Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleh0rse View Post
    The brand new 2017 Verhauen and Optimus Ti frames arriving next week are both boosted and now share the exact same geo as the Mooseknuckle -- which is why this decision has been so damn difficult for me!

First World problems, I know...
    Lol.
    Can't go wrong with either.
    Not a lot of mooseknuckle's out there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Too Many .

that guy
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by brent701 View Post
    Lol.

No doubt. The MK is hawt!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by brent701 View Post
    Lol.

Sounds like you're a bike addict like me! I'll look into those, but my preference in bikes are lightweight XC 29ers with tight geometries (<44" wheelbase).

My current new bike (Niner RKT with SLX build) is kind of a lemon. In addition to frame "issues" I've discussed on other threads, I now have a leaky Fox rear shock, howling brakes (F&R) despite all my tinkering (and new rotors). Jensen USA is very hesitant to respond to my problems, too. :/

My "old" Santa Cruz (alloy) with an XT build has had ZERO problems and I guess that's a sign to keep it and dump the Niner.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Edslittleworld View Post
    Sounds like you're a bike addict like me! I'll look into those, but my preference in bikes are lightweight XC 29ers with tight geometries (<44" wheelbase).

My current new bike (Niner RKT with SLX build) is kind of a lemon. In addition to frame "issues" I've discussed on other threads, I now have a leaky Fox rear shock, howling brakes (F&R) despite all my tinkering (and new rotors). Jensen USA is very hesitant to respond to my problems, too. :/

My "old" Santa Cruz (alloy) with an XT build has had ZERO problems and I guess that's a sign to keep it and dump the Niner.
    Sorry yo hear about the Niner.
    Mine was a 4-star XT build but installed a RS1 fork and DT Swiss KMC1200 wheels.
    she weighed 24lbs I didn't have any problems with mine, but niner and jensen kill the market on the sales. Makes it hard to go to a LBS and buy a niner if you wait a little can get a good discount off them on Jensen
    Too Many .

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have the same dilemma and my old bike is a Spider Comp 29 with Chris King wheels. It is a nice bike but if I sell it, I really don't know how much I can get for it. However, if I sell it and I sell at least one road bike, I can put that money towards something else. Initially, I did not want to sell it but now I think I will. The problem is deciding what to ask.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
    I have the same dilemma and my old bike is a Spider Comp 29 with Chris King wheels. It is a nice bike but if I sell it, I really don't know how much I can get for it. However, if I sell it and I sell at least one road bike, I can put that money towards something else. Initially, I did not want to sell it but now I think I will. The problem is deciding what to ask.
    I have invested around $3200 into mine. I may be able to get $1800...maybe. :/

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I had a new 29er that was fast. I fixed up a mid '90s Klein and had so much more fun on it that I sold the 29er. The new geometry isn't "better" for everyone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Yeah, I'll list it at $2,000 (locally) I guess. The wheels should help it sell.

Bike Junkie
    I think that selling the parts off might be easier. wheels especially. But I like having a 'backup' and on occasion I use them as loaners for out of town friends/relatives that might want to go for a ride. It does help justify a new bike by making room for it and selling an old one.
    See You On The Trails!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I may part it out...let's see. I'll try the complete bike locally first. I'd have kept it but I also have a road bike obsession and recently built up a new cross bike, a S-Works Disc Tarmac, and a BMC SLR01. I'm out of room too...I have other road bikes as well as a fat bike. To get a 27.5+, I need to get rid of a couple...the Intense and maybe a Roubaix di2 + some older bike. I gotta do this or I'll never be able to get another mtn bike.

Co Springs
    I made the decision on a new bike purchase a few days ago and leading up to it, was loaning a bike to a friend to get him started on riding and some tangible experience to help him with shopping and test rides. That pretty much cemented what I thought I'd do all along if I got a new bike. Keep the 14 year old hardtail that still works great. It's a V-brake entry level Rockshox Kona that in current form would between the $700 and $900 Kona HT's. It rolls good and everything works fine. I figure it's street value is something along a craigslist trade for a $25 Starbucks gift card. Since I'll continue to promote biking and try to gain other friends toward that interest, it's going to be handy to have it as a loaner or a spare. When friends or family visit, a rental bike would be what ... $35 min for a day or part day? Yeah it's a simple answer for this situation and thankfully storage isn't a problem.

The old Specialized rigid (26 years old) will remain too. It's old enough to be nostalgic and has the kid seat feature and city bike character with added fenders. Green bike Blue bike Red bike New bike.
    Last edited by bachman1961; 1 Week Ago at 06:26 PM.
    In the Middle Ages, the biggest mistake was not putting on your armor because you were 'just going down to the corner.'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12