Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Regardin the shock, std fox 8mm fittings and std bolts from most lbs will suffice.
    Sizing im 5.10" and have the 17.5, and its just about on the upper limit, at 6.2" I would say 19 or 21??

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gillsh View Post
    Hi,
    what parts did you had to buy in order to mount the rear shock? where did you buy it from?

many thanks,
    I bought two titanium M8 axes from bikehardest.de, one 31 mm length, another 36 mm. They are fixed with four M6/16 screws

Updating: new brand
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-1.jpg  

Last edited by LoAl; 03-28-2012 at 04:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vwsurfbum View Post
    If you go to www . Flyxii . Com its only $700 posted
    I see several posts saying this site offers shipping included in $700 price. Hong Fu wants $700 and $95 shipping. I could even live with that but they need 15 day production and another 30 days shipping. 45 days is a long time.

Anyway, trying to get quote from the site above and all my emails get rejected. Has anyone had luck contacting this company? If so, how? Also, would be interested if shipping was included and how long it took

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I ordered mine through their website, it gives you an order number and you include that in a PayPal transaction, 10days later it appeared at home all shiney and nice.

Been great tbh, apart from I ordered some replacement gear hangers replacements after the event, and they turned up wrong. :roll:

The free shipping is a selling point definitely and the free headset is worth mentioning. Remember im in the UK so it would cost them more to ship here, and the conversion to £ is worse.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I run bigger rotor at the front as i feel 160mm doesn't stop you quick enough when you have the bigger wheels, but it will only house a 160mm at the rear
    can you just use an adapter to fit a 180 rotor?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I haven't got a 180 to try, but ill post a pic of the clearance if it helps?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    not the best picture, but its hard to get an angle that you could see the clearence. i would say 180 might be ok, but it would be close.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

What Detailer hanger?

I just bought full suspension 29er from flyxxi.com. I' short on time and would like to order derailer hanger before frame ships. I see they have 5 or so different hangers and I don't know what one I need. First, does one come with the bike? If it does, it slows down my need to rush. Second, how do I know what one to order? It must be based off of the deraileryour running?? I am converting a 29er hard tail that has SRAM x9 derailer. Not sure the size. If it helps it's on 2009 fuji Tahoe sl. Do you know if I have to change derailer?

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by vontress View Post
    I just bought full suspension 29er from flyxxi.com. I' short on time and would like to order derailer hanger before frame ships. I see they have 5 or so different hangers and I don't know what one I need. First, does one come with the bike? If it does, it slows down my need to rush. Second, how do I know what one to order? It must be based off of the deraileryour running?? I am converting a 29er hard tail that has SRAM x9 derailer. Not sure the size. If it helps it's on 2009 fuji Tahoe sl. Do you know if I have to change derailer?
    Should come with one (their road and HT frames do anyway).
    Ask them to ship additionals.
    I have seen others do this and I have asked for 2 spares with my FM056 HT.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    It does come with a hanger. I tried to order two others after but got sent the wrong ones. Easier to buy off eBay once you get the frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LoAl View Post
    Some new photos after a ride
    Pedazo de pepino. Enhorabuena.
    Congratulations!!!

ang
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LoAl View Post
    Finally I lost a little time to find the bolts for the fixing shock on the frame. The pin is M8, only that the nut for M8 (13 mm) did not enter into the lower connection (12 mm). So, since I wanted something light, I ordered two internally threaded titanium pins M8: the upper one measuring 31 mm, 36 mm lower. With four titanium screws M6/16 I assembled everything.
    Hi LoAI,

Where did you order the shock mounting pin & screw set? How much?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    Hi LoAI,

Where did you order the shock mounting pin & screw set? How much?

