Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 1,901 to 1,989 of 1989
    mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    https://dengfu.en.alibaba.com/produc..._165_38mm.html

Less pricey.
    Geometry is great for modern XC, but i have a doubt on the main pivot location. It seems a bit too low (compared with the new LCFS902 from yishun) so we must expect degraded antisquat with big chainrings...

Carbon8er
    I am not seeing a whole lot of difference between a 036 and the FM06
    I copied and pasted a transparent image of the FM06 on top of the 036 image.

The head angle is different on the FM06
    The rear stay has no pivot on the FM 06

The frame size is a bit larger in the FM06 image but you can move the transparent FM06 image around and line up the BB and fame tubes to do a compare

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-bothframes.pngDual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-036.pngDual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-fm06.png

Formerly of Kent
    I would argue that a 1.5 degree change in HTA and no Pivot near the axle are very significaht changes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    I would argue that a 1.5 degree change in HTA and no Pivot near the axle are very significaht changes.

I'd agree. Not to mention shorter chainstays. The FM06 is clearly more up to date.

Formerly of Kent
    That said, if you're considering paying $1400 on eBay for that frame, just buy a Yeti ASRc on CC/BB for $2200 and get a warranty AND a Fox DPS Factory shock.

Buying a shock for that frame puts you most of the way towards the Yeti, which this frame is clearly trying to replicate.
    Death from Below.

mtbr member
    $1,400 is way too much for a Chinese FS frame. I think that eBay listing is about double what you should be able to find it selling for through places like XMcarbonspeed, Workwell, HungFu, etc. I would expect the price to be closer to $700, like the IP/FM/CS-036 (which is even cheaper these days).

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    the price in Hong Fu its 660 -700 usd

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Has anyone installed a BB30 bottom bracket on the 036 frame?
    Is it actually BB30 (circlips and bearing pressed into BB housing)?
    Or, are they actually PF30 - which uses pressed in cups?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr4fox View Post
    Has anyone installed a BB30 bottom bracket on the 036 frame?
    Is it actually BB30 (circlips and bearing pressed into BB housing)?
    Or, are they actually PF30 - which uses pressed in cups?
    Mine was a normal BB30 with circlips... but PF30 didn't exist back then

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by two-one View Post
    Mine was a normal BB30 with circlips... but PF30 didn't exist back then
    Thanks two-one,

Ever had any creaking/problems with it?

I'm.sure mine must be the same. They said BB30 when I bought it but as I was running Shimano cranks I never bothered to look to see if it had grooves for the circlips or measure the diameter of the housing to confirm.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Ever had any creaking/problems with it?
    Ehmm... i've had to replace the bearings more often than my older hollowtech cranks, but luckily they can be ordered cheaply online (its just a simple 6806-2RS bearing). BB30 sealing is always poorer than modern cups. It also depends on the preloading system. My FSA crank has a preload collar that has to be turned to reduce sideways play.
    One trick is by buying aftermarket enduro seals for BB30 that creates an extra sealing layer, and mount with loads of waterproof grease.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Ehmm... i've had to replace the bearings more often than my older hollowtech cranks, but luckily they can be ordered cheaply online (its just a simple 6806-2RS bearing). BB30 sealing is always poorer than modern cups. It also depends on the preloading system. My FSA crank has a preload collar that has to be turned to reduce sideways play.
    One trick is by buying aftermarket enduro seals for BB30 that creates an extra sealing layer, and mount with loads of waterproof grease.
    Thanks for the tips.

