tall folks on 29er's. Why not think outside of the box and market your extraordinary design to suit vertically challenged riders? Just a thought.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Alex, I apologize. I just want to get feedback regarding sizing and such, but you are right -- it was a bit spammy. I will be more carefull here going forward.

Fat Bob, we would like to address this with a 650B platform, but that is a little further down the line.

Jay de Jesus
    EWR Bikes

mtbr member

Thanks

I've always wanted an EWR, now they are coming as a 29er to boot . I can't wait to see the updates. I have been to your website half a dozen times since I read the news last night.

Any ideas on the frame price yet?
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    how long of a toptube are you thinking for the xxl?

mtbr member
    Really long. Well into the 25" range. But this is yet to be determined. What are you riding now, and what is the TT length?
    Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Yes I am interested. 25" range would work nice.
    I guess being a pain in the a$$ works.

Recovering couch patato
    I think you should stick to what the proto's tell you, and extrapolate that to larger sizes. I would hope your frames will be different from all else, so you're setting the relative sizing.
    XXL riders are now ALL on top tubes over 25". But most XL's got long top tubes becuase of the S's otherwise getting toe overlap. Bad reason to build even a good bike from.

It would be good to have a bike that would be like a Banshee Morphine (I had an 18"), with extended seat tube above the top tube to get more "XC" out of it when needed. I was *this* close to having one made in 29" at one time (was their distributor), the proto cost scared me off.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Cloxxki, I know this is off topic, but do you Skate? I am going to look on your site next. I've been skating since I liven in VT -- there are a ton of great Nordic Centers in New England and NY. Skating this weekend.

Check out www.laplandlake.com and www.salmonhills.com Salmon Hills gets a ridiculous amount of snow.

OK. Back to bikes...

Welcome to the Gem...

interesting design... it really does look strong.
    2008 JabberWocky
    Chubs... Carbon... Good...

mtbr member
    I think there would be interest from the 29er crowd in some of the frames being done as dedicated singlespeeds -- with no extra cable guides/stops and no derailleur hanger.

Keep up the good work. It's been cool to watch the 1st batch of Woods Bikes come together!

DiscoCowboy

You bet

29er single speed without the unnecessary bits and pieces, sign me up!

Quote Originally Posted by CJones
    I think there would be interest from the 29er crowd in some of the frames being done as dedicated singlespeeds -- with no extra cable guides/stops and no derailleur hanger.

Keep up the good work. It's been cool to watch the 1st batch of Woods Bikes come together!

mtbr member
    Large is good enough for me, let me know when to send the check.