Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    No problem. Please don't take what I posted as gospel. I know next to nothing about MTB suspension as well. I just happen to have access to tools that allow me to quickly make pretty pictures

The going rate on an RT3 is $280 (disregard manitoubikes.com, scammers). A Push tuned RT3 is $350. Honestly, you'd be doing your friend a real disservice if you recommend a stock can over the Push'd one. These types of suspension really need a non-linear damping curve to make pedaling efficient.

mtbr member
    Anyone get one yet?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Is it just me?

I have been trying to contact a couple of sellers in China about this frame. Both Hong-fu and ican sports (actually trying to buy a road bike frame as well) I am getting no response via email.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Anybody have any updates on these frames? I noticed a crack in my canzo today so I may be in the market for a new frame and this looks like a great option.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

My buddy just heard back from Jenny Liu

She quoted him $700 frame and $95 shipping. Plus $15 for the headset. He wants some additional stuff and we're trying to get the final order together now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

We just ordered the 036 from ICAN

Order was placed this morning. The frame was $720. Because we combined an order for two frames and other carbon goodies the shipment may not leave China for three weeks. That will give us time to accumulate the necessary parts.

When the frame arrives I will try to weigh it and post some photos.

That is if my wife doesn't kill me for the road frame I ordered.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Did that 720 include a shock?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

No shock

We're ordering a RT3 high tune from Universal with the 15% discount. Shipping and shock put this frame in the $1050 - $1100 range. Squarely with the spearfish and a couple hundred more than a Canzo. It's only a little lighter ( ~100 -150 grams) than a Spearfish, but it has more travel. Other than those two, and bikes direct you probably can't get a fully for that price. It's no VPP or DW link bike, but there are some high zoot bikes out there with a similar suspension design, and if I have learned anything about the Chinese, they can read a geometry chart with the best of them.

This is really an expensive experiment for my buddy. I think the frame is pretty attractive, we'll be building it with a early Reba Race at 100mm, I have no idea how the geometry will work with that fork, and I am pretty sure the fork will be the most flexy part of the build. But if the frame is decent we will probably do some upgrades. Right now he's into this build for some decent coin.

I for one am stoked to see how it will go together. He'll I have a pile of parts in the basement waiting for the right frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    Put this together because I was bored I had to scale some of the pivot dimensions off of the pdf, so this may not be entirely accurate. It appears to have 110mm of travel for a 1.5" shock stroke. I'm not familiar enough with MTB shocks to know which tune would best suit this, but the graph should be enough for someone with knowledge to make a recommendation.
    This graph doesn't make any sense. The wheel travel:shock travel is more/less a straight line. The shock rate is curvy. How are you defining shock rate? It's apparently not the derivative of the blue line because that should be really flat

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    What are the dimensions of the required shock and was the high tune what was suggested or just a guess based on the charts in this thread?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Feldybikes View Post
    This graph doesn't make any sense. The wheel travel:shock travel is more/less a straight line. The shock rate is curvy. How are you defining shock rate? It's apparently not the derivative of the blue line because that should be really flat
    w=wheel travel
    s= shock travel

LR=(w[n+1] - w[n])/(s[n+1]-s[n])

Attached is the raw data. I think the scaling is what is throwing you off. The line isn't completely straight and the overall range of LR is actually pretty small.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    This is the leverage ratio curve I got in Linkage. I also ended up with 110mm of travel for a 38mm shock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-aaa-chinese-2011_levratio.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Thanks for working that through

Thankfully it still looks like a high tune works. If the frame looks good the RT3 may go in for a custom tune from PUSH.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

RE Finny

The high tune was based on the plots in this thread. We just want to get the bike together to see if it's decent. Otherwise I think sending the bike drawing to PUSH might be a better idea.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    On 2011/10/19 I ordered and paid a frame from Hongfubikes. I tried to contact them to get news, but can not be answered: skype, hotmail, email, nothing! are now 4 days. Have you recently had contact? I'm beginning to think badly....

GoCyco
    Nov 2005

Wow

Quote Originally Posted by LoAl View Post
    On 2011/10/19 I ordered and paid a frame from Hongfubikes. I tried to contact them to get news, but can not be answered: skype, hotmail, email, nothing! are now 4 days. Have you recently had contact? I'm beginning to think badly....
    Almost one month with no contact, I'd be worried too. I had very quick feedback with LT on my frame. Hope it works out for you and there is a good explaination for the lack of response.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Let's hope all goes well...I can't believe it's a fraud. Other people have bought from Hongfu and have not complained...

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I finally re-established contact, but I can't even know when they will ship the frame

mtbr member
    I haven't seen a single person say they didn't receive their frame after ordering the hardtail version. My frame took almost 2 months to arrive since I ordered a BB30 version and they didn't have any made at the time.

Just have patience....if you've ordered and paid for a frame it will come.

Uncle

DJ? Comfort bike?

Trying to figure out if I'll see more of these slung over the tailgate of a Chevy or strapped to the back of an RV:
    Eat, ride, eat, rest, repeat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Loonytik View Post
    I haven't seen a single person say they didn't receive their frame after ordering the hardtail version. My frame took almost 2 months to arrive since I ordered a BB30 version and they didn't have any made at the time.

Just have patience....if you've ordered and paid for a frame it will come.
    You're right, but beginning they told me the frame would come in the middle of this month. If they had talked about two months, I would get over it (in italian put the soul in peace!) and waited...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

We ordered on 10/17

We ordered the 036 in matte 3K with BSA and were told three weeks for shipping. This frame is just starting production and my guess is that depending on finish and BB the wait times could be a few weeks.

I think that singleton orders are not really well tracked in the inventory system. Combine that with the incentive to get new sales as opposed to servicing existing orders, means patience is required.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    In the last email they said that the production is a frame a day: as soon as they produce a frame with my requests (size 17.5", UD matte finish, BSA), send it. As you say, a lots of patience is needed...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Anyone receive one of these yet?

I see these have been listed on ebay over the last few days the seller happy_estore, curious if anyone dealt with that seller. They have them listed now at $1020 plus 80 shipping but one sold last week at 640 plus shipping. At $720 shipped I'd really consider buying one of these. I did email the seller to ask some questions so we'll see.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Frame in the house!

The frame arrived yesterday shipped last Tuesday. The finish is top notch it is beautiful. Sadly it arrived without any shock mount hardware. I think I can get some somewhere, the upper and lower are 8mm with 22mm spacing. I suspect I should email janice to see if we were supposed to get hardware.

The frame weighs 2040g and none of the pivots were greased out of the box.
    Here are some photos:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-frame036.jpg  

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-lower-pivot.jpg  

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-upper-pivot.jpg  

Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast