Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596 LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,500 of 9582
    mtbr member
    May 2012
    Bought the Tideace M009 and just thinking I could run a 30t absolute black oval instead of a round 32t? Think I would have any clearance issues?

all your base
    It may be close, I am having to put my oval 32T absolute Black ring on outside of an old set my shimano 3x cranks. You may have better clearance with a different crank/bb setup. Neat frame though. Still putting mine together but the quality was better than I expected.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Cool, I think I will just go with a round 32t. Prime, could you do me a favor and measure the clearance for a tire on the frame? I know it is supposed to be 2.1, but everyone's measurements are different for tire width.

all your base
    The frame is at the LBS for brakes/bleed, I would be happy to measure when I get it back (next week?). For what it's worth, I put a set of 24mm ID rims with Racing Ralphs on there and it looked like there was room for slightly more tire. Overall the frame looks quite sharp!

mtbr member
    May 2012
    No worries, I thought it would be a while until I got my frame but it looks like it shipped.

Oh, and what size RaRa? 2.1 or 2.25?

all your base
    That would be important information! It was a 2.1 RaRa, I'm hoping my 2.25's squeeze in there too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    Hey guys. Recently demo'd a Scott Spark RC 900 Pro and absolutely loved it, by far the best bike I have ridden yet. So I am looking to get as close as possible with a Chinese frame. Which would you guys recommend? I am currently looking at the Hongfu FM258, Carbonspeed CS-FS29, Light Carbon LCFS911, Dengfu M06, and the iPlay IP-FS029. Don't know much about the different suppliers.

Shenzhen Hongfu Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.

CS-FS29 full suspension mtb 29er frame carbon bicycle frame - Xiamen Carbon Speed Sport Goods Co.,Ltd

29ER Full Suspension XC Carbon Frame LCFS911-LightCarbon

29ER M06- Dengfu Sports Equipment Co.Ltd

2018 newest Scott 29er full suapension carbon fiber mtb frame IP-FS029-Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods Co.,Ltd.

chasing simplicity
    The Shenzhen looks closest in geometry to my eyes but the 142x12 rear axle is a nonstarter. Just from a quick scan the others donít seem anywhere near as close to the frame specs of the Spark 900 RC. Not a recommendation, just an observation.
    Never underestimate an old man with a mountain bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Can somebody tell me if it is possible to run a dropper post on the Tideace FM-M009? I mean is the seat tube connected with the down tube at the bottom bracket and open to route the cable? Cheers!

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMay View Post
    The Shenzhen looks closest in geometry to my eyes but the 142x12 rear axle is a nonstarter. Just from a quick scan the others donít seem anywhere near as close to the frame specs of the Spark 900 RC. Not a recommendation, just an observation.
    Why is the non-boost a nonstarter?
    I also just demo'ed a Scott Spark RC 900 Team and really liked the suspension kinematics compared to the Top Fuel I tried. Less pedal bob, supportive and still supple.
    The Shenzhen geo looks near spot-on. I found that xmi bike a while ago also. It's strange no one in the internet realm seems to have tried a similar frame...

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I saw a reply on a another forum (either weight weenies or chiner town) and apparently the Shenzen is going to be available in boost in May, so I will probably be holding off until then. But yea, I am not sure why so many people believe non-boost is such a big deal. I mean, if I was buying a $8000 bike, I would want boost for the resale value. But I am not, I am buying an open mold chinese frame, so I am not sure why it is such a deal breaker. It's not like people were incapable of racing on (and winning on) 29er XC racing bikes before the marketing trick, I mean engineering innovation, that is boost.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    guys, Shenzhen is a city
    the company you're referring to is called Hongfu

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Shenzhen is indeed a city haha
    So let's refer to them as Hongfu indeed.

