Page 1 of 321 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Chinese Carbon 29er

So a few months ago on here I saw some threads about people looking for a chinese carbon 29er. I got interested in them and starting looking and I've finally found one.

http://loiceyu.en.made-in-china.com/...e-MTB753-.html

The actual site is:

http://www.gotobike.com.cn/

I sent them an email asking about larger sizes and got a response pretty quickly from the actual company (They make tons of different things including road frames, wheelsets, water bottle cages, forks, etc.)

I was told that the bike will be made in 16, 17.5, and 20 inches. I was also told the 16 and 20 inch frames wont be available until the end of the year. I was given a price sheet which includes everything they make, a picture showing the geometry for the 17.5 frame, and a picture of the actual frame which are below.

500 bucks per frame plus 100 for shipping.

I think I'm going to go for this when the 20 inch frame comes out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-mtb753-17.5.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-501154.jpg  

I'm the kind of person you need to keep your eye on or I'll wander off into the woods and forget to come back...

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by crashplayer19
    So a few months ago on here I saw some threads about people looking for a chinese carbon 29er. I got interested in them and starting looking and I've finally found one.

http://loiceyu.en.made-in-china.com/...e-MTB753-.html
    Note the frame material: "Carbon steel"
    May the air be filled with tires!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200
    Note the frame material: "Carbon steel"
    That's not the vendor's site saying it. Vendor's site just says carbon and has info about their molding practices.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    i would not have a problem ordering from them they help develop the molds for several chinese sourced carbon bikes from some well known brands.
    Wish they would not do the extra weave outer coat.
    Oh yea, when I was researching chinese made carbon road bike I registerd with alibaba.com. Don' t give your email address to alibaba.com. It will overload your mail address with spam. Just a few hours after registering with them.
    Someone told me that and I thought oh well, I have a spam filter. Well, u need a spam filter on steroids.....
    Last edited by glovemtb; 08-06-2010 at 06:02 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    It looks pretty and looks like it's carbon from the form of it, it's cheap so guess it might be worth a shot.

Order a few spare Mech hangers just incase!!

Doesntplaywellwithmorons!
    It uses a pretty standard model hanger. Probably one of the top-3 for availability judging from the picture. I have a half dozen of those in my spare hangers collection. Incidently the price point drops as the quantity increases.

mtbr member
    The company does custom painting and yes, they are carbon.
    I'm the kind of person you need to keep your eye on or I'll wander off into the woods and forget to come back...

mtbr member
    What are the 20" numbers?

Old school BMXer
    I have no doubt that it's carbon...it's just funny to read those errors in their product information. But with some of that Chinese stuff, you never really know what you're getting...
    May the air be filled with tires!

Harmonius Wrench
    Interesting. That bike looks very "niner-like".

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted
    Interesting. That bike looks very "niner-like".
    Sort of, but the geometry is not the same. There is a support inbetween the chainstay & seatstay on the non-drive side, probably for braking stiffness. The top-tube arch isn't that pronouced on the Air9; even on the XL model I saw. I don't see an EBB on that drawing either.

Run of the mill knock-off.

mtbr member
    Looks like a specialized

And He was Not
    There is ALOT of info about the Asian made frames on the Road bike forums. QC is not as high on the frames but, they can be had for a song. Most guys are very happy with them. I wouldn't be scared of them one bit. May even be better than some of the name brands that are shaving weight off and making stuff TOO light.
    The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

mtbr member
    I'm gonna order one in the 17.5. Why not right? Can't be any worse than the Fisher Carbon frames. Lol.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch
    There is ALOT of info about the Asin made frames on the Road bike forums. QC is not as high on the frames but, they can be had for a song. Most guys are very happy with them.
    I talked to a couple guys that ride road versions of these frames as well. They all seem very happy and I haven't heard of a failure either. Some of those guys drop a ton of money on the components for those frames as well.

And He was Not
    I believe if you do your homework, you might can find these or some similar mtb frames for under $500.00.

Roadie frame forum...There are 2 sticky threads

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch
    I believe if you do your homework, you might can find these or some similar mtb frames for under $500.00.

Roadie frame forum...There are 2 sticky threads

http://forums.roadbikereview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77
    Not 29ers though. I already checked. If you look at Hong Fu they have really great stuff there and thats where all the road bikers get their frames.

mtbr member
    When they come out with the bigger sizes this thread will need to be updated so I can buy one.

And He was Not
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil335
    Not 29ers though. I already checked. If you look at Hong Fu they have really great stuff there and thats where all the road bikers get their frames.

Correct...

Hong Fu is prolly gonna be the one to get frames from.

At that price point I'll prolly pony up and test one out. Hopefully around the end of 2010.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Not all carbon is created equally. With that said, they claim to use Toray, a company that is viewed in high regard on the composite industry. The actual cost of the amount of raw material needed to create a carbon frame is not that great. I have always had a bit of a hard time understanding the justification for the high dollar amounts builders charge for carbon frames, or carbon anything for that matter. Still, hand layup can be time consuming, and we all know that labor remains inexpensive in China.

Anyone notice said frame is post mount only?

mtbr member
    Looks like a tapered steerer as well.
    WTB: Specialized AWOL frameset, XL

mtbr member
    They also offer 3 different carbon finishes. 3k,12k and UD

Harmonius Wrench
    First of all, let me make it clear that I am not saying these are the same frames. Neither am I saying that they are from the same factory, but I am suggesting that they have very similar lines and it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that they could be from the same place with minor detail changes.

No EBB on the Chinese made one? Well, it wouldn't be that big a deal to change that feature at the factory. The brace between the stays for the brake also could easily be added. Internal vs. external routing of cables is also a minor detail change.

Could they be from the same place? They have more similarities to my eyes than not. I'm just sayin'. I could be totally wrong about this, but then again...........

And I would also agree that the Specialized looks somewhat similar, but not as close as these two models.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-501154.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-niner-ac2.jpg  

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    This is the future. I cannot wait. Been jacked around by too many retarded hippie bike companies. Looking forward to a time when frames are a commodity like tires and tubes. Thats where all this is headed.

mtbr member
    The future is slave labor, destruction of the environment due to crappy manufacturing practices, and elimination of the middle class?

Well, gosh darn it, I guess that makes me a hippy.

Page 1 of 321 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast