Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Comparable bikes to the Trek Superfly 100

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Haystack Calhoun 
#1 ·
I test rode a Trek Superfly and really liked it. Are there other bikes similar to the Trek I should consider. It's the first 29er I truly loved.

#6 ·
What did you like about the superfly100? If it is the climbing ability, you will not be close with the stumpjumper. But you will be very close, if not even better, with the Epic from Specialized.

Stumpjumper is meant to be a trail or semi-AM~ish kind of bike. Trek Superfly 100 is a climbing machine of which the Epic is similar to. The tallboy was great, but is more an overall jack of all trade bike. Is fine, and under the right motor, it is a winner still.

Just depends on what you are after.

#11 ·
My only takeaway though from a weekend of riding was pedal strikes. The BB is quite low relative to others. I've extensively ridden or owned five different FS 29ers for context.
The Epic has an even lower BB, I believe. At least I hit the pedals on my Epic last year more than on the Fly 100 the year before.

Seems to be a trend. Great cornering, more pedal strikes. No free lunch.

#13 ·
BMC FS01. Same head angle, but shorter chainstays and wheelbase make a really fun bike. Also has what most would argue is a superior suspension system with a true four bar compared to the Superfly's faux bar single pivot.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.