mtbr member

Devinci Troy 29er

Devinci put out a new 29er model today. Looks to be promising.

DEVINCI - TROY CARBON 29 X01 EAGLE

Best Source for Ibis, Devinci, and Ventana!
    Velorangutan... the pedal type.
    Motorangutan... the motorized type.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Nice short summary on Blister:

First Look: 2019 Devinci Troy | Blister Gear Review - Skis, Snowboards, Mountain Bikes, Climbing, Kayaking

There's an NX12 model at $4500. I dig that mint color!

Oh, So Interesting!
    WTF is up with the lower shock mount/lower DT area? Ugh. Need trunion mount to save space?!?! They want the DT to hit rocks? Sorry but this isn't a cohesive design, it's just a weird looking bike.

mtbr member
    I do like the look of this bike, I always like new Devinci's, there's something about them...

mtbr member
    157 spacing and only clearance for a 2.4" tyre? Hope it's a Conti 2.4 and not a Maxxis....

Out spokin'
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    I do like the look of this bike, I always like new Devinci's, there's something about them...
    Devinci certainly seems to make a refined machine in my mind. I'm afraid if I owned one I wouldn't ride it for fear of getting a scratch. Maybe this is one reason I prefer the punk rockability of Guerrilla Gravity's offerings.
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    157 spacing and only clearance for a 2.4" tyre? Hope it's a Conti 2.4 and not a Maxxis....
    Agree this is not making sense at all. This bike should be able to handle at least a 2.6" tire. Not saying the specs are wrong, just saying in 2018 it's crazy to produce a bike that can't run at least 2.6" -- preferably even bigger.
    =sParty
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus View Post
    Devinci certainly seems to make a refined machine in my mind. I'm afraid if I owned one I wouldn't ride it for fear of getting a scratch. Maybe this is one reason I prefer the punk rockability of Guerrilla Gravity's offerings.

Agree this is not making sense at all. This bike should be able to handle at least a 2.6" tire. Not saying the specs are wrong, just saying in 2018 it's crazy to produce a bike that can't run at least 2.6" -- preferably even bigger.
    =sParty
    Yup I agree actually, I worry about rocks hitting my frame and wheels whereas on my alloy bikes I never really worried. Especially on the raw ones.

It does seem like an oversight with the tyre clearance too.

mtbr member
    It's heavy, that lower shock mount is fugly as all get out and yeah the restricted tyre clearance in the back is a real head scratcher.
    Devinci, I am so disapoint!

mtbr member
    Long seat tube (even tho everyone has a 175mm dropper now), "average" angles and CS length, outdated 51mm offset fork, worthless "super boost" and weighs nearly 2 pounds heavier than comparable bikes in the trail class. Then there is what should be Canadian $ prices but they are, in fact, US $'s and... I'll pass. Seems like they designed this bike in 2016.
    UPDATE: They have an GT "LTD" build with a 160mm Lyrik with a proper 42mm offset which slackens the Troy out to 65.5... NOW we are talking! Still hard for me to wrap my head around their use of Super Boost, the added weight (ESPECIALLY with no remote resy rear shock!), and the cost. More info here: https://www.bikemag.com/gear/mountai...vinci-troy-29/

Have FUN!

G MAN
    Last edited by Gman086; 07-02-2018 at 10:47 PM.
    "There's two shuttles, one to the top and one to the hospital" I LOVE this place!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Looks like a kona process.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Dissing this bikes angles or hub standards... kinda pointless unless you have ridden. Did 2.5 hour tech ride on one today... Decent acceleration for a mid travel 29er (DWlink... er..., split pivot...) sporting 35mm internal rims. And it definately got me up, over and down stuff with more ease and control than my Switchblade. Pretty fun bike for being so capable.