Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3

    Does Bontrager use DT Swiss 240 Hubs?

    I recently purchased a 29er with Bontrager X Lite tubeless ready wheels. I was told that the hubs are the DT Swiss 240 hubs. I know that in the past Bontrager used DT Swiss. Can anyone confirm this is still the case?
    Thx

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    875
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinedc
    I recently purchased a 29er with Bontrager X Lite tubeless ready wheels. I was told that the hubs are the DT Swiss 240 hubs. I know that in the past Bontrager used DT Swiss. Can anyone confirm this is still the case?
    Thx
    for 08 yes, for 09 no

  3. #3
    Harmonius Wrench
    Reputation: Guitar Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,112
    Quote Originally Posted by peabody
    for 08 yes, for 09 no
    Check this out for more details: http://twentynineinches.com/2008/08/...ws-and-rumors/
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

    Blog
    RidingGravel.com

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,282
    Slightly off topic, but is that Bontrager XR1 tire shown on your website available now? Me likey.
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

  5. #5
    banned
    Reputation: Jerk_Chicken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16,480
    I wonder what DT hubs Bonty is going on about. Those hubs are pawls, DT uses the Star Ratchets, except for in the lower Onyx/entry series, so they might not be stating clearly what level hubs they're talking about.

    ...unless DT was making a pawl hub, deviating from their high end Star Ratchets for these apps.

  6. #6
    Lionel Hutz, Esq.
    Reputation: Thirdrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    545
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicmtbr
    Slightly off topic, but is that Bontrager XR1 tire shown on your website available now? Me likey.
    Yup. Available in a 29x1.9 Expert and Team Issue. Probably looking at $40 for the Expert and $50 for the Team Issue. In case you're curious, it's also available in a 26x2.0 and 26x2.2 Expert and Team Issue for similar prices.
    2007 Trek Fuel EX 8
    1999 Trek 7000 --- Dragonfly Green = Sexy
    2002 Trek 2100
    2008 Felt New Belgium Cruiser

  7. #7
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,242
    The 2008 Race X Lite wheels utilize hubs that are manufactured by DT....they use the same freehub, pawls and endcaps. The shell is slightly different from the 240 on the disc flange but that's about it.

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  8. #8
    Flaccid Member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    8,041
    That three paw block almost looks like the insides of a Hadley, except it looks like it's phenolic plastic or something instead of steel or titanium.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    736

    Could i convert to thru axles?

    Quote Originally Posted by peabody View Post
    for 08 yes, for 09 no

    reviving an old thread for a question... I'm looking at an 08 set of Race X lite wheels, hubs clearly marked as DT Swiss... both are set up for standard QR (it was 2008)...

    So can I convert these hubs to 15qr front and 142x12 rear? IE, are these DT240s hubs or older design DT240?

    Thanks for insight!

  10. #10
    This place needs an enema
    Reputation: mikesee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,181
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    reviving an old thread for a question... I'm looking at an 08 set of Race X lite wheels, hubs clearly marked as DT Swiss... both are set up for standard QR (it was 2008)...

    So can I convert these hubs to 15qr front and 142x12 rear? IE, are these DT240s hubs or older design DT240?

    Thanks for insight!
    Front = no. QR or 9mm only.

    Rear = yes*.

    If it is indeed a rebadged 240-based hub, current end caps will likely be replaceable with new 12 x 142 end caps.

    If it is the cheaper Onyx-based hub, nope.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    736
    Thanks Mike!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by rfxc View Post
    Thanks Mike!

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Let me know what you find out about that aftermarket front conversion. Good to know about the rear! I will pop off the end caps tomorrow and take a look.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •