Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

DingDingDing! Canfield comes out Yelling & Screaming w/something stiff, black & shiny

10K views 72 replies 37 participants last post by  TheDocTx 
#1 ·
DingDingDing! Canfield comes out Yelling & Screaming w/something stiff, black & shiny

Round 1

Round 2

And the winner is...

I just want to say thank you to Canfield and more specific, Sean G. I had the frame within the same week i called it in. Excellent Customer service. Thank you

Also, send me over the Nimble 9 protype once they are available. i'd be happy to give it some love:D

And i was able to keep my gear ratio with no chain tensioner and i was also able to use a no stretch BMX chain.:rockon:

I had to get a new seat post and seat post collar

Gorgeous day to give the bike some beating.

See less See more
#9 ·
I think you can build a much stiffer stronger bike than you can with the nimble9 frame.
The Yelli is built super burly, and can fit the new breed of 140mm forks with tapered steerers. It also can accept most dropper posts. Add a set of wide/strong wheels and serious rubber and you have a super capable mountain bike that can keep up on all day epics with any crosscountry/trail/allmountain/lightgravity setup. It's silly the lines I try to hit with this bike and it somehow comes out on the other end with me still on top of it.

#10 ·
Good for you and good on Canfield. So according to this, Canfield is saying the Yelli will take some serious punishment in it's current iteration, but not the Nimble, interesting :???:

#22 ·
To the OP, great looking bike, I have blue one on the way this week, your post got me stoked for it to arrive...What gear ratio are you running? I am going to set mine up SS and I have 1/8" chain I wan to use. I read where people found a magic gear with 32/21, but I was assuming that was 3/32? Anyway, be interested to know what your ratio is as I'd like to use my beefier chain.

#34 ·
What were you doing when it broke? Or did you not notice until after the ride or later? Interested to hear more. My Yelli frame is still holding out really well, but I'm also not riding the terrain as tough as you are. No where near that many rocks here. I'm on roots and dirt.

#37 ·
Maybe time to try the new "beefed up" N9. Or go to a Chromag Surface, or Custom Steel built for your needs.....

Sucks though, once again that was yet another sharp build!!!!

#47 ·
I agree. The bike looks a lot more stout especially on the headtube area where i have broken them in the past. I also like the tube that reinforces the seat tube to the top tube.

Also, based on what Chris Canfield had told me over the phone, the new N9 is very stiff much like the Yelli but in time they will start to flex after the initial break-in period.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.