Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Diamondback Overdrive 29er...$450

6K views 29 replies 21 participants last post by  TheRealKTrain 
#1 ·
Nashbar has the Diamondback Overdrive 29er "Special Edition" on sale for $499 plus 10% off right now if anyone is looking for a high rated entry level 29er. They also have the Michelin XC AT 29er tires for $17.99

I'm not affiliated with Nashbar in any way, just passing on the information
:thumbsup:

#13 ·
mtnbiker72 said:
Raleigh and Diamondback are the same company
Omg my worst fear has come true. My assualt ex was the best'bike i have ever owned. Hope its like the vw and porche relationship? I abselutely hated every ralleigh bike i ever got on and most of the time they were dripping with cheap or even cheaper in house parts.

#14 ·
bornhere said:
It's not really pimp, but this fat bastard gets around on it. If your a big noob like me, buy it from a local shop for warranty purposes. My lbs has been GREAT with helping me out with the breakage issues in the 'learning curve".:thumbsup:
Good looking bike u have there. Is that a 3-piece crank?

If i was to by a bike like this the dart 3 fork will be the first to go.

#18 ·
Punkeyboozter said:
Omg my worst fear has come true. My assualt ex was the best'bike i have ever owned. Hope its like the vw and porche relationship? I abselutely hated every ralleigh bike i ever got on and most of the time they were dripping with cheap or even cheaper in house parts.
It's been the same company for over a decade now and Raleigh makes some very quality bikes (Diamondback hasn't been lighting the bike world on fire in the past 15 years or so either).

#19 ·
mtnbiker72 said:
It's been the same company for over a decade now and Raleigh makes some very quality bikes (Diamondback hasn't been lighting the bike world on fire in the past 15 years or so either).
yeah I came to the same conclustion. Still doesnt change my mind that the assault EX was the bike that worked best for me ever. :D

#20 ·
Just picked one up from Nashbar.com for 449.00 then shipping was like 42$ I got the bike in like 3 business days it was crazy! The silver is great looking the graphics are a bit hokie but im a noob and love this bike. Plus im 6'4" and 220 lbs so the XL frame is awesome, finally a bike that fits me.

#24 ·
S4275 said:
Use the coupon code "PLANET2" and the bike drops to $424.99 plus shipping. Only valid til 4/5/2009. :)
Wow..most excellent deal! One of my nephews is hunting for a 29er..found. Regarding the Dart and SRAM X4 drivetrain..I run a Reba and Nixon on two of my hardtails and a Dart on another..you would be surprised at how well the Dart works for X-country riding. And the SRAM X4 on up has been pretty much bullet proof. The X4 is better than Deore in my opinion with very solid shifting up or down.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.