Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009

... and if we just ... DingDingDing! Canfield comes out Yelling & Screaming w/something stiff, black & shiny

Round 1

Round 2

And the winner is...

I just want to say thank you to Canfield and more specific, Sean G. I had the frame within the same week i called it in. Excellent Customer service. Thank you

Also, send me over the Nimble 9 protype once they are available. i'd be happy to give it some love

And i was able to keep my gear ratio with no chain tensioner and i was also able to use a no stretch BMX chain.

I had to get a new seat post and seat post collar

Gorgeous day to give the bike some beating.

Cheesiest
    Killer looking bike! I've been contemplating one, too. Is your bashguard custom?

banned
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    Nice ride

mtbr member
    You sure love your shiny bike parts.

Is that the semi-polished or black chrome frame?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Solid looking bike and build. Well done Sir!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    So.....how many days until this one breaks?

FM
    luxatio erecta
    That is awesome (and not surprising) that they took care of you.
    I love steel, but for really aggressive riding the yelli seems like a much better choice than the N9.

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    It is the black chrome. I like the color, it's very similar to a darker TI frame.

Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    You sure love your shiny bike parts.

Is that the semi-polished or black chrome frame?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FM View Post
    That is awesome (and not surprising) that they took care of you.
    I love steel, but for really aggressive riding the yelli seems like a much better choice than the N9.
    I think you can build a much stiffer stronger bike than you can with the nimble9 frame.
    The Yelli is built super burly, and can fit the new breed of 140mm forks with tapered steerers. It also can accept most dropper posts. Add a set of wide/strong wheels and serious rubber and you have a super capable mountain bike that can keep up on all day epics with any crosscountry/trail/allmountain/lightgravity setup. It's silly the lines I try to hit with this bike and it somehow comes out on the other end with me still on top of it.

MTB B'dos
    Good for you and good on Canfield. So according to this, Canfield is saying the Yelli will take some serious punishment in it's current iteration, but not the Nimble, interesting
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

Canfield Brothers
    Scott, that thing looks GREAT! You have one of four Black Chrome Smalls... and your build suits it very well!!!

Enjoy it!

NedwannaB
    Saw-wheat!
    Wait,who did he tell you that?....

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    I suppose, it is somewhat custom.

Quote Originally Posted by intheways View Post
    Killer looking bike! I've been contemplating one, too. Is your bashguard custom?

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Good for you and good on Canfield. So according to this, Canfield is saying the Yelli will take some serious punishment in it's current iteration, but not the Nimble, interesting
    Well, one of them has a tapered HT, very fat tubes, a joint between the TT and the DT, and a DT gusset. The other does not. I don't think they were hiding anything.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Well, one of them has a tapered HT, very fat tubes, a joint between the TT and the DT, and a DT gusset. The other does not. I don't think they were hiding anything.
    Plus the Canfields, just in case anyone was confused, had the little chart on the website that rated the Yelli higher for AM and the Nimble higher for XC use. Just because a bike has AM abilities, doesn't mean it should be ridden off a cliff.

beater
    I love that black chrome.

I need to get one of the new Canfield head tube badges for my Yelli. They look awesome.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

MTB B'dos
    Never looked on their site honestly for the literature on both bikes, just going by what I see them being used and makes total sense if the Nimble is built of lighter weight steel for the subtleties and is aimed more at XC riding. I'm sold on this geo for anything but serious XC racing, so again, makes perfect sense, just don't figure why it's not something that's been brought to light before when people ask about the 2 frames as direct comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by 92gli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    Plus the Canfields, just in case anyone was confused, had the little chart on the website that rated the Yelli higher for AM and the Nimble higher for XC use. Just because a bike has AM abilities, doesn't mean it should be ridden off a cliff.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Never looked on their site honestly for the literature on both bikes, just going by what I see them being used and makes total sense if the Nimble is built of lighter weight steel for the subtleties and is aimed more at XC riding. I'm sold on this geo for anything but serious XC racing, so again, makes perfect sense, just don't figure why it's not something that's been brought to light before when people ask about the 2 frames as direct comparisons.
    Actually, I have seen a number of posts dealing with this issue, but there is sooo much information about both these bikes in those big threads that information is easy to miss.

MTB B'dos
    If you're talking about those pages and pages long threads, then yeah, I gave up on following those a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by bluestatevirgin View Post
    Actually, I have seen a number of posts dealing with this issue, but there is sooo much information about both these bikes in those big threads that information is easy to miss.
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics