Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Chupacabra..... Finally!

The Chupa finally showd up on the hucknroll site. Yeah for Vassago...how long has this idea been in the works? I hope it is a great success.
    Just in time for the season ending sales too.
    Frame is on the way...what to do with it is the biggest question.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JBRAVO View Post
    The Chupa finally showd up on the hucknroll site. Yeah for Vassago...how long has this idea been in the works? I hope it is a great success.
    Just in time for the season ending sales too.
    Frame is on the way...what to do with it is the biggest question.
    120mm fox fork, and build it up for abuse.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Looks real nice. Can't wait.

mtbr member
    No hydroformed tubes nor a tapered headtube. Looks kinda like an Access XCL 29er frame. Meh. But the proof is in the ride...

PS maybe I can get one on this year's Black Friday sale... lol, j/k.
    Last edited by PoisonDartFrog; 08-28-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    Mind your own religion.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

mtbr member
    FYI, contacted an LBS (who is a Vassago distro) and asked if they had these in stock. LBS said no, and that Vassago wasn't returning their calls or e-mails.

Said Vassago seemed more interested in on-line sales than supporting their LBS distributors, and if things didn't change soon they were considering dropping Vassago all together.
    Mind your own religion.

mtbr member
    From what have heard 2011 Vassagos will be available through online retailers only. 2012 models should be available through all retailers.
    When did the LBS call them? According to their blog they have been without power since Sunday.

SSolo
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonDartFrog View Post
    No hydroformed tubes nor a tapered headtube. Looks kinda like an Access XCL 29er frame. Meh. But the proof is in the ride...

PS maybe I can get one on this year's Black Friday sale... lol, j/k.
    Yes, good observation...but my Access is good riding. Geometry for this frame?
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son...

The Hutch
    I emailed them and got no answer, so I hit them up on
    Facebook, and they responded right away and said they have power issues
    And asked me to send another email so I did. I'm sure they will get back to me
    With in a couple of days ..
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natedogz View Post
    Yes, good observation...but my Access is good riding. Geometry for this frame?
    Bikes are effin cool - ChupaCabra

mtbr member
    Why would it be a bad thing to sell only to online retailers if you are a frame company? I don't see a problem with that.
    - The only thing that keeps me on a bike is happiness.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHaq View Post
    Why would it be a bad thing to sell only to online retailers if you are a frame company? I don't see a problem with that.
    Some people (most people) appreciate the local bike shops. If you don't, then continue to purchase from online retailers. You also won't have to worry about buying those last minute replacement parts that the LBS' generally save our asses with. Bottle cages, chainrings and chainring bolts, relacing wheels, etc.

small member
    Jun 2006
    still curious to know what geometry changes the LT plates create...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OneBadWagon View Post
    Some people (most people) appreciate the local bike shops. If you don't, then continue to purchase from online retailers. You also won't have to worry about buying those last minute replacement parts that the LBS' generally save our asses with. Bottle cages, chainrings and chainring bolts, relacing wheels, etc.
    All of those little items can be purchase online, and are not very expensive other than the wheel set.

It does not hurt to have a small parts bin to save your @ss when you need those little things.

A little planning goes a long way, besides, a lot of online dealers also have store fronts.
    Jenson, Cambria, Bike Bling just to name a few.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by S:Drive View Post
    All of those little items can be purchase online, and are not very expensive other than the wheel set.

It does not hurt to have a small parts bin to save your @ss when you need those little things.

A little planning goes a long way, besides, a lot of online dealers also have store fronts.
    Jenson, Cambria, Bike Bling just to name a few.
    So are you saying that you would prefer NOT to have a local bike shop to go to? I don't understand.

Sure, I could keep a few extra chains, a couple sets of grips, an extra cog or two, a spare rear derailleur for when I'm feeling gears, etc. I guess I'm lucky in the fact that I have a very good LBS who treats me well, often has the parts that I need or can get them to me faster than mail order in most cases. I like options, and if a company chose not to do business through local dealers, but only online retailers like Pricepoint, Jenson, HuckNRoll, etc then I would probably not buy anything of theirs. If you're going to be an online only affair, then you're the same as bikesdirect to me, and I won't be paying a premium for your product.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    So are you saying that you would prefer NOT to have a local bike shop to go to? I don't understand.

Sure, I could keep a few extra chains, a couple sets of grips, an extra cog or two, a spare rear derailleur for when I'm feeling gears, etc. I guess I'm lucky in the fact that I have a very good LBS who treats me well, often has the parts that I need or can get them to me faster than mail order in most cases. I like options, and if a company chose not to do business through local dealers, but only online retailers like Pricepoint, Jenson, HuckNRoll, etc then I would probably not buy anything of theirs. If you're going to be an online only affair, then you're the same as bikesdirect to me, and I won't be paying a premium for your product.
    your living in the stoneage borhan jenson/blueskycycles/pricepoint all pretty much ship over night for less then what it would cost in gas to drive down to your lbs and put up with traffic.

on a sidenote CBO doesnt even charge taxes anymore even for california residents. <------ hope you read this jenson ^^

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I had a hub overnighted recently and it cost me $40. You must drive an excursion. No worries man, I just try to support my local economy.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeGravey View Post
    on a sidenote CBO doesnt even charge taxes anymore even for california residents. <------ hope you read this jenson ^^
    As a former California resident, how are they legally doing that? From what I recall, as an online retailer you need to collect taxes from in state customers.I can't imagine they are eating 9.25% (or whatever CA sales tax is today) on top of their prices. Wholesale prices aren't that good that they can eat handle another 9+%???

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wedge View Post
    still curious to know what geometry changes the LT plates create...
    I would say none. They are plates, not sliders.
    Mind your own religion.

Bro Mountainbiker
    I like it. Im eyeing frames i could build into a light ss racer. This one seems a bit heavy but i do like it a lot.
    Raised in a Chicken-Coop by Chickens

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepo5669 View Post
    I like it. Im eyeing frames i could build into a light ss racer. This one seems a bit heavy but i do like it a lot.
    I'm looking at a Tomac Flint. Not sure I'm sold on the EBB tho
    Mind your own religion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PoisonDartFrog View Post
    I would say none. They are plates, not sliders.
    If you look close enough in stead of spewing hatred you will see they offer 4 different sets of plates. One changes the rear axle height to accommodate a longer travel fork.

Also SS plates vs geared plates would give you the option to shorten the wheelbase.

http://www.vassagocycles.com/switchplate/

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

No, What I am saying is with a small parts bin, and the no how to service your bike, you would do away with the last minute run to an LBS. Good LBS are to come by, if you have one stick with it.

Buying from online dealers will not cause all shops to disappear. Only the ones that offer poor service and selection. There are plenty of those shops.

The Hutch
    Quote Originally Posted by rob1208lv View Post
    I emailed them and got no answer, so I hit them up on
    Facebook, and they responded right away and said they have power issues
    And asked me to send another email so I did. I'm sure they will get back to me
    With in a couple of days ..
    Update:
    I still haven't heard from Vassago? I emailed twice and hit them up on Facebook? are they back to there old ways?
    follow me on twitter
    @RobertEHutch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by S:Drive View Post
    If you look close enough in stead of spewing hatred you will see they offer 4 different sets of plates. One changes the rear axle height to accommodate a longer travel fork.

Also SS plates vs geared plates would give you the option to shorten the wheelbase.

Bikes are effin cool - SwitchPlate
    Spewing hatred!? You're a fcuking moron. You have over 400 posts and a "rep" of "1"... that doesn't lie, does it?

PS/EDIT: Since you are so smart, why are posting tech questions like that here, instead of just emailing Vassago and asking them? Or have they stopped answering your emails too? (not that I blame them in this case) For once, try to be a source of information instead of just expecting someone else to track it down for you.
    Mind your own religion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast