mtbr member

Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde (New Titus Build with weight)

Post your setup......I would love to see everyone elses Dr Jeykll and Mr Hyde bikes. "Different Horses for Different Coarses" - Here is my duo

First off is Dr Jekyll, my first 29er ride. Great bike with great stability, smooth confident ride and good accelaration with the lower weight. Complaints are few and far between but steering is a tad slow for me and endurance races with lots of climbing are a bit hard on the body.

Next up is Mr Hyde. Just finish building her up in prep for this years Mohican 100. Steering is a little quicker than the Jabber and feels spot on for me. Rear end is nice and stiff. Traction is increadible even with the crow rear. Downside? Well I can feel the extra 3 pounds over the single speed and standover is on the tall side.

Apologies for the blury cell phone pic

Last edited by auditunerb5; 03-06-2009 at 08:59 AM.

workin' it Administrator
    dang those are feathery. Good job. Full blackout on the Jabber looks a-ok.
    Try this: HTFU

mtbr member
    A 24 pound FS 29er is nothing to sneeze at. Damn! Nice!

mtbr member

Business and play.

Pic one- Business 18.5lbs "Mr. Hyde"

Pic two- Play 27lbs "Dr.Jekyll" AKA the Monster Truck

Pic three- Inbetween 20lbs(with lights and saddle bag) No coasting option. Plain old Fun

All 700c. All 42c or larger tires. I like big wheels. The Litespeed is an old 26" frame. I got about an inch of clearance between the tire and the chainstay bridge with the ENO clocked all the way back. Running a 35/17-19. Tire just barely clears the bridge with the 19. I got it setup with a Surly Dingle cog. It is my go to bike in my stable. Goes anywhere and does anything.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Very nice, my large RX29er tipped the scales at a tad over 27#. 24# is amazing. Your build looks solid, without getting silly $$$ and flimsy WW.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ia_ss157
    Pic one- Business 18.5lbs "Mr. Hyde"

Pic two- Play 27lbs "Dr.Jekyll" AKA the Monster Truck

Pic three- Inbetween 20lbs(with lights and saddle bag) No coasting option. Plain old Fun

All 700c. All 42c or larger tires. I like big wheels. The Litespeed is an old 26" frame. I got about an inch of clearance between the tire and the chainstay bridge with the ENO clocked all the way back. Running a 35/17-19. Tire just barely clears the bridge with the 19. I got it setup with a Surly Dingle cog. It is my go to bike in my stable. Goes anywhere and does anything.

ia_ss157 that SF looks like a hill crusher. You should have fun climbing with that bad boy. I like the Litespeed conversion........everyone needs an all arounder

mtbr member
    murphyd, MMcG, and Crusher thanks for compliments. Here is the build list:

Titus Racer X 29er including seatpost clamp and shock 2948
    Stans 355 w DT240s Rev spokes Alu nipples rim tape 1580
    Schwable RR 2.25 580
    Stans Crow 29er 470
    Fox F29 100mm Fork 1715
    kcnc Skewers 50
    Phenom SL saddle 195
    ESI grips 51
    CB Eggbeaters SL 270
    SRAM X9 RD Med cage 237
    XT Crankset and BB 850
    XT Rear Cassette 11-32 250
    XT FD Top PUll 140
    Thomson Elite 30.9 350mm 250
    Chain 300
    RaceFace Stem 135
    Salsa Carbon riser Bar 25.44mm 140
    Avid Ultimate Juicy 160mm rotors 680
    Misc 100
    XO Shorty Shifter 210
    CB Headset 65 (This one looks like crap on the Titus )

mtbr member

Back at you

auditunerb5: Your bikes look pretty sweet as well. I especially like the Titus. I have been looking around for a good FS frame to put my parts on from the Dillinger for summer usage. The wheels on the Fly are King geared wheels on Aches which would knock off pounds from the Dillinger's weight. I also have the Fox fork from the SF just laying around for a rainy day 29er HT/FS project.

Vassago was going to be my other possible race/business ride this year, but I lucked out and scored the Fly.

Meat Clever
    [SIZE="2"]you suck[/SIZE]. [SIZE="1"]just jealousy: my SS rigid steel bike weighs 26 pounds...[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaEps View Post
    A little bit of pee just trickled out of my pipi when I saw that.

mtbr member

Hey Auditunerb5,

Good stuff bro I love the titus..And truth be told it was your Vassago JW that made me buy mine..Still one of the best looking VJW's to date..Nice thread GREAT BIKES...CF.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Nice build list. I see most of my 3#'s. Large frame, arches/DT240, juicy 7, Reba race, x9 triggers, tubless crossmarks, salsa skewers, the rest is scarry similar. No wonder I liked the look of your bike.

HTFU and Ride
    sweet thread

sick bikes

love that SSFly!
    Winter is coming.

all about the all about

crap for pics but...

Two sets of fraternal twins
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .. If I see this bike on display with those GT bars, I am bringing my hacksaw!!

Expert Crasher
    I don't remember which one was Jekyll and which one was Hyde - won't stop me from shameless pic posting of my 29ers.

Newly acquired off-season strengthening tool - must resist urge to shave legs.

Communal living for all the 29"/700cc bikes. All 26" bikes are behind the gray rubbermaid tool shed.

Last edited by GreenLightGo; 03-08-2009 at 01:17 PM.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

all about the all about
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo
    I don't remember which one was Jekyll and which one was Hyde - won't stop me from shameless pic posting of my 29ers.
    GLG-Both of those bikes look sweet, I love the polished bits on the monkey to contrast the black.

Expert Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Om Flyer
    GLG-Both of those bikes look sweet, I love the polished bits on the monkey to contrast the black.
    Thanks. I was pleasantly surprised that the Surly Constrictor that came with the frame was the stainless steel version. It's Teamdicky approved . Headset is a pewter King - this is the 3d bike it's been on, looks good next to the black. My personal favorite is the white Jagwire Ripcord setup though. I really like working with the Jagwire cable kits.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Om Flyer
    Two sets of fraternal twins

Nice stable.....now that's what I'm talkin about.

all about the all about
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLightGo

Communal living for all the 29"/700cc bikes. All 26" bikes are behind the gray rubbermaid tool shed.

Great stable, Is that an El Mar in tomatilla?