Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Ive had my Gnarvester for a week now. Still tuning a few things but having so much fun riding it. I have a 24hr race coming up next weekend so it will be interesting to see if I am still loving it after that but all indications are that I will be

I guess since I live in Australia this is an International Gnarvester.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This could be the one....-imag0021.jpg  

American Made!
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEJCE View Post
    Very nice 1x1! I'm looking at a similar ti 29+ rom another builder, but with a very similar build spec. Any idea what yours weighs as a SS? Thanks!
    as the SS mine is in right around 22 1/2 lbs...while I do have some carbon SS that weigh quite a bit less no bike can eat up the rigid like this beast can!
    What is thy bidding, my master.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty_ss View Post

I guess since I live in Australia this is an International Gnarvester.
    That is great!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011

The most versatile 29 Plus

My version of Gnarvester
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This could be the one....-fullsizerender.jpg  

This could be the one....-fullsizerender.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by neilyo537 View Post
    My version of Gnarvester
    Nice Build Bro. I'm thinking about building up an aluminum Gnarvester. I'm not too clear on the drive-line. What are you running on yours? I'm looking to build one that's on the cheaper end of things. I'd say the only area I'd be willing to spend some extra funds would be on the wheelset... maybe starting with a set of those wide carbon light-bicycle rims.. Everything else will have to be somewhat low cost for now.

Also, for now, I'm going to go with a rigid fork. I rode one and was staggered by the ride quality.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Thanks, it's a 10 speed xtr with 32 wolftooth ring infront, and American Classic Wide Lightning wheelset.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by neilyo537 View Post
    Thanks, it's a 10 speed xtr with 32 wolftooth ring infront, and American Classic Wide Lightning wheelset.
    I think this style of bike is yet to be discovered, but after riding one similar to the Gnarvester, I was utterly impressed by the ride characteristics...

If you have time, can you give me your input on the Titanium frame---how does it 'feel'? I'm tempted. Size is also an issue. I usually take a medium, but like to run a very short stem, like 35mm or less, so I'm not sure if I should get a 19 or the 17. They don't make an 18 it seems, and they seem to call the 19in frame a medium-large, but for me, 17 would be too small, but the 19 might be too big...?...?

Also, do you have any expertise on wheelsets? What does your bike currently weigh in at?

I'm looking to build one up under 27 pounds. I've heard a variety of opinions on the tire selection and set-up. Some say its easy to set up tubeless, others are telling me that they have yet to figure out 'how' to run low pressure without suffering from tire burping etc. Light bicycle claims their rims are easy to set up tubeless. My own experience is that in order to truly run a problem free low-pressure tubeless setup, double ply casing tires are the only way to go...but then they are heavy, which might make it tough to meet my build-weight goal of 27 [or less] pounds.

I'd likely run it with a carbon rigid fork for a while to see if I like it, but now that the Pike comes in a 'plus' size for 29ers...with the option to set the travel..that might also be a thing.

I also found this fork called a 'Lauf Carbonara'. Zero maintenance, very light, leaf spring design, 5 year guarantee :

This could be the one....-r5oepilql6ylyobmqrxw_lauf_carbonara_nakedmatte_1024x1024.jpeg

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Skrool View Post
    I think this style of bike is yet to be discovered, but after riding one similar to the Gnarvester, I was utterly impressed by the ride characteristics...

If you have time, can you give me your input on the Titanium frame---how does it 'feel'? I'm tempted. Size is also an issue. I usually take a medium, but like to run a very short stem, like 35mm or less, so I'm not sure if I should get a 19 or the 17. They don't make an 18 it seems, and they seem to call the 19in frame a medium-large, but for me, 17 would be too small, but the 19 might be too big...?...?

Also, do you have any expertise on wheelsets? What does your bike currently weigh in at?

I'm looking to build one up under 27 pounds. I've heard a variety of opinions on the tire selection and set-up. Some say its easy to set up tubeless, others are telling me that they have yet to figure out 'how' to run low pressure without suffering from tire burping etc. Light bicycle claims their rims are easy to set up tubeless. My own experience is that in order to truly run a problem free low-pressure tubeless setup, double ply casing tires are the only way to go...but then they are heavy, which might make it tough to meet my build-weight goal of 27 [or less] pounds.

I'd likely run it with a carbon rigid fork for a while to see if I like it, but now that the Pike comes in a 'plus' size for 29ers...with the option to set the travel..that might also be a thing.

I also found this fork called a 'Lauf Carbonara'. Zero maintenance, very light, leaf spring design, 5 year guarantee :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R5OEpIlQl6YlYObmQRXw_Lauf_Carbonara_NakedMatte_1024x1024.jpeg 
Views:	33 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	1076003
    Definitely not an expert. The Titanium frame was light and stiff, not noodlely whatsoever. Carver can customized the frame to your liking, ask for Forest or Davis.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12