Just ordered a BB30 power2max S-type power meter so guess I'm stuck living with it for a while. Will have to keep an eye on the bearings and maybe a spare pair on hand.
    Cheers

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hi all

Got my main pivot replacement bolt this week from hongfu.Got 3 just incase.
    Thinking about it Hongfu are likely creators of fm036 if those production photos are to be believed. No one else could source replacement bolts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Custom LaMere Boost 148 Rear for HM036

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-20161010_132156-copy.jpgWe just had a Boost 148 custom carbon rear end made for the popular open mould 29er full suspension HM036 (and many other names) frames..... fits 3" tires, we beefed it up made it super stiff and burly with nicer pivot points.
    JP LaMere
    Phone USA: (612) 326-4183
    Web: LaMereCycles.com or Facebook.com/LaMereCycles
    Email: lamerecycles@gmail.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jplamere1 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161010_132156 copy.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	1104305We just had a Boost 148 custom carbon rear end made for the popular open mould 29er full suspension HM036 (and many other names) frames..... fits 3" tires, we beefed it up made it super stiff and burly with nicer pivot points.
    I like it! Looks like it will be a popular choice as 29+ gains popularity.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jplamere1 View Post

Name:	20161010_132156 copy.jpg 
Views:	446 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	1104305We just had a Boost 148 custom carbon rear end made for the popular open mould 29er full suspension HM036 (and many other names) frames..... fits 3" tires, we beefed it up made it super stiff and burly with nicer pivot points.
    What do you mean by nicer pivot points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbon8er
    In order to accommodate 3 inch tires, I am guessing that only the lower chain stay section is what you are talking about replacing on the 036 frames?

The upper section that leads up to the shock pivot is the stock one?

Also, more detail on the nicer pivot point statement?
    Different bearings?

Are you selling the lower section?

We need more detailed info please

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Imo, the upper section looks beafier too and the flex comes from the main pivot, being quite narrow basewise. Same issue with the upper links...
    I'm critical about the custom-Lamere-rear feeling stiffer?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dikkie View Post
    Imo, the upper section looks beafier too and the flex comes from the main pivot, being quite narrow basewise. Same issue with the upper links...
    I'm critical about the custom-Lamere-rear feeling stiffer?
    Possibly Lamere would like to quantify how much the lateral stiffness is improved, possibly by side loading the frame and measuring the amount of deflection, then comparing that to the deflection in the stock -036.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    hey guys,

does anybody has this frame and any experience about the frame?
    What do you think about the geo?
    Thank you very much for your informations.

29er Full Suspension XC Carbon Frame LCFS903-Yishunbike

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Have you guys seen the new one from Peter at XMCarbonspeed?

The FS27 bears resemblance to the new Scott Spark 710 Plus.

Some notable differences though: XMCarbonspeed claims that the bike can only be ran with 275x2.8, no 275x3.0 or 29x2.2 for this bike. This is classic "how close is the copy to the original?" I was really hoping I could run something similar with 275x2.8 most of the time or 29x2.3 for long days.

The other difference is in the chainstay length. Scott has the Spark set at a quite short 428, while XMCarbonspeed is another 10mm at 438.

How a bike with 10mm extra chainstay length can't fit a slightly bigger tire is beyond me, but whatever.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    Same chainstay length, actually. The head tube is a bit shorter on the XM frame, or so it's written. The stack and reach measurements are identical, though, so that may be in error. The two are functionally identical.

mtbr member
    wow, that thing looks identical, except for the headtube... maybe the front triangle was redesigned, and they use a previous mold?

Quote Originally Posted by alexdi View Post
    Same chainstay length, actually.
    Sorry I think I missed that Scott appears to be making two different Spark frames. Check out the differences in geometry between:

Scott Spark 700 Premium

Scott Spark 900 Ultimate

Scott Spark 710 Plus Tuned

Enduro Mag kinda covered these differences in a table at the bottom of this preview.

The tricky part, from what I understand, will be obtaining a shock to fit the FS27, as currently the 165x45 Metric sized shocks are not available aftermarket yet.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

BuckyFullerFan
    Mar 2011

rear brake mount

Wonder how much having the brake mounted on the seatstay will effect performance vs it being a floating mount like on the scott.

