Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Any information when the other size frames will be avail?

mtbr member
    This looks sweet... Might tide me over until the Scalpel arrives.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Price for a qty. Of 10 is 650 per plus 120 shipping for each. Thought you all should know that there is a bulk discount. Unless... anyone else get a quote yet? I remember the shipping on my hardtail being cheaper. Anyone get a differentko quote for shipping?

Superflying on Haven
    Not such a good deal at $800.
    A Superfly 100 chainstay is $700... $800 is a joke... and a threat to your life...

mtbr member
    Haha, that's hilarious. Trek would never overcharge on spare parts would they!!!!

removing nudity
    Quote Originally Posted by rularn View Post
    Any information when the other size frames will be avail?
    "next month" was Jenny's response, and that was one of the few questions she answered

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vierzwanzig View Post
    They only have 17.5 avalible right now, and none of my questions that were specific to this frame were answered. She then asks me how many I would be interested in.
    There is no frame available yet, no geometry and no other specs. At present this is purely an exercise in gauging interest to see if it is worthwhile to design and manufacture.

Rigid in Evergreen
    Quote Originally Posted by Menzo View Post
    A Superfly 100 chainstay is $700... $800 is a joke... and a threat to your life...
    To be fair, I haven't heard of anyone getting injured when their frame cracks, so calling the Superfly a "threat to your life" might be a bit over the top.

removing nudity
    Quote Originally Posted by topmounter View Post
    To be fair, I haven't heard of anyone getting injured when their frame cracks, so calling the Superfly a "threat to your life" might be a bit over the top.
    I think the point that Menzo is making is that with Trek charging $700 for a chain stay, $800 is cheap for a complete frame and probably so cheap that the quality will be questionable and possibly life threatening should you have a catastrophic failure of the $800 frame.

FIRENZE rulez !!
    someone asked if UD finish is available soon ?

small member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tumble_downs View Post
    Can anyone with a good knowledge of shock specs explain the influence of stroke on travel? It's easy to find a shock which is 165mm eye to eye, but stroke (travel?) differs from 37.5- 50mm. Presumably a longer stroke means longer travel, but it must depend on frame geometry. Am I on the right track?
    I'm not aware of any 165mm shock with a stroke different from 37.5.Care to enlighten me?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    It certainly LOOKS very good!

mtbr member
    29er full suspension carbon frame products, buy 29er full suspension carbon frame products from alibaba.com

Looks like the head tube angle is 71 wonder what this frame would be like with a 120mm fork? Anyone able to tell from the diagram above what the stand over is on this? I do find it interesting now that they offer a 2year warranty on the frame.

Couple more pics

[IMG]

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    bump...

mtbr member
    Well, the frame is "designed" with a 120mm vork in mind. It seems very "inspired" by the Specialized Epic construction.

But do not forget:
    1. You need a Shock with the correct Compression- and Reboundtune.
    2. The pivotbearings are quite unknown.
    3. There is no through-axle in the rear triangle, which will probably lead to a flexy rear-end.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I thought the same thing about the Epic inspiration when I saw the drawing since I ride one.

mtbr member
    If the 29er frame I'm getting in a week or so is up to par I'll order one of these and build it up too.

mtbr member
    I'm watching this close too I think this would be a fun build. BUT it's a hard sell compared to what a spearfish built costs that weighs the same.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Looking for some shock advice

I have a compadre looking at this frame as a winter project/experiment. We're looking at using an rt3. Does anyone have an idea about which tune would be optimal? Is it based on rider weight, or does frame leverage play a role? My prior would be to go with a mid-tune.

TIA

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    It's selected based on the leverage ratio of the frame. You'll have figure out the leverage ratio and then talk to SRAM about which one would work best. Personally, I'd ask Push if they can sort out a correct custom tune off of the drawing (I would imagine "yes"). The cost of a custom RT3 through Push is pretty reasonable. I'm also of the opinion that the shock completely makes or breaks the performance of a faux bar frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Put this together because I was bored I had to scale some of the pivot dimensions off of the pdf, so this may not be entirely accurate. It appears to have 110mm of travel for a 1.5" shock stroke. I'm not familiar enough with MTB shocks to know which tune would best suit this, but the graph should be enough for someone with knowledge to make a recommendation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-hongfu.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

This may help

This chart has been posted elsewhere

I read the data off the plot and put together the leverage ratio v wheel travel plot.

It seems as if this is a falling rate shock. I'm not sure how to determine the leverage ratio to use for selecting the tune, but a somewhat educated guess is that it would be the y-intercept of the plot. In this case 2.5. If that's correct then we're looking at a rt3 mid-tune.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dual Suspension Chinese Carbon  29er-leveragevtravel.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Thanks for posting that. I'm guessing you'd want to pick a tune based on the average leverage ratio more so than the zero intercept of the line. This frame will have a leverage ratio of 3 at 35% stroke, which is where your suspension will be spending most of its time. I would think it to be firmly in the "C" category based on that line of thinking.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Thanks car-nut I needed that info

I am far from a suspension expert. I'm just trying to spec the build for my buddy.

Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast