mtbr member
    Dec 2011

DB Overdrive Carbon Expert

Hi guys after so much searching and what not I ended up pulling the trigger on a DB Overdrive carbon, 1st 29er so I can't compare it to anything else.
    DB Overdrive Carbon Expert-db-image-1-2.jpg
    DB Overdrive Carbon Expert-db-image.jpg
    The clearcoat is shiny.
    DB Overdrive Carbon Expert-db-image-1-.jpg
    DB Overdrive Carbon Expert-db-image-2-2.jpg
    Weight with everything including stock pedals, no water bottle cage. Size M 18''
    DB Overdrive Carbon Expert-db-weight.jpg
    the frame had me worried for a second I tough it was cracked on the inside but I guess is not I post a picture later of what im talking about it just look off, by the downtube close to the head set.
    so far it feels solid not much ride time mosquitoes made me turn around from the test ride.
    Like I said it does feel solid for a 1000g frame good job DB!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Curious how much you paid and what other bikes you considered?

mtbr member
    Nice ride!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    DB Overdrive Carbon Expert-image0.jpg
    on top of the hill what a climb

I considered a lot of different mail order bikes including some Ti frames but it was going to be a lot more than this build.
    Also was looking at some full suspension bikes.
    Finally order this one since it have a lifetime warranty on the frame.
    Loll check your PM

mtbr member
    May 2013
    What are your thoughts on this bike after having had it for a while? I'm thinking about getting one, but I can't find a shop that has one in stock. I've ridden the aluminum version and like it. I'm not too sold on the 2x10 drive train, but I figure that's easy to change if I decide to.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Gotta say that's one nice looking rig. Love the paint scheme and the nice lines. Diamondback seems like they are getting more legitimate and high end with their mountain offerings now in comparison to the bikes that I was used to seeing them sell in WalMart

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    Hey CLOUDBUSTER how are you still liking your Carbon Overdrive Expert? I am thinking about picking up this bike.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I ended up getting one and I've had it for a couple of months. I like it. The frame is nice, it soaks up minor vibrations well, and the geometry is nice and stable and still nimble enough to get around tight spots on trails just fine. The components are pretty good too. The sram shifting thing took a little getting used to but it's not bad. The fork took a little time to get set up the way I like, but it performs well and the CTD function is cool but not absolutely necessary in my opinion.

My only complaint has been a noisy bearing in the freewheel hub. I guess the brakes are also a bit prone to squealing too but it's not the worst thing in the world. I would prefer straight cranks as opposed to the formed cranks, but that's more of a preference/style thing cause sometimes the cranks rub my foot/shoe when pedaling.

I did change the seat, bars, grips and pedals. Nothing wrong with the stock stuff, but I needed a little personalization.

I paid $2,200 for mine and I think it was well worth it, I thoroughly enjoy riding it, and the only upgrade I would like to make, is a different wheelset.