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by Blurbikerider View Post
    Wonder how much having the brake mounted on the seatstay will effect performance vs it being a floating mount like on the scott.
    Seeing as it's a one piece rear triangle, I'm guessing it won't matter in the slightest.

Death from Below.

DIYer
    Selling my CS-036 build. Very low mileage. 1600 plus 100 for shipping. You can see a pic of it here. bushcat's CS-036 chinese carbon fs build

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    OMFG!

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...838.0.0.ntkTgN

this frame has same geometry of spark 29 120mm with rear triangle for 27.5+

likes foocking amazing!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    HERE SAYS THAT IT WORKS FOR A 29X2.25 TIRE TOO!
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...580326587.html, But For a more XC ride I think that Denf Fu FM06 with an 120mm 51mm offset Sid, it will rise the BB about 10 mm and will be a rocket on singletrack! Now we have to see how it performs in real life, the flexstays need to work as the original frame that they copied

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Ticho View Post
    HERE SAYS THAT IT WORKS FOR A 29X2.25 TIRE TOO!
    https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...580326587.html, But For a more XC ride I think that Denf Fu FM06 with an 120mm 51mm offset Sid, it will rise the BB about 10 mm and will be a rocket on singletrack! Now we have to see how it performs in real life, the flexstays need to work as the original frame that they copied
    the difference is the rear triangle with more clearance for 27.5+ tires

the pure 29er use 12x142m rear axle, and the 27.5+ version use 12x148mm boost

the geometry is a lot of similar.. but I personality in 27.5+ version

Handmade in Switzerland
    As far as I can see, there is no cable routing for remote rear shock. Or if the cable port on the right side should be for the remote shock, there is no cable routing for a dropper post. It's hard to see on the pictures...

The pictures show a shock with manual lever. But this lever will be damn far down to reach with the trunnion shock mounted upside down.

Also the rear brake cable routing along the top tube is a little bit annoying because the cable will move when the suspension is working. Why not route the brake cable along the down tube the same way the rear derailleur cable routes?

The devil is always in the datails. But the frame is very interesting...

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    I see three holes in front of the frame, but only two exit holes. I assume one of the entry holes is intended for an internal dropper?

This frame should have pretty decent anti-squat figures. Given that it's very much a trail bike, I don't think I'd miss a rear lockout.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by bushcat View Post
    Selling my CS-036 build. Very low mileage. 1600 plus 100 for shipping. You can see a pic of it here. bushcat's CS-036 chinese carbon fs build

Pm sent

mtbr member
    Jun 2016
    If anybody needs derailleur hangers for a CS-036, give me a shout. I've got three of them, two new. $20 shipped for all of them.
    Last edited by alexdi; 02-01-2017 at 09:17 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    If anyone is getting ready to sell there 036 frameset, let me know! I'm in need of a size large frame

Here's something interesting:

The Miracle FS029 XC 29er on Alibaba is listed as a 100mm rear travel with 12x142 rear axle. It says it's max tire is 29x2.25 which sounds a lot like the 2017 Spark RC.

The Miracle FS027 650B Plus is listed as 120mm rear travel with a 12x148 rear axle and 275x2.8 max tire. Which sounds a lot like the 2017 Spark 700 Plus. The Scott can fit a 29x2.35 tire or larger, but we're not sure whether the Chinese version can.

The geometry charts are identical for the Alibaba Miracle bikes, which is not the case with the Sparks, which have quite few differences between models.

This is one of those situations where I wish Peter at Xiamen Carbon Speed or another reseller would just send us the CAD drawings so we could determine exactly how much tire clearance we have.

Or someone can just buy one and see if they can't fit a 29x2.35 in the rear triangle.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

There's always next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesrg View Post
    I grabbed this picture (below). Really hoping its not showing the brake line (top line in red) because I feel like it would be terrible everytime the suspension compresses...
    Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-brakeline.jpg

I doubt the Scott 'orginal' runs the brake line the same way.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Hey guys checked my thread i got the first frame...

