Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I think its a 7.25, but i havent had a chance to try it yet.

ang
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Subscribed

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I think

Chinese frame it resembles that of the spark rc 29. angle is also similar.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by wiro; 02-14-2012 at 02:59 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    And the Chinese one

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-imageuploadedbytapatalk1329260768.672920.jpg

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Ok so I ordered a 184mm fox RP2 so I'll update you if it fits or not

small member
    Jun 2006
    sorry, but why do you insist on putting a different length shock as what it was intended for...I don't get it???

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I couldn't get the correct information.(I already had this frame before stumbling across this site) I was measuring it i2i on the frame.
    But as the new shock arrived today, it definitely didn't fit, about 2mm too big.
    So now going to get the Scott nude shock as that's 165 and all the internal routing is there for it.

small member
    Jun 2006
    I see.

Is it possible to get the nude shock alone?

all the internal routing for it? that's further proof that this "mystery frame" is in fact a Scott Spark copy...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    I see.

all the internal routing for it? that's further proof that this "mystery frame" is in fact a Scott Spark copy...
    It's actually more of a superfly100 copy without the ABP... the geometry matches up pretty well. But I will stay away from this frame for next couple of months, untill I know how it holds up. I'm still unsure which pivots contain bearings, and which don't.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vwsurfbum View Post

In the mean time i took some photos in the snow.

If you have a bike where the brake and gear cables are routed underneath the bottom bracket there needs to be a loop of cable beneath the bottom bracket, so that when the suspension is fully compressed the cables don't pull tight. The cables need to be long enough so that they don't touch the frame at full compression.

If the cables pull tight when the suspension compresses then it will wear a groove in the bottom bracket shell. It can also cause ghost shifting and possibly damage the cables too.

The picture below shows the cable routing beneath a Specialized Epic's bottom bracket. It looks like your frame probably needs similar cable routing also.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-2009_epic_bottom_bracket.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    you can buy this one on German ebay! looks familiar!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    one more post

mtbr member
    Jul 2008

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    here the colored versions! 1799€. WOW.

Best-Bike-Parts

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by boseta View Post
    here the colored versions! 1799€. WOW.

Best-Bike-Parts
    Paint is expensive

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by WR304 View Post
    If you have a bike where the brake and gear cables are routed underneath the bottom bracket there needs to be a loop of cable beneath the bottom bracket, so that when the suspension is fully compressed the cables don't pull tight. The cables need to be long enough so that they don't touch the frame at full compression.

If the cables pull tight when the suspension compresses then it will wear a groove in the bottom bracket shell. It can also cause ghost shifting and possibly damage the cables too.

The picture below shows the cable routing beneath a Specialized Epic's bottom bracket. It looks like your frame probably needs similar cable routing also.
    The cables to the rear mech is fine with its internal routing but the rear brake hose needs to be about 2-3" longer. thats next weeks job.

Quote Originally Posted by wedge
    I see.

There is a guy selling a new one with switch gear on ebay.co.uk
    Its closer to the scott than the GF with its internal cable routing and 165mm rear shock
    I have a Fox RL on there at the moment and it works a treat.
    Once i'm off death row (i have man flu) i will get some pictures up of the pivots etc.

help with the zip please
    hmmm, this Santa Cruz is making these "cheap chinese 29er duallies" look not so cheap. $1050 frame with shock

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I don't think that is for the carbon SC.

help with the zip please
    Quote Originally Posted by LowOnO2 View Post
    I don't think that is for the carbon SC.
    It's not, but at 5.9 lb frame weight and dual suspension, does it matter that it's not carbon?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    It's not, but at 5.9 lb frame weight and dual suspension, does it matter that it's not carbon?
    Salsa already had that covered with the Spearfish

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by emu26 View Post
    Yes, or at least for some of us. I haven't looked at this thread solely because of price or weight, but because i'm interested in the durability and ride qualities that carbon has to offer at a reasonable price.

If weight is your primary objective as mentioned there is the spearfish for the same money and the anthem x for not much more. From the talk on the $1050 Santa Cruz offering it is a budget option with a single pivot and if its anything like it's 26er version a flexy bike especially in the larger sizes. I'm not sure if the carbon frames in this thread are any better or not as there has been much feedback or comparisons but in theory this carbon frame should be much stiffer and more durable that what other $1000 offering are. Only time will tell on that one though.

small member
    Jun 2006
    yep. people need to start realize that light weight is not the only thing carbon has to offer.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    3300 € on ebay. Specialized pricing on chinese frame. not bad!!! 29er Full Suspension Carbon 29 Zoll MTB- 11,6kg - 17,5" NEU | eBay

mtbr member
    FYI, this has already been reported.

EDIT: Incase you are wondering what this is about, there were three spam posts above it. Why this post was not removed with them, is anybody's guess.
    Last edited by MagicCarpet; 02-26-2012 at 06:06 PM.

help with the zip please
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    yep. people need to start realize that light weight is not the only thing carbon has to offer.
    Wedge I am well aware of that but I started this thread more from a price point than a carbon point of view. My 26" hardtail is carbon not al or steel because it is complient where I want it to be and stiff as a board where it should be.

The compliance of carbon is lost here because it is a thread about duallies as opposed to the other 29er cheap chinese carbon thread which is about hardtails.

The mistake I have clearly made in my last post is not appreciating how flexy the santa cruz is feared to be and if it is flexy then obviously the carbon frame will trump it. From a price perspective though my last comment stands true, at $800 + shock + pivot bearings etc, the chinese carbon duallie is no longer "cheap" in comparison to the $1050 Santa Cruz that comes with a warranty that I think most of us would trust.

Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast