Mr. Lurker

Dawes BullsEye - questions

I presume this bike can be converted to 1x9 or 1x10?
    Also, it will accept a Shimano HollowTech crankset?

Anyone know why they show a red bike on their page, but don't offer it?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    It can be setup geared but the track ends may angry up the blood during setup. It should take those cranks, but the cheap downhill cranks it comes with aren't that bad and not as heavy as you'd think. It's the wheels that are boat boat anchors.

Mr. Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    It can be setup geared but the track ends may angry up the blood during setup. It should take those cranks, but the cheap downhill cranks it comes with aren't that bad and not as heavy as you'd think. It's the wheels that are boat boat anchors.
    What wheels would you recommend? I have used Stans Crest before on a geared bike. I'm sure they can be setup with a SS hub.

Trail Junkie
    You don't necessarily need a "SS" hub to run it SS, nor would you want one if you are wondering if you can run it geared. Buy Normal wheels and just use a SS conversion kit. It will come with all the spacers you need.

Stan Crests are good wheels, light and inexpensive.
    The American Classics cost more, but definitely better build quality all around
    Sun-Ringle Blackflag wheels are decently priced, can run any fork with provided endcaps. and are decent weight and price.
    Santa Cruz Tallboy carbon
    Lynskey Pro29 SL SS
    Cervelo S2 Ultegra
    Salsa Selma
    Soul Cycle Dillinger Gen3