mtbr member
    Jan 2009

Does Bontrager use DT Swiss 240 Hubs?

I recently purchased a 29er with Bontrager X Lite tubeless ready wheels. I was told that the hubs are the DT Swiss 240 hubs. I know that in the past Bontrager used DT Swiss. Can anyone confirm this is still the case?
    Thx

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinedc
    I recently purchased a 29er with Bontrager X Lite tubeless ready wheels. I was told that the hubs are the DT Swiss 240 hubs. I know that in the past Bontrager used DT Swiss. Can anyone confirm this is still the case?
    Thx
    for 08 yes, for 09 no

Harmonius Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by peabody
    for 08 yes, for 09 no
    Check this out for more details: http://twentynineinches.com/2008/08/...ws-and-rumors/
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

Blog
    RidingGravel.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Slightly off topic, but is that Bontrager XR1 tire shown on your website available now? Me likey.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

banned
    I wonder what DT hubs Bonty is going on about. Those hubs are pawls, DT uses the Star Ratchets, except for in the lower Onyx/entry series, so they might not be stating clearly what level hubs they're talking about.

...unless DT was making a pawl hub, deviating from their high end Star Ratchets for these apps.

Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicmtbr
    Slightly off topic, but is that Bontrager XR1 tire shown on your website available now? Me likey.
    Yup. Available in a 29x1.9 Expert and Team Issue. Probably looking at $40 for the Expert and $50 for the Team Issue. In case you're curious, it's also available in a 26x2.0 and 26x2.2 Expert and Team Issue for similar prices.
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

giddy up!
    The 2008 Race X Lite wheels utilize hubs that are manufactured by DT....they use the same freehub, pawls and endcaps. The shell is slightly different from the 240 on the disc flange but that's about it.

B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    That three paw block almost looks like the insides of a Hadley, except it looks like it's phenolic plastic or something instead of steel or titanium.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Could i convert to thru axles?

Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    for 08 yes, for 09 no

reviving an old thread for a question... I'm looking at an 08 set of Race X lite wheels, hubs clearly marked as DT Swiss... both are set up for standard QR (it was 2008)...

So can I convert these hubs to 15qr front and 142x12 rear? IE, are these DT240s hubs or older design DT240?

Thanks for insight!

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    reviving an old thread for a question... I'm looking at an 08 set of Race X lite wheels, hubs clearly marked as DT Swiss... both are set up for standard QR (it was 2008)...

So can I convert these hubs to 15qr front and 142x12 rear? IE, are these DT240s hubs or older design DT240?

Thanks for insight!
    Front = no. QR or 9mm only.

Rear = yes*.

If it is indeed a rebadged 240-based hub, current end caps will likely be replaceable with new 12 x 142 end caps.

If it is the cheaper Onyx-based hub, nope.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Thanks Mike!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    Thanks Mike!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Let me know what you find out about that aftermarket front conversion. Good to know about the rear! I will pop off the end caps tomorrow and take a look.