Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
Results 1,951 to 1,978 of 1978
    mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    Send them an email and see what they say. From my own experiences...the frame will not be made till you order the frame. I'm not sure what would involve making the change in the molds for cable routing...but if they're the manufacturer and some bad routing is involved...who knows they might make the change. It's just that the frame is pretty new and chances are nobody has brought the hose routing to their attention. Manufacturers do make running changes as time goes on. The 057 and 062 have both seen improvements since they first came out.
    Haven't heard of any Chinese mtb seller that would modify anything on the frame on customers request.

Another issue is the rear brake mount. As the seatstay will flex that will cause braking issues.

https://dfp2hfrf3mn0u.cloudfront.net...rint_pdf_1.pdf
    See this document from Scott explains that they use a special mount for the rear disc caliper, disconnected from the seatstay.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

XX1 Eagle black 38T

Heya'll, loong time no post. How is everybody doing?

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-20170311_002313.jpg

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-20170311_002339_.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Hello, about the Miracle FS029 29er frame, could it use a Front Derailleur? Which type? Or it is only for 1x drivetrain? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    The F029's front end looks pretty slack. Very interesting frame.

Deihlos's bike looks pretty good. I really like the straight lines on the frame. Hope he don't mind me posting his bike.
    Attachment 1125951

Looking for more feedback on the M-108 also.
    I'm guessing he bought from Miracle bike?

Not sure if the FC29 is ready yet from other suppliers, but I emailed Peter at xm carbon speed about the 650B model and he said "Sorry we are still improving our CS-FS27 frame design and we haven't sold this frame so far.". So no FC27 just yet, can't comment on the 29er.

I don't know if that means they think there's some weakness in the frame they have to resolve before they sell it. Or perhaps they got the mould later and are just testing it still.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Veco View Post
    I'm guessing he bought from Miracle bike?

Not sure if the FC29 is ready yet from other suppliers, but I emailed Peter at xm carbon speed about the 650B model and he said "Sorry we are still improving our CS-FS27 frame design and we haven't sold this frame so far.". So no FC27 just yet, can't comment on the 29er.

I don't know if that means they think there's some weakness in the frame they have to resolve before they sell it. Or perhaps they got the mould later and are just testing it still.
    Quick view and you will notice:
    1 - Look at the seatstay and brake mount. The seatstay flexes with the shock travel. So try to brake and go over bumps.
    2 - Look at the cable routing, the rear brake goes through the top tube to the seatstay. The frame flexes and your brake cables will have to flex excessively when compared to cables that run down through the bb

There might be more issues , those are the ones blocking me from ordering this type of frame without major re-engineering.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ypocat View Post
    Heya'll, loong time no post. How is everybody doing?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170311_002313.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	1126250

Name:	20170311_002339_.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	1126251
    Beautiful setup. What drivetrain did you had before ? Do you ride in flatland ? 38T is huge. Don't all this big rings add weight ?

mtbr member
    where can I get this frame and how much I am not able to google it...
    thx love the lines

mtbr member
    Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-27-5-plus-full-suspension-carbon-fiber.jpg

Hey guys- This is by far the best looking frame to come out of the carbon farms in China.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Creep Tonight View Post

Name:	27-5-Plus-Full-Suspension-Carbon-Fiber.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	1134818

Hey guys- This is by far the best looking frame to come out of the carbon farms in China.
    Do you have any more info on this one? It looks different from a lot of the import frames!

mtbr member
    Definitely the best of the them. aesthetically at least.
    Well, the rep did not reply on the price but she said it takes 200x51 rear shocks (140 travel), and it's best with 140 travel fork.

boost spaced too.

update ****

USD 750/piece FOB Shanghai.
    The freight is USD 150/piece by air.

that's expensive.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Yishun LCFS902

I recently got a Yishun LCFS902 frame 20.5" frame.
    I had a quick look at the kinematics using the Linkage X3 (demo only-sorry linkage) if it is of interest to anyone. 28t chainring driving 46t rear at sag is shown in the screenshot. Ignore the specialized epic labels, the demo wont allow file name changes.
    Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-yishun-lcfs902-140mm-fork-sag_accurate-28-46t.jpg
    Anti squat is above 100% for the lowest gears, suggesting good climbing. This appears to be the case riding it also, though if you run a 32 or 34 front ring this will reduce slightly.

The linkage curve is ~10% regressive between zero and full travel, so reducing air spring positive chamber volume is beneficial to gain some rear wheel travel progressiveness.

Geometry wise it seems good.

Rear lateral stiffness seems quite low. Being quite light ~65kg, I don't notice it a lot, however if you are heavier/powerful I suspect it would be quite flexy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    The F029's front end looks pretty slack. Very interesting frame.

Deihlos's bike looks pretty good. I really like the straight lines on the frame. Hope he don't mind me posting his bike.
    Attachment 1125951

Looking for more feedback on the M-108 also.
    Does anyone know what kind of rear shock he got? I am looking at the 27.5+ version and it seems to require a metric shock with a trunnion mount.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I was looking at the same bike. I could be wrong but I think the shock length and stroke are available

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMtnSlayer View Post
    I was looking at the same bike. I could be wrong but I think the shock length and stroke are available
    But not with a trunnion mount. It is a the moment a custom fox nude shock not for sale the public.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    At the moment I am chatting with a rep who says they can buy the shock in china. I am waiting for a reply on price.
    The Miracle Bike version I got a quoted price of 699$ for the frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Oops I didn't finish my thought. You're right, I was going to say you can run an English one with hardware that fits the trunnion mount.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    But let us know what you find. Fwiw I also remember there are two versions of this bike: a plus compatible and a non-plus compatible.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Oops I didn't finish my thought. You're right, I was going to say you can run an English one with hardware that fits the trunnion mount.
    Upon closer inspection the shock pictured on the frame isn't using trunnion mount as far as I can tell. I also got another quote from miraclebike for $679 shipped to usa.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Wrong thread
    OG Ripley v2
    Mojo 3- For Sale
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sine waiver View Post
    I had a quick look at the kinematics using the Linkage X3 (demo only-sorry linkage) if it is of interest to anyone. 28t chainring driving 46t rear at sag is shown in the screenshot. Ignore the specialized epic labels, the demo wont allow file name changes.

Name:	Yishun lcfs902 140mm fork at sag_accurate 28 46t.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	1136502
    Anti squat is above 100% for the lowest gears, suggesting good climbing. This appears to be the case riding it also, though if you run a 32 or 34 front ring this will reduce slightly.

The linkage curve is ~10% regressive between zero and full travel, so reducing air spring positive chamber volume is beneficial to gain some rear wheel travel progressiveness.

Rear lateral stiffness seems quite low. Being quite light ~65kg, I don't notice it a lot, however if you are heavier/powerful I suspect it would be quite flexy.
    Interesting app. It would be interesting to run it on some new frames like the M06 and the FM098

mtbr member
    not listed on their site ???

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Hongfu FM058

Do you know this new frame ?

Shenzhen Hongfu Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-1-1f302151u82.jpg

mtbr member
    I want to see that frame with an actual rear shock.Looks a bit tight on the upper mount area.

mtbr member

Name:	Yishun lcfs902 140mm fork at sag_accurate 28 46t.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	1136502

Yeah, I calculated similar leverage ratio numbers in my own application. I bought the frame, and i'm running it with a Cane Creek DBInline shock. So far so good, but the current 38/24 double chainring configuration demands the use of the climb swith on all sections where I want to put the power down.... a 28-32t 1x drivetrain would definitely suit it better.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Hey folks,
    Anyone know what size suspension bearings the 036 frame needs?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by two-one View Post
    Yeah, I calculated similar leverage ratio numbers in my own application. I bought the frame, and i'm running it with a Cane Creek DBInline shock. So far so good, but the current 38/24 double chainring configuration demands the use of the climb swith on all sections where I want to put the power down.... a 28-32t 1x drivetrain would definitely suit it better.
    I looked at the leverage ratio in solidworks first and wanted to give linkage a try, it gives a lot of other useful data with minimal effort.

The 24 should give excessive anti squat and the 38 excessive squat, do you feel this pedalling?

Have you done any modifications to the air volume on the ccdb?

mtbr member
    I looked at the leverage ratio in solidworks first and wanted to give linkage a try, it gives a lot of other useful data with minimal effort.

The 24 should give excessive anti squat and the 38 excessive squat, do you feel this pedalling?

Have you done any modifications to the air volume on the ccdb?
    I noticed that the 38t will give some bobbing while riding on hardpack or the road when the Climb switch is "open". Not that much though.
    The 24t will be tested this weekend, but I expect it will be fine during the climbs.

Oh, and I use 2 large volume spacers to create some ramp-up.

Carbon8er
    Chris at real world cycles sells quality main pivot bearings
    REAL WORLD CYCLING AFTERMARKET COMPONENTS, BEARINGS, & SEALS

I replaced the main pivot bearings last July
    Here's my post about that
    036 Chinese Frame Bottom Bracket Pivot bearing replacement

It was easy with a small press I have
    The other bearings were fine.
    They don't take that much abuse

Here's my text notes on the bearings used in the 036 frame that I have
    qty 4 of 6901z - Main Pivot and Top Tube pivot
    qty 4 of 698zz - Rear chain stay and rear shock pivots