mtbr member
    Sep 2006

Ellsworth evolve carbon

Sweet!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ellsworth evolve carbon-large_ellsworth-1.jpg  

banned
    That bike is awesome, need to order ASAP!

mtbr member
    Holy crap! That's not a 27.2 seatpost or a QR rear axle. The world must be coming to its end soon.
    "You can become a very fast donkey, but you'll never be a thoroughbred..."

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    good bye ibis ripley welcome evolve carbon. well done Tony i knew you had carbon beneath your sleeve. any numbers, release date yet??? anyone

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I like the internal routing. If they have a straight black color scheme, that thing would look awesome!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    when will this be available??

Bite Me.
    Wow, a full suspension cross bike! Looks like you could almost squeeze a 38 tire in back.
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    With ICT tires are irrelevant.

Bite Me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatass View Post
    With ICT tires are irrelevant.
    I forgot, with 110 percent efficiency the bike pedals itself!
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

Trail Junkie
    Actually the rear seatstays do look pretty limiting.
    I just hope the revamped the geometry...unless you like the 72ish HA and longs stays.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon
    Lynskey Pro29 SL SS
    Cervelo S2 Ultegra
    Salsa Selma
    Soul Cycle Dillinger Gen3

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by cutthroat View Post
    Wow, a full suspension cross bike! Looks like you could almost squeeze a 38 tire in back.
    ha, first thing i noticed as well.

it's gotta be the camera angle man, nobody would make a bike with that little tire clearance...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdryver View Post
    Actually the rear seatstays do look pretty limiting.
    I just hope the revamped the geometry...unless you like the 72ish HA and longs stays.

+1 on the geo but to the limited tire clearance of the seat stays, the angle of that photo could be misleading. It would be nice to get a few more shots to be sure. No water bottle cage mount inside the front triangle is a deal killer for me though, too bad cause it sure is nice lookin.
    This may be a total waste of time but I can't help but think that you might amount to something someday.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    That is the least offensive Ellsworth I have ever seen, I would still never own it. After seeing interviews and watching videos on their website it is quite clear that tony Ellsworth has no business being in the bike business.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    If I told you I saw a unicorn ****ing a leprechaun trail side, you'd probably be suspicious.

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PeopleForScience View Post
    That is the least offensive Ellsworth I have ever seen, I would still never own it. After seeing interviews and watching videos on their website it is quite clear that tony Ellsworth has no business being in the bike business.
    Please open the windows and doors and take a break man. It will do you good and your grey hairs will start to fade....

Ive seen it for years and years and its making me sick. Ells folks are arrogant aholes and their shXt doesnt stink, I get it. But the bottom line is this is a post about a new bike that no one here has even seen let alone ride. I too can bXtch about Ells with my past experiences and internet babble I have read but come on. It doesnt matter what bike the OP posted, its good and new news. But NOOOOOO..... some a - holes have to pipe up and be so F'n annoying. Oh well thats my 2ct. I guess this is the world we live in.

Oh, and nice looking bike for sure. Tire spacing probubly has not changed much, which is limited, if they are using the same swing arm and the "flexion" is still part of the design.

Paul

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Treetrimmer View Post
    Please open the windows and doors and take a break man. It will do you good and your grey hairs will start to fade....

Ive seen it for years and years and its making me sick. Ells folks are arrogant aholes and their shXt doesnt stink, I get it. But the bottom line is this is a post about a new bike that no one here has even seen let alone ride. I too can bXtch about Ells with my past experiences and internet babble I have read but come on. It doesnt matter what bike the OP posted, its good and new news. But NOOOOOO..... some a - holes have to pipe up and be so F'n annoying. Oh well thats my 2ct. I guess this is the world we live in.

Oh, and nice looking bike for sure. Tire spacing probubly has not changed much, which is limited, if they are using the same swing arm and the "flexion" is still part of the design.

Paul
    The world we live in is one where a persons actions have consequences.

Ellsworth Bikes is a great example of a company that survives in spite of its owner which is also a testiment to the product. Must be good stuff if people will still buy it from such a polarizing figure.

I do business with people I like and companies which treat others with what in my opinion is good ethics and fairly. There are two Ellsworth bikes that I would like to own but never ever would because I absolutely will not support the D'bagery of the owner and some of his management/employees via purchasing the product.
    Monte
    Lodging & Guiding for SW Utah Trails
    http://www.vrbo.com/298759
    www.UtahMountainBikingAdventures.com
    MTBR Discounts

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Is this bike shipping yet?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Nice !,!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Just built mine... After 30 or so wiles cross country... Incredible bike.!

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    rcgalore, is rear triangle from aluminum ?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Gentleman View Post
    rcgalore, is rear triangle from aluminum ?
    Yes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Can I use a 156Q factor XX1 Crankset on this frame, or do I need to go with the 168Q..?

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I can measure the distance between the crank and the frame and see if the 156 will do.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by preachinmachine View Post
    Can I use a 156Q factor XX1 Crankset on this frame, or do I need to go with the 168Q..?

Well.... Based on the tables provided for XX cranksets... between a Q factor of 168Q and 156Q there is a difference of around .20" inches ( between 3/16 and 1/4 inch)......ON EACH side...
    I dod recall that when I installed the Cadence magnet on my 175mm with Q factor of 168Q Crankset, I had about 3/16" clearance between the Magnet sensor and the rear frame....( and do have in mind that the Magnet width is around 3/8" )
    I would tend to think that yes, it will work, but if you want to play it safe, call or write Ellsworth. They should clear your diubts...
    Anyways... Nice bike, you will love it.!!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Wink Evolve Carbon crank width

Quote Originally Posted by rcgalore View Post
    Well.... Based on the tables provided for XX cranksets... between a Q factor of 168Q and 156Q there is a difference of around .20" inches ( between 3/16 and 1/4 inch)......ON EACH side...
    I dod recall that when I installed the Cadence magnet on my 175mm with Q factor of 168Q Crankset, I had about 3/16" clearance between the Magnet sensor and the rear frame....( and do have in mind that the Magnet width is around 3/8" )
    I would tend to think that yes, it will work, but if you want to play it safe, call or write Ellsworth. They should clear your diubts...
    Anyways... Nice bike, you will love it.!!!
    Thanks for the info...I just called Ellsworth this morning and Andrae actually recommended the 156Q Factor. So...I should be good to go! I'll post some pics & comments as soon as I can.