Miracle F029 Race/Trail Fully 2017 Aufbau | Seite 2 | MTB-News.de

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefan1982 View Post
    I grabbed this picture (below). Really hoping its not showing the brake line (top line in red) because I feel like it would be terrible everytime the suspension compresses...

Name:	brakeline.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	1125028

The Scott runs the brake cable in frame and then under the bottom bracket.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefan1982 View Post

Name:	brakeline.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	30.1 KB 
ID:	1125028

Thanks for noting. This is just plain stupid design.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Deihlos View Post

I searched for Brakes after translating your german forum and found no info. How are you going to run the brake line ?

Carbon8er
    Are you sure the brake line runs up top?
    I can't see the image details very well, but I see some sort of a nub on the frame just to the left of the BB

Formerly of Kent
    Quote Originally Posted by Deihlos View Post

What is the head tube angle of your bike?

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by El34 View Post
    Are you sure the brake line runs up top?
    I can't see the image details very well, but I see some sort of a nub on the frame just to the left of the BB
    http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/attachm...44-jpg.582010/
    Yes it does. Given the finish that the chinese usually use on the brake gromets/holes I don't think the cable will last long unless extra care is applied to maintain it.

Formerly of Kent
    Anyone else ordered one of these Scott Spark lookalike frames yet? Any actual measurements? HTA, reach, BB, STA?

Seems Deihlos was one and done here...

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    The F029's front end looks pretty slack. Very interesting frame.

Deihlos's bike looks pretty good. I really like the straight lines on the frame. Hope he don't mind me posting his bike.
    Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-f029.jpg

Looking for more feedback on the M-108 also.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post

Deihlos's bike looks pretty good. I really like the straight lines on the frame. Hope he don't mind me posting his bike.

Name:	F029.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	80.7 KB 
ID:	1125951

I really like the bike.
    But it's hard for me to swallow this brake line.
    That's whats holding me from ordering this frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesrg View Post
    I really like the bike.
    But it's hard for me to swallow this brake line.
    That's whats holding me from ordering this frame.
    Send them an email and see what they say. From my own experiences...the frame will not be made till you order the frame. I'm not sure what would involve making the change in the molds for cable routing...but if they're the manufacturer and some bad routing is involved...who knows they might make the change. It's just that the frame is pretty new and chances are nobody has brought the hose routing to their attention. Manufacturers do make running changes as time goes on. The 057 and 062 have both seen improvements since they first came out.

Formerly of Kent
    I'm still looking for a 120mm frame, 67-68į with a 120mm fork. 2016 Fuel EX or Scott Spark 900 like geometry.

Found this, which lacks ABP but looks very similar to the Fuel:

https://f2rq3.app.goo.gl/?link=https...3451073&amv=69

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Send them an email and see what they say. From my own experiences...the frame will not be made till you order the frame. I'm not sure what would involve making the change in the molds for cable routing...but if they're the manufacturer and some bad routing is involved...who knows they might make the change. It's just that the frame is pretty new and chances are nobody has brought the hose routing to their attention. Manufacturers do make running changes as time goes on. The 057 and 062 have both seen improvements since they first came out.
    Haven't heard of any Chinese mtb seller that would modify anything on the frame on customers request.

Another issue is the rear brake mount. As the seatstay will flex that will cause braking issues.

https://dfp2hfrf3mn0u.cloudfront.net...rint_pdf_1.pdf
    See this document from Scott explains that they use a special mount for the rear disc caliper, disconnected from the seatstay.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012

XX1 Eagle black 38T

Heya'll, loong time no post. How is everybody doing?

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-20170311_002313.jpg

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-20170311_002339_.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    Hello, about the Miracle FS029 29er frame, could it use a Front Derailleur? Which type? Or it is only for 1x drivetrain? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017

I'm guessing he bought from Miracle bike?

