Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Chinese Carbon 29er

4M views 10K replies 1K participants last post by  frank6262 
#1 ·
So a few months ago on here I saw some threads about people looking for a chinese carbon 29er. I got interested in them and starting looking and I've finally found one.

http://loiceyu.en.made-in-china.com/product/DqBQEJxuvbVM/China-29er-Mountain-Frame-MTB753-.html

The actual site is:

http://www.gotobike.com.cn/

I sent them an email asking about larger sizes and got a response pretty quickly from the actual company (They make tons of different things including road frames, wheelsets, water bottle cages, forks, etc.)

I was told that the bike will be made in 16, 17.5, and 20 inches. I was also told the 16 and 20 inch frames wont be available until the end of the year. I was given a price sheet which includes everything they make, a picture showing the geometry for the 17.5 frame, and a picture of the actual frame which are below.

500 bucks per frame plus 100 for shipping.

I think I'm going to go for this when the 20 inch frame comes out.

Attachments

See less See more
#9,640 ·
Hi all, I have been reading as much as possible about Chinese Carbon frames, and think I am about to pull the trigger on one to build up and came across this one:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sus...27-46d6-93f7-cc3863cf5867&transAbTest=ae803_3

It has the geometry and travel I am looking for (modern, slack, long) and a good price.

Anyone see any major red flags (other than it just being a Chinese carbon frame) ?

Thanks!

#9,652 ·
When you sit on a bike, you're sagging both ends for effective measurements, you don't just sag one end. The STA would be slacker if only the rear compressed and the fork was static. The STA would be steeper if only the fork compressed.

If you're seeing a 75* effective STA, then that effective HTA just became old school xc.

I'm not seeing progressive geometry here at all. I am genuinely curious where you found the effective STA though. I'm on mobile and that site loads pretty bad for android. Thanks!

#9,825 ·
Is this the best option for a BSA with modern geo on a 27.5+ wheel set?
FLX-FR-703 ( 27.5er boost)

I am trying to find the slack head angle, longer reach, short chain stay geo that is all the rage these days to try out.

I built a 29er years ago and loved it never had any issues with it but it was purely XC. View attachment 1290987 View attachment 1290989 View attachment 1290991
The top tube on the medium is not very long and seat tube angle is 70 degrees. 68.5 Head tube angle is not particularly "slack" but the chainstays are shorter than most chiners.

#9,839 · (Edited)
Recieved TRIFOX frame (also knows as American Eagle). Link to AliExpress

UPD for some time frame is not available thru ali express, but seller offers direct sales with paypal payments. does not looks like good idea, but it is as it is

Disassemled. Took photos

As was mentioned above - you get what you pay for. No magic - you wont get full carbon frame with finish like 3000+ brand frames will have

We cannot tested how its going cause its cold outside, fork\ammo dont work as have to

We wrote article about it (in russian) with lots of foto, parts on scales etc. link to article - https://alibuy.biz/2019/10/14/trifox100mm/

Grass Iron Metal Bicycle frame Lawn

Iron Tool Screw Household hardware Tool accessory

Black Composite material Material property Aluminium Carbon

Grey Metal Cylinder Steel Tool accessory

Blue Electric blue Azure Cobalt blue Grey

#9,857 ·
This looks like a Scott Spark frame to me.

Recieved TRIFOX frame (also knows as American Eagle). Link to AliExpress

Disassemlet. Took photos

As was mentioned above - you get what you pay for. No magic - you wont get full carbon frame with finish like 3000+ brand frames will have

We cannot tested how its going cause its cold outside, fork\ammo dont work as have to

We wrote article about it (in russian) with lots of foto, parts on scales etc. link to article - https://alibuy.biz/2019/10/14/trifox100mm/

View attachment 1301889

View attachment 1301891

View attachment 1301893

View attachment 1301895

View attachment 1301897

#4 · (Edited)
i would not have a problem ordering from them they help develop the molds for several chinese sourced carbon bikes from some well known brands.
Wish they would not do the extra weave outer coat.
Oh yea, when I was researching chinese made carbon road bike I registerd with alibaba.com. Don' t give your email address to alibaba.com. It will overload your mail address with spam. Just a few hours after registering with them.
Someone told me that and I thought oh well, I have a spam filter. Well, u need a spam filter on steroids.....

#6 ·
It uses a pretty standard model hanger. Probably one of the top-3 for availability judging from the picture. I have a half dozen of those in my spare hangers collection. Incidently the price point drops as the quantity increases.

#11 ·
Guitar Ted said:
Interesting. That bike looks very "niner-like". ;)
Sort of, but the geometry is not the same. There is a support inbetween the chainstay & seatstay on the non-drive side, probably for braking stiffness. The top-tube arch isn't that pronouced on the Air9; even on the XL model I saw. I don't see an EBB on that drawing either.

Run of the mill knock-off.

#13 ·
There is ALOT of info about the Asian made frames on the Road bike forums. QC is not as high on the frames but, they can be had for a song. Most guys are very happy with them. I wouldn't be scared of them one bit. May even be better than some of the name brands that are shaving weight off and making stuff TOO light.

#15 ·
Enoch said:
There is ALOT of info about the Asin made frames on the Road bike forums. QC is not as high on the frames but, they can be had for a song. Most guys are very happy with them.
I talked to a couple guys that ride road versions of these frames as well. They all seem very happy and I haven't heard of a failure either. Some of those guys drop a ton of money on the components for those frames as well.

#19 ·
Phil335 said:
Not 29ers though. I already checked. If you look at Hong Fu they have really great stuff there and thats where all the road bikers get their frames.
Correct...

Hong Fu is prolly gonna be the one to get frames from.

At that price point I'll prolly pony up and test one out. Hopefully around the end of 2010.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.