A properly done handmade wheel which is not boost can be stiffer than a 'regular' boost wheel. If you get your non-boost wheels laced up by a professional, stiffness is not an issue at all. This is why it is one of the least important factors to me when looking at a bike. You are right resell value does take a hit though.
    And yes, this is based on experience.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Boost can and usually does allow for more rear tire space. So you might be able to run wider rims with a 29 x 2.5 or 2.6 tire . . .or a 27.5+ wheel and 2.8 tire.
    This can make your bike tunable for different terrains. And more versatility is something I'd pick over less.
    Say if you normally ride flatter trails and want to setup for speed. And then you want to try your bike in mountainy or hilly terrain on vacation.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    That's a good point! Of course, frame design with non-boost also enables better tire clearance, but your statement makes sense.
    Luckily some of these manufacturers list tire clearance on their websites, but I found conflicting information on the Hongfu frame for example. They say 142 axle and 2.2" max but further down say 2.3" max and boost is possible...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    It would be useful to fit a XR2 2.35 Team on a 35mm inner carbon rim wheel at least. Room would especially be wanted if you're going to encounter any muddy conditions where frame protection of some sort is recommended.

all your base
    Quote Originally Posted by Freeflyer82 View Post
    Can somebody tell me if it is possible to run a dropper post on the Tideace FM-M009? I mean is the seat tube connected with the down tube at the bottom bracket and open to route the cable? Cheers!
    It can, I have threaded the cable housing on mine to confirm. There are three ports for internal routing (there are no guide tubes within the frame, only ports). Two on the left side of the head-tube and one on the right. If your shifter is on the right (1x drivetrain), then the shifter and the rear brake will go through ports on the left side of the head tube. The dropper can be run from the left handlebar to the right port. There is a nice access door under the BB to help with cable routing as well.
    Dropper post options for 27.2 are improving, I am going to install the BrandX 110mm post in mine.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Thanks! Has somebody ever tried fitting a rocket ron or racing ralph 2.25 in the FM009? They say that 2.1 is the biggest tyre the frame can handle.

all your base
    Quote Originally Posted by yourrealdad View Post
    Cool, I think I will just go with a round 32t. Prime, could you do me a favor and measure the clearance for a tire on the frame? I know it is supposed to be 2.1, but everyone's measurements are different for tire width.
    m009 Clearance with 2.1 RaRa, 24mm IID rims. Roughly 11mm of clearance on each side at the chainstay. I think the 2.25 RaRa will probably fit ok.

Chinese Carbon 29er-20180318_180434.jpg
    Chinese Carbon 29er-20180318_180406.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Awesome!! Thanks for the pics. I went with a 2.1 just to be safe, but when it wears out I will try a 2.25. Can't wait for my frame to get here.

all your base
    Awesome!! Thanks for the pics. I went with a 2.1 just to be safe, but when it wears out I will try a 2.25. Can't wait for my frame to get here.
    No probs! Just putting finishing touches on tonight, really like the way it went together.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocyraptor View Post
    Hey guys. Recently demo'd a Scott Spark RC 900 Pro and absolutely loved it, by far the best bike I have ridden yet. So I am looking to get as close as possible with a Chinese frame. Which would you guys recommend? I am currently looking at the Hongfu FM258, Carbonspeed CS-FS29, Light Carbon LCFS911, Dengfu M06, and the iPlay IP-FS029. Don't know much about the different suppliers.

Shenzhen Hongfu Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.

CS-FS29 full suspension mtb 29er frame carbon bicycle frame - Xiamen Carbon Speed Sport Goods Co.,Ltd

29ER Full Suspension XC Carbon Frame LCFS911-LightCarbon

29ER M06- Dengfu Sports Equipment Co.Ltd

2018 newest Scott 29er full suapension carbon fiber mtb frame IP-FS029-Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods Co.,Ltd.
    So, the most compelling buy would be on Aliexpress for me. It appears a safer buying environment. Tideace sells this exact bike you are linking, together with all the other manufacturers. They all have access to the design it seems.

It says 66.9 head angle. But based on a customer picture from the Tideace reviews, I measured exactly 71 degrees. Other manufacturers also list 66.9.
    And in terms of tire clearance, my understanding is that two different swingarms allow for different tire clearances:
    1. Non-boost for 29er, max 2.25" (I have seen 2.1" max elsewhere though)
    2. Boost for 650b 2.8" or 29er 2.3"

Tideace Link:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2017....html?spm=2114

Boost frame link, different manufacturer:
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TRIP....html?spm=2114

mtbr member
    Just wanted to toss it out there. I have a Medium Ican P8 frame that will be coming for sale. Thinking 400.00 plus actual shipping from bikeflights.

Dropshot Champ!
    still waiting on a santa cruz highball clone, or something with longer reach for a large hardtail.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    still waiting on a santa cruz highball clone, or something with longer reach for a large hardtail.
    The WW 062 is pretty darn close. HA, chainstays are all the same, reach is a bit longer on the 062. I have one setup as a SS with a 120mm Sid (69.5 degree head angle) and love it.

WCB-M-062(29er)-workswellbikes

chasing simplicity
    Quote Originally Posted by olivierhacking View Post
    Why is the non-boost a nonstarter?
    Because it will really limit the wheel sets you can use in the future when 142 goes the way of 135 quick release. Many of the newer wheelsets already donít even offer 142 anymore.

Dropshot Champ!
    Quote Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    The WW 062 is pretty darn close. HA, chainstays are all the same, reach is a bit longer on the 062. I have one setup as a SS with a 120mm Sid (69.5 degree head angle) and love it.

Short and old school geo. HTA and STA are off. I've ridden a WW 062.

Don't they suffer from tire clearance issues as well?

Long time adopter of Chiner's, the WW062 just doesn't do it for me.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    Short and old school geo. HTA and STA are off. I've ridden a WW 062.

Don't they suffer from tire clearance issues as well?

Long time adopter of Chiner's, the WW062 just doesn't do it for me.
    I get it if it isn't for you after a test ride but the geo isn't really old school, not when comparing it to the Highball. The HTA is exactly the same as the Highball 29". The WW-062 is based off of a 497 a2c (90mm) fork while the Highball is based off a 505mm (100mm) fork. Putting a 100mm fork on the 062 will slacken it out by roughly .5 degrees making it 70.5 just like the Highball. That will also slacken the STA out a bit but it will still be steeper than the Highball which is a good thing if you're looking for modern. The TT is longer on the Highball by 5mm but the reach is longer on the 062. I would like to ride a Highball back to back with mine to see how they compare. Or maybe I wouldn't, that could get expensive.

All that's on paper though. I would like to see something along the lines of the Transition Vanquish. I guess some of the 29+ frames with multiple rear axle positions are close.

mtbr member
    I just put a 120mm Reba on my 062. It brought the HTA to 69.6. I didn't realize how much a 20mm increase would change the bike. I had to rotate my bar forward and tilt the saddle down to get them to where they were when I had the 100mm Fox.

As for tire clearance...WW lists the rear as being able to take up to a 2.3. I've seen guys put a 27.5x2.8 in the rear. I'm using a 2.25 Rocket Ron so no issues for me.

I believe the 062's geo is based of a 2015 Stumpjumper hardtail.

The 062 has a reach of 414 in a medium. Its an XC bike...how much more reach is necessary on an XC bike? I use a 66mm Flatforce stem. Not sure I want more reach and have to move to a 50mm stem.

Chinese Carbon 29er-img_20180318_190442_hht.jpg

Dropshot Champ!
    Good catch on the a2c differences! The highball was probably a bad example to put out there, just looking for something a bit longer, and a hair slacker, without resorting to a 120.

I think you're eyeing WW-062 "SA" when you should be looking at "SA1" on the geo chart, though. Which explains the longer reach measurements, in comparison. I could be wrong though.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Does anyone know if a Chinese carbon clone of a Niner Air 9 RDO is available?