Not sure if the FC29 is ready yet from other suppliers, but I emailed Peter at xm carbon speed about the 650B model and he said "Sorry we are still improving our CS-FS27 frame design and we haven't sold this frame so far.". So no FC27 just yet, can't comment on the 29er.

I don't know if that means they think there's some weakness in the frame they have to resolve before they sell it. Or perhaps they got the mould later and are just testing it still.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Veco View Post
    I'm guessing he bought from Miracle bike?

Not sure if the FC29 is ready yet from other suppliers, but I emailed Peter at xm carbon speed about the 650B model and he said "Sorry we are still improving our CS-FS27 frame design and we haven't sold this frame so far.". So no FC27 just yet, can't comment on the 29er.

I don't know if that means they think there's some weakness in the frame they have to resolve before they sell it. Or perhaps they got the mould later and are just testing it still.
    Quick view and you will notice:
    1 - Look at the seatstay and brake mount. The seatstay flexes with the shock travel. So try to brake and go over bumps.
    2 - Look at the cable routing, the rear brake goes through the top tube to the seatstay. The frame flexes and your brake cables will have to flex excessively when compared to cables that run down through the bb

There might be more issues , those are the ones blocking me from ordering this type of frame without major re-engineering.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ypocat View Post
    Heya'll, loong time no post. How is everybody doing?

Name:	20170311_002313.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	103.0 KB 
ID:	1126250

Name:	20170311_002339_.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	1126251
    Beautiful setup. What drivetrain did you had before ? Do you ride in flatland ? 38T is huge. Don't all this big rings add weight ?

mtbr member
    where can I get this frame and how much I am not able to google it...
    thx love the lines

mtbr member
    Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-27-5-plus-full-suspension-carbon-fiber.jpg

Hey guys- This is by far the best looking frame to come out of the carbon farms in China.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Creep Tonight View Post

Name:	27-5-Plus-Full-Suspension-Carbon-Fiber.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	62.6 KB 
ID:	1134818

Hey guys- This is by far the best looking frame to come out of the carbon farms in China.
    Do you have any more info on this one? It looks different from a lot of the import frames!

mtbr member
    Definitely the best of the them. aesthetically at least.
    Well, the rep did not reply on the price but she said it takes 200x51 rear shocks (140 travel), and it's best with 140 travel fork.

boost spaced too.

update ****

USD 750/piece FOB Shanghai.
    The freight is USD 150/piece by air.

that's expensive.

mtbr member
    Mar 2016

Yishun LCFS902

I recently got a Yishun LCFS902 frame 20.5" frame.
    I had a quick look at the kinematics using the Linkage X3 (demo only-sorry linkage) if it is of interest to anyone. 28t chainring driving 46t rear at sag is shown in the screenshot. Ignore the specialized epic labels, the demo wont allow file name changes.
    Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-yishun-lcfs902-140mm-fork-sag_accurate-28-46t.jpg
    Anti squat is above 100% for the lowest gears, suggesting good climbing. This appears to be the case riding it also, though if you run a 32 or 34 front ring this will reduce slightly.

The linkage curve is ~10% regressive between zero and full travel, so reducing air spring positive chamber volume is beneficial to gain some rear wheel travel progressiveness.

Geometry wise it seems good.

Rear lateral stiffness seems quite low. Being quite light ~65kg, I don't notice it a lot, however if you are heavier/powerful I suspect it would be quite flexy.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015

Does anyone know what kind of rear shock he got? I am looking at the 27.5+ version and it seems to require a metric shock with a trunnion mount.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    I was looking at the same bike. I could be wrong but I think the shock length and stroke are available

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleMtnSlayer View Post
    I was looking at the same bike. I could be wrong but I think the shock length and stroke are available
    But not with a trunnion mount. It is a the moment a custom fox nude shock not for sale the public.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    At the moment I am chatting with a rep who says they can buy the shock in china. I am waiting for a reply on price.
    The Miracle Bike version I got a quoted price of 699$ for the frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Oops I didn't finish my thought. You're right, I was going to say you can run an English one with hardware that fits the trunnion mount.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    But let us know what you find. Fwiw I also remember there are two versions of this bike: a plus compatible and a non-plus compatible.

mtbr member
    Jan 2015
    Oops I didn't finish my thought. You're right, I was going to say you can run an English one with hardware that fits the trunnion mount.
    Upon closer inspection the shock pictured on the frame isn't using trunnion mount as far as I can tell. I also got another quote from miraclebike for $679 shipped to usa.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Wrong thread
    OG Ripley v2
    Mojo 3- For Sale
    Carver 420 TI

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sine waiver View Post
    I had a quick look at the kinematics using the Linkage X3 (demo only-sorry linkage) if it is of interest to anyone. 28t chainring driving 46t rear at sag is shown in the screenshot. Ignore the specialized epic labels, the demo wont allow file name changes.

Name:	Yishun lcfs902 140mm fork at sag_accurate 28 46t.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	1136502
    Anti squat is above 100% for the lowest gears, suggesting good climbing. This appears to be the case riding it also, though if you run a 32 or 34 front ring this will reduce slightly.

The linkage curve is ~10% regressive between zero and full travel, so reducing air spring positive chamber volume is beneficial to gain some rear wheel travel progressiveness.

Rear lateral stiffness seems quite low. Being quite light ~65kg, I don't notice it a lot, however if you are heavier/powerful I suspect it would be quite flexy.
    Interesting app. It would be interesting to run it on some new frames like the M06 and the FM098

mtbr member
    not listed on their site ???

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Hongfu FM058

Do you know this new frame ?

Shenzhen Hongfu Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-1-1f302151u82.jpg

mtbr member
    I want to see that frame with an actual rear shock.Looks a bit tight on the upper mount area.

mtbr member

Name:	Yishun lcfs902 140mm fork at sag_accurate 28 46t.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	1136502

Yeah, I calculated similar leverage ratio numbers in my own application. I bought the frame, and i'm running it with a Cane Creek DBInline shock. So far so good, but the current 38/24 double chainring configuration demands the use of the climb swith on all sections where I want to put the power down.... a 28-32t 1x drivetrain would definitely suit it better.

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    Hey folks,
    Anyone know what size suspension bearings the 036 frame needs?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    Yeah, I calculated similar leverage ratio numbers in my own application. I bought the frame, and i'm running it with a Cane Creek DBInline shock. So far so good, but the current 38/24 double chainring configuration demands the use of the climb swith on all sections where I want to put the power down.... a 28-32t 1x drivetrain would definitely suit it better.
    I looked at the leverage ratio in solidworks first and wanted to give linkage a try, it gives a lot of other useful data with minimal effort.

The 24 should give excessive anti squat and the 38 excessive squat, do you feel this pedalling?

Have you done any modifications to the air volume on the ccdb?

mtbr member
    I looked at the leverage ratio in solidworks first and wanted to give linkage a try, it gives a lot of other useful data with minimal effort.

The 24 should give excessive anti squat and the 38 excessive squat, do you feel this pedalling?

Have you done any modifications to the air volume on the ccdb?
    I noticed that the 38t will give some bobbing while riding on hardpack or the road when the Climb switch is "open". Not that much though.
    The 24t will be tested this weekend, but I expect it will be fine during the climbs.

Oh, and I use 2 large volume spacers to create some ramp-up.

Carbon8er
    Hey folks,
    Anyone know what size suspension bearings the 036 frame needs?
    Chris at real world cycles sells quality main pivot bearings
    REAL WORLD CYCLING AFTERMARKET COMPONENTS, BEARINGS, & SEALS

I replaced the main pivot bearings last July
    Here's my post about that
    036 Chinese Frame Bottom Bracket Pivot bearing replacement

It was easy with a small press I have
    The other bearings were fine.
    They don't take that much abuse

Here's my text notes on the bearings used in the 036 frame that I have
    qty 4 of 6901z - Main Pivot and Top Tube pivot
    qty 4 of 698zz - Rear chain stay and rear shock pivots

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Finally got my M06 together.