Thanks.
    Hi ang,

I ordered from www.bikehardest.de. I don't remember the price, I think around 20-25 Euros

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by wiro View Post
    Pedazo de pepino. Enhorabuena.
    Congratulations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killerbunny View Post
    Looks great..
    Thanks a lot

ang
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010

mtbr member
    Jan 2011

pay attention that the photo tricks: the price does not include the screws!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonal.jason View Post
    Normally it will come with one derailleur hanger, already assembled on the frame, and you can ask the seller to offer your some spare hangers, such as below photo (it's model M7 for reference). Spare 1 or 2pcs maybe also can be free when you purchase the frame.
    carbonal.jason your photo of the rear derailleur hanger looks back to front compared to the picture on Hungfu website

My chinese LTK023 hardtail rear derailleur hanger looks similar to the FM036 hanger

Self employed picture framer, selling the odd cycle part/light as a sideline
    youtube / strava. Back on a bike after 25years

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I pulled the trigger and bought the frame from Flyxii. They said 3-4 weeks and bike arrived in 9 days. Pretty remarkable.

Now I have a wierd twist. My bike shop tells me that the front derailer is a very special set up that takes a Specialized specific derailer that they don't even know if they can get. I don't see anything on MTBR about that. Do you know what they might be talking about? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

We used an XT e-typeand took off the bracket.

We used a shimano XT e type. I know there is also a direct mount e type but you can buy the old fashioned one and remove the bracket.

Amazon.com: Shimano XT M780 E-type 3x10 Front Derailleur: Sports & Outdoors

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by subspd View Post
    Well said the rear shock prices retail is just stupid high compared to a frameset. That said with the HT running about $400 if the FS can come in under $700 or so it would be worth it. But if your looking at over $1k with a rear shock their are other options like a spearfish.
    Isn't this an aluminum frame?

ang
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vontress View Post
    I pulled the trigger and bought the frame from Flyxii. They said 3-4 weeks and bike arrived in 9 days. Pretty remarkable.
    Hi vontress,

Can you post a close-up of the shock mount holes(front & rear)?

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    Hi vontress,

Can you post a close-up of the shock mount holes(front & rear)?

Thanks!
    Is this good enough?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-wp_000910.jpg  

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-temporary-26.jpg  

ang
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks vwsurfbum! I have a DT Swiss EX200 shock 165mm on hand...thinking about getting those shock eye bushing from CRC in order to mount it onto the FM036 frame which I have not placed an order yet.

Also, can you share the riding experience with this frame?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Does this bike looks like the Scott Spark 29 RC? The front triangle is different, but the rear looks identical.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    its almost identicle to the Scott, all the internal routings are te same, just the top tube is different.
    The dt Swiss shock will be great, im looking for the remote lock out version
    Get those bushings ordered and the frame!

mIne has take everything I've thrown at it, very light stiff and feels like more than 110 if travel at rear.
    I'm running 120mm up front and its perfect

Beyonce pics

ang
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    mIne has take everything I've thrown at it, very light stiff and feels like more than 110 if travel at rear.
    I'm running 120mm up front and its perfect
    Glad to hear that 120mm up front is perfect. I plan to run a Marzocchi 29er 120mm, wont mind more travel up front for rocky trail.

However, may need more time to locate a suitable e-type front deraileur.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    I was running it single ring with a guide but I put on a old lx direct mount I had laying about.
    Loads of choices on derailiure.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by reydin View Post
    Wow , it might grow on me but right now, fugly comes to mind.
    IDK if it looks that bad IMO, but I think it looks like an amalgamation of different designs. I can see the Trek (superfly, Rumblefish), Yeti, and Specialized camber in there. Seems the Chinese are taking American designs and amalgamating them together, but I guess its to be expected when you design them here and give them the build sheets to make them. The first pic is the specialize camber by the way...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-sf-100.jpg  

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-trek-rumble.jpg  

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-yeti.jpg  

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Rev. 14; 05-08-2012 at 06:36 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    It seems like it could be built up for under $3000 full XTR and fox shock front and rear. Still a good deal. I couldn't even get a Tallboy Carbon D kit for $3000 and those come with a no frills package and recon silver front fork, but a name you can trust. I'm curious on these frames on the durability and longevity on them. It is a good deal if you have the money to experiment with.

mtbr member
    Is anyone actually entertaining the idea that the subject of this thread looks anything like those four bikes? I mean, any more than they resemble each other, or any other bike? Why do these threads always have to wear those types of comments?
    "Amalgamation of designs" Is that a joke? Are we accusing Trek of an amalgamation of designs? Yeti perhaps? If not, why not?

