mtbr member
    Nov 2005

El Patron w/F29 100 G2 ...what should I expect?

Considering trading my El Ciclon for a shorter travel XC bike. Have an offer for an El Patron with G2 fork and trying to figure out impact of G2 fork on handling.

Stock geometry is:
    HTA = 71
    AtoC = 487 (I believe this would indicate it was built around an 80m fork)
    Offset = 41

F29 100 G2 has an offset of 51.

My hypothesis is that the increased offset will be "offset" by the increase in travel, and handling will be neutral to stock, but with more travel.

Any and all help is appreciated.

thx
    -Chris

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    It's been discussed here to the point of puking.
    Some like it, some don't....but few have actually tried it( just spouting numbers).
    I'm going to put a G2 on a Lev next week....and have a DT Swiss coming to boot.
    Try it, you might like it....and if you don't, you will find out the wonder that is Ebay.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by the mayor
    It's been discussed here to the point of puking.
    Some like it, some don't....but few have actually tried it( just spouting numbers).
    I'm going to put a G2 on a Lev next week....and have a DT Swiss coming to boot.
    Try it, you might like it....and if you don't, you will find out the wonder that is Ebay.
    I was going to say something about explosions and fire but what you said was better.
    This may be a total waste of time but I can't help but think that you might amount to something someday.