XX1
    SID RTC3
    Monarch RT3 high tune
    XTR brakes
    DT Swiss 240 hubs
    Light Bicycle rims

23 pounds exactly.

First ride today. Very nice XC geometry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-m06-build.jpg  

Formerly of Kent
    Looks more and more like the ASRc every time I see it.

Death from Below.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    how the suspension and brakes feel? any unwanted bob?

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    All feels very solid and predictable. The shocks I'm running have a good platform control so that's probably part of the stability. It feels very similar to my hard tail with just that bit of extra cush. Handles great!

I've already swapped out the stem for a shorter one and mounted a set-back post. Puts me about an inch further back. That's more preference than anything but it's the position I like.

This is my fifth Chinese carbon build (three are mine and two I built for friends). Went together very easily with no surprises. Now to put it through a season and see how it holds up.
    Last edited by grgogo; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:21 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I've been looking into getting a carbon frame this summer. I current rise a 2015 Trek Fuel EX 8, 29er. Which chinese frame will allow me to transfer as much of my existing parts as possible? Also, I'm fairly heavy at 220 pounds. M

At $2999, the Fezzari Timp Peak NX1 is a great deal for those looking at a carbon framed 275 Enduro bike with a decent build kit. If you need a complete bike and you want to stick with new parts, I'm not quite sure how likely you could beat this total price with a Chinese Full-Suspension option.

The other advantage is that Fezzari is probably far more likely to be easy to work with for warranty related issues that some of the Chinese retailers.

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-fezzari-timp-peak-nx1-build-sub-3k-4.jpg

The FM078 at Hong Fu looks very similar to the Scott Spark copy F029, but perhaps with revised cable routing?

It's also got the brake on the chainstay rather than the seat stay, which is an improvement.

Oddly enough I can't find the ZGL frames anymore on AliExpress or Alibaba.

Really like the design of this one: TWFM125

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHeller View Post
    At $2999, the Fezzari Timp Peak NX1 is a great deal for those looking at a carbon framed 275 Enduro bike with a decent build kit. If you need a complete bike and you want to stick with new parts, I'm not quite sure how likely you could beat this total price with a Chinese Full-Suspension option.

The other advantage is that Fezzari is probably far more likely to be easy to work with for warranty related issues that some of the Chinese retailers.

Where are you getting the $2,999 price? When I checked the Fezzari website, that build MSRP is $3,999.

mtbr member
    Jul 2016

Just purchased the LCFS904

Planning to build with IRD in the front and rear. Ordered from Mickey $650 for frame and $20 for extra set of bearings and pivot bolts.

mtbr member
    May 2017
    I have an old 26 hardtail Trek 4300 I built up and a Trek Cobia 29er hardtail stock I've been riding. I'd like to build a 29. I ride 95% of the time on trails in the woods. Quite a bit of climbing but I am not on a mountain so I'd say 50/50 climb and downhill. Mostly technical but single track. Lots of roots, sections with quite a few rocks and things like that. What frame should I be looking at for FS to build? I ride a fairly low skill set, my bunny hop is an excellent 2 inches off the ground and I can manual easily 2 inches haha. So I suck is what I am saying. It's not uncommon for me to nail the chain ring on something I am climbing over or attempting too. Between XC and Trail bikes I've been going a bit in circles. So any suggestions on what frame type and why I should be eyeballing it? This will be my first complete build from scratch. Not afraid to take some risk on a new frame so long as it makes sense. If it matters, I am 5'7 195lbs. 30 inch inseam. Thanks everyone!!!

mtbr member

Just built

Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-img_1135.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by cale399 View Post
    not listed on their site ???

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920