Back to reality, can someone make a point by point account of what has bearings, what has bushes, etc.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicCarpet View Post
    can someone make a point by point account of what has bearings, what has bushes, etc.
    Yes.

Main pivot, Sealed Bearing.
    Rocker pivot, Sealed Bearings.
    Seat stay pivots (lower). Bushes.
    Seat stay pivots (upper) Sealed Bearings.
    Shock mounts. Bushes.

does that help?

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    the lower seat stay pivot rotates less than the others, smart.

mtbr member
    Thanks vwsurfbum.

There was a few people concerned about this throughout the thread. That seems normal. I recently put needle rollers in my shock eyes and it had an amazing effect. I wonder if there are any available the size of the seat stay bushes?

Also, I wonder if there is any variation in this between the different sellers, because there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary there.

The finish on yours looks great in those pics.

I'd be finding it hard not to have a go at this with a 142x12 rear.

Trail Ninja
    Is anyone actually entertaining the idea that the subject of this thread looks anything like those four bikes? I mean, any more than they resemble each other, or any other bike? Why do these threads always have to wear those types of comments?
    "Amalgamation of designs" Is that a joke? Are we accusing Trek of an amalgamation of designs? Yeti perhaps? If not, why not?
    Why does no one entertain the idea that they didn't "copy"? I mean, they're Asians, like the ones that typically score better than a majority of the other class in math, science, etc. JKing.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Why does no one entertain the idea that they didn't "copy"? I mean, they're Asians, like the ones that typically score better than a majority of the other class in math, science, etc. JKing.
    Except that jokes are usually funny.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis View Post
    Yeh, people misunderstand the nature of Chinese manufacturing. They are not just cheaper, they are better, quicker, and have more trained engineers. Depressing but true.

sent from one of my 4 gold leafed iphone 4s's

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Also that the factory that this is made in actually make carbon frames for the big manufacturers

ang
    mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    There was a few people concerned about this throughout the thread. That seems normal. I recently put needle rollers in my shock eyes and it had an amazing effect. I wonder if there are any available the size of the seat stay bushes?
    Hi MagicCarpet,

What size of needle bearings do you order for the shock eyes? I wonder if DT Swiss shock eyes are of "standard" size as there are bushings already installed in the shock eyes.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Ang

I have a Fox RP2 and I think it used 15mm needle bearings. Your seller should be able to tell you what your shock uses. I'd probably steer clear of the Enduro bearings as they are hit and miss regarding play and drove me mad. There are other brands out there. Hopefully of higher quality.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Complete FRM bike based on the FM036 frame

Looks like FRM has started to take pre orders on complete bikes based on the FM036 frame, ranging from 4600 to 7300 EUR!

"Carbon fibre monocoque made in Asia. Painted and assembled in Italy"

Apparently I can't post links yet, so you will need to type......

w
    w
    w
    frmbike
    biz

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Wow that's mental money!

FRM Bike Technology S.r.l.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Why can't you just use a M8 Nyloc on the lower shock mount similar to the upper? Will it not fit?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    There's no room for a nyloc nut, but I used a m8 round headed Allen sex bolts.
    Also just ordered some offset shock bushings for the rear shock.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Can you post a link to those fasteners for the lower shock mount

I had to MacGiver something. But I would like to find something off the shelf.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bob13bob View Post
    Yeh, people misunderstand the nature of Chinese manufacturing. They are not just cheaper, they are better, quicker, and have more trained engineers. Depressing but true.

sent from one of my 4 gold leafed iphone 4s's

I disagree, there is little in regards to innovation in the chinese culture due to their government.

Most of "made in China" labels usually have an American engineered design behind them. Cheaper labor and manufacturing is the main reason so much is done there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nbwallace View Post
    I had to MacGiver something. But I would like to find something off the shelf.
    OFFSET BUSHINGS.com

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hi is it a 165mm shock i need?

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Yes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I am considering one of these frames. What seems to be the best company to deal with? It seems that several companies are selling what looks like the same frame some using a different part number. Many do not list a price. It would be nice to have a thread started where folks post up their builds of these frames and their reviews. Something without all the speculation and anti or pro Chinese rhetoric.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Try FLYXI $700 posted

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast