Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596
Results 9,501 to 9,503 of 9503
    mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by durhamguy View Post
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum and planning to buy a carbon frame to transfer components from my aluminum framed Bulls Copperhead 29 RSI. All Shimano Deore XT 2x11 drive-train and hubs, Fox 32 Float front fork. I'm hoping someone has built up a Chinese carbon frame with the following specs:

1) Headset angle <70 degrees
    2) top swing front derailleur
    3) 180mm brake rotors
    4) 100mm front travel fork
    5) clearance for 2.3 inch tires
    6) Optional 27mm seat post

This bike will be used primarily for mixed trail use on moderate single track with some XC.

Has anyone built-up a carbon frame with a similar configuration? If so, what model frame did you use?
    Last year i bought a used bike with a frame quite similar. All components are top, 100mm Rockshock SID and i really enjoy it. The 11 speeds is not for everyone. I like mine 28 front, 10-42 SRAM but my top speed suffers i can live with that. I bought it with 32 in front and it was not to my liking. It is a versatile bike depending where you ride select the proper tires and you should enjoy it. Mine is 22 pounds or 21 tubeless for a medium.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    My BXT arrived today via usps express, about 1 week after I ordered it, unbelievable! Usps made me sign for it too, which is good in my neighborhood. I haven't had a chance to unwrap it completely, but I did check the size and yes, they did send me their XL which is what I ordered.
    carry clippers! cut something off the trail every time you ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    BXT update: I had my shop/team guy look at it, he thought it looked good, clean inside the tubes as far as we could see as well. 1380g on his scale, which matches the weight on my fish scale, this is size XL.

Someone had a question about tire clearance; this is a Specialized Ground Control 2.3 (measures 2.2 actual at the edge of the side knobs, on an old Stans rim), there's still room for a 6mm hex wrench on either side of the chainstays, there's more room on the seatstays.

The seatpost clamp fits nicely, and the seatpost fit in just right.

I put the quick release dropouts in (2 little bolts to change from thru to qr), and due to the thickness of the dropouts I had to remove the QR end to get the wheel on, - you'll want a wider QR shaft if going that route. The wheels I'll be putting on are have Hope Pro2Evo hubs so I think I can adapt to thru from QR very easily.
    first photo is seatstays, 2nd is chainstays.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-bxt-seatstays.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-bxt-chainstays.jpg  

carry clippers! cut something off the trail every time you ride.

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596

Members who have read this thread: 605