Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I race mine too. I'd advise to run a 120 mm fork. Any less and the bike gets way too nervous for my taste and you'll run into a lot more pedal strikes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Many thanks. That is good to know. I will check what is possible. Probably I can show a nice Atlas in the future.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I did a search, sorry if I missed it. Can you run a 156mm q factor xx1 crank on the Atlas carbon frame? My knees are super sensitive to q factor.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I haven't tried it, but I was considering a used one, and I wasn't comfortable based on my measurements and the SRAM frame fit specs for the 156mm Q that it would clear the chainstays. Hopefully someone with one of the XX1 cranks can give you a firmer answer than that though!

I'm UTarded
    I have both a 2014 Fox TALAS 120 K and a 2014 Fox FLOAT 120 K that I can put on an Atlas. The TALAS has 44mm offset and the FLOAT has a 51mm offset.

What offset is everyone running on theirs? I don't know what offset Devinci suggests. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    44mm enjoy! I had a 120 SID and it was nice, now have a 140mm PIKE, even better

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by euro-trash View Post
    I did a search, sorry if I missed it. Can you run a 156mm q factor xx1 crank on the Atlas carbon frame? My knees are super sensitive to q factor.
    I'm running an X01 Carbon crank @ 168 Q-factor. I have the Raceface crank arm protectors installed and with those I'm actually showing signs of the crank arm rubbing (grazing) the chainstay protector under hard pedaling efforts - that's how close the clearance is even with 168Q!

I think 156 Q-factor fitment would be too tight based on my experience.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by euro-trash View Post
    As stated above, no way you can run a 156q factor on the carbon frame. I have the 2014 carbon and with a XX1 168q the non drive side is pretty damn close.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jduffett View Post
    I haven't tried it, but I was considering a used one, and I wasn't comfortable based on my measurements and the SRAM frame fit specs for the 156mm Q that it would clear the chainstays. Hopefully someone with one of the XX1 cranks can give you a firmer answer than that though!
    With XX1 168q cranks

Devinci Atlas Carbon-atlas-drive-side.jpgDevinci Atlas Carbon-atlas-non-drive-side.jpg

mtbr member
    Anyone feel an unusual amount of frame flex, or comment on the lateral stiffness of the carbon frame? I guess particularly in the stays or pivot area, throwing into hard corners.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by d365 View Post
    Anyone feel an unusual amount of frame flex, or comment on the lateral stiffness of the carbon frame? I guess particularly in the stays or pivot area, throwing into hard corners.
    The stiffness of this frame is what actually got my attention quickly the first time I rode it. I feel it tracks very well and does not have any noticable flex.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Sorry for hijacking the thread to ask about an Alloy Atlas, this thread appears to have the most up to date info. Anybody who has used the volume spacer on the 2012 Atlas FoxRp23 shock ? Did it fix the issue of using all travel in g-out situations ?

With a 140 mm fork, can you actually climb steeper terrain ? Or are you fighting front wheel wander. Does using a 140 fork make a difference in high or lo position ? Would appreciate any responses. (yes i did see a few people mention 140 forks... but nobody has clearly come out in favor or 140 mm)

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by khadn View Post
    With a 140 mm fork, can you actually climb steeper terrain ? Or are you fighting front wheel wander. Does using a 140 fork make a difference in high or lo position ? Would appreciate any responses. (yes i did see a few people mention 140 forks... but nobody has clearly come out in favor or 140 mm)
    140 is perfect for rollers and downhill paired with "high" setting. It's quite difficult to keep the front wheel on the ground for steep hills though which is why the Talas or DP Revelation/Pike is a great combination. Some past bikes I've had w/ dual position feel like a huge drag in the low fork setting, but not the Atlas. A fixed 120 would be my next choice

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    If anyone is interested I've got a DP 150/120 with like eleven rides / like new shape that I'm going to list for sale this weekend. PM if interested.

Enjoy your Atlas's!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Atlas XL

Hi Gents,

is somebody arround who is riding an Atlas in XL?

In case yes: Please post a photo!

Would like to know how it looks...

Thanks,

Florian

mtbr member
    Jul 2014

Atlas carbon XL

Devinci Atlas Carbon-wp_20140525_002.jpgDevinci Atlas Carbon-wp_20140525_004.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

Devinci Atlas carbon 2015

Here's a 2015 Atlas carbon, in size XL (yes, I have really long legs...). Complete build, with pedals and cage = 23.1lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Devinci Atlas Carbon-devinci-atlas-carbon-2015.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Is there a trick to 'flipping the chip' on the 2014 carbon? I can get the tire-side piece of the chip out easily, but how do you access the interior bit? Do you slip a tire lever in there and pry the necessary space or do you remove the swing-arm pivot? I figured on this one asking is better than applying pressure and experimenting. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    You'll have to remove the upper pivot and shock bolt. Once those are out, you can flip the 'chip' that sits hidden between the seat-stay and swing-arm. Hope this helps!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Seatpost length

Duplicate post.
    Last edited by Ken6503; 1 Day Ago at 08:17 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    All, I'm spec'ing out a large Atlas Carbon at the moment. Question about seatpost length, for those with around 32" legs, what length seatpost are you using? I ran a 367mm Thomson on my Santa Cruz, but the angle on the Devinci has me thinking 400? Just trying to aim for what I need.

Also, based on reading this thread, I'm starting with an 80mm stem. If I'm way out there, someone let me know. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I'm on a large. 33" inseam. I used a 400mm post because that's what I had. I ended up having to cut it down to about 350mm in order to get the seat height correct. The seat tube angle shouldn't impact required seat post length, but the "kink" in the seat tube will likely make you cut down a 400mm post.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TechniKal View Post
    I'm on a large. 33" inseam. I used a 400mm post because that's what I had. I ended up having to cut it down to about 350mm in order to get the seat height correct. The seat tube angle shouldn't impact required seat post length, but the "kink" in the seat tube will likely make you cut down a 400mm post.
    How much seatpost is exposed above the frame? I don't want to cut one down but it looks like the only other Elite I can get my hands on (from my son's bike) is a 367mm. Based on what you just said, I'm not sure it'd fit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have about 7" of exposed post.

Nor­wegr
    Anyone know the size of the largest 1x chainring that can be used? (alu frame, but I assume it's the same on both)

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast