Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

the crow is in

8K views 79 replies 31 participants last post by  1strongone1 
#1 ·
stock

#2 ·
Just got the email too: I ordered a couple direct from Mike and he noted the first batch were air freighted in so the price is slightly higher to help recover some of those expenses.

Hi All,

A small batch of 29" Crow tires has arrived. After a long wait, we finally have 29" Crows in stock and ready to ship. Weights are running from 470-500g for those counting grams.

They'll be going up on the website shortly for $44.95 each.

I apologize for those that were interested in 26" only as I had everyone lumped together.

Thanks for your patience, we're very excited to actually have production units in hand.

--
Mike
NoTubes.com

#10 ·
Gray shill

iliketoridebikes said:
29er forum should be renamed the shill post forum
It is a gray area where "shill" posts are giving updates about new products of general interest or a lot of people are known to have interest in their introduction/availability. Arguably still shill, though, I would agree, but this has been discussed and seems acceptable on this forum. There is a lot of industry participation here due to the nature of the relative newness and growth of 29ers, and a lot of manufacturers and retailers are listening, too.

#11 ·
iliketoridebikes said:
29er forum should be renamed the shill post forum
I see how it could appear that way in this instance but if I wanted to post something about product availability, I'd do it in the sub-forum that has been so nicely provided for us. peabody is probably just one of the people that was on my e-mail notification list, got word and wanted to post the info. The 29er forum is unique here in that we do have the manufacturer's forum to let all of us spread the info to those that are truely enthusiastic about the expanding product options, no need to shill post in my eyes.

#25 ·
Rivet said:
Don't lean too far, have you seen what passes for a tread on those things, yikes. Definitley a "race" tire in my book.
Uh....that would be the reason a pair was purchased in the first place. XC races on the type of midwest terrain where I will be using them.

According to NoTubes.com:

- When used tubeless, rolling resistance is nearly eliminated. The Crow will roll as fast at 20 psi as it does at 40 psi. Rolling resistance will not come into play until pressures drop as low as 13 psi

- Intended for low pressure use, 20-40 PSI maximum

- This low pressure gives you such traction that tread is almost not needed. Tall knobs on other tires create wind drag and rolling resistance slowing the rider down. The Crow tire will spin much faster due to the low tread height. Making it one of the fastest spinning tires on the market

BB

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.