Dropshot Champ!
    https://www.santacruzbicycles.com/en-US/highball-29

The new highball dropped today. check the geo

mtbr member
    Here is Rocky Mountain's new Vertex, https://www.pinkbike.com/news/rocky-...rtex-2019.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    sweet paint job

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Just got my Tideace FM-M009 in Monday. Weight is 1171g with 12x142 setup for a 19". Sweet looking frame and can't wait to start building it up.

Other part weights if anyone is curious:

Headset: 74g (with out carbon fork expander) +58g with that
    PF30 BB: 147g
    Thru Axle: 80g (and appears to be a E-thru style. I will confirm when my E thru axle shows up and either fits or doesn't, but pitch is 1.5mm and 170mm long axle)

The thread length is about 20mm which seems to be a bit longer than most axles. Don't know if that will make a difference.
    Last edited by yourrealdad; 03-23-2018 at 09:40 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    Here is Rocky Mountain's new Vertex, https://www.pinkbike.com/news/rocky-...rtex-2019.html
    Just got this Vertex for $450. It has never been ridden. It had a paint blemish, nothing structural.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    If anyone is interested, 057 chinese carbon hard tail for sale:

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/15709670/

https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb15709683/p4pb15709683.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a carbon fork for my build and wondered where is the best place to get one from? Its to go on an On One Scandal 29 frame that I've been promising myself I'll build up from gravel/adventure duties as I cant ride off road atm due to back issues.

TIA

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    any, except from Miraclebike
    the beefier, the better

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayhigh View Post
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a carbon fork for my build and wondered where is the best place to get one from? Its to go on an On One Scandal 29 frame that I've been promising myself I'll build up from gravel/adventure duties as I cant ride off road atm due to back issues.

TIA
    I've been using one of these for a couple of years on my SS. It has one summer of trail riding on it then a couple winters of gravel / road use without any issues. Mine came from WorksWell not BXT though. WW is double the price now and I've had good luck with my daughters from that I got from BXT. Here is a link for both.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29ER-Carbon....c100009.m1982

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Low-price-f...oAAOSwix9ZksGu

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    @BXCc Thanks for the links

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    hey guys,

Aliexpress had a special a couple days ago on "BXT" mtb frames. I bought a frame for $243 aud shipped.
    Has anyone heard of BXT?
    I'm not sure if this link will work https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...311.0.0.t4HNks

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I think you'll find that most people are now after more "modern" geometry, slacker head angles etc - and aren't interested in frames with 71.5 degree head angles. That might explain the good deal.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spewing View Post
    hey guys,

Aliexpress had a special a couple days ago on "BXT" mtb frames. I bought a frame for $243 aud shipped.
    Has anyone heard of BXT?
    I'm not sure if this link will work https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2016...311.0.0.t4HNks
    I saw that too. It was under $200 shipped here in the US. I was tempted but I couldn't find a reason to build another bike right now. The HA appears steep at 71.5 but that's based off of a 80mm fork, so going with a 120mm would put it at 69.5 which isn't bad for an XC bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    ......The HA appears steep at 71.5 but that's based off of a 80mm fork, so going with a 120mm would put it at 69.5 which isn't bad for an XC bike.
    ...giving it a seat tube angle of 71.5. not bad for an xc bike? Also, dunno what that'd do to the BB height.

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    I saw that too. It was under $200 shipped here in the US. I was tempted but I couldn't find a reason to build another bike right now. The HA appears steep at 71.5 but that's based off of a 80mm fork, so going with a 120mm would put it at 69.5 which isn't bad for an XC bike.
    I bought it because it was $243 aud shipped. I only have a hardtail at the moment, next step will be a dualie... but seriously, $240 shipped why the hell not? :P

I was really hoping others pulled the trigger along with me!

Keep on Rockin...
    I'm late to the party.

Any one making one of these HT frames in Boost, with good clearance for a 2.3", built around a 100mm fork?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    yes
    you'll have to ask the manufacturer in person about whether or not there's room for 29x2.3
    most of the Chinese boost frames fit 27x3, though if that tells you anything
    you're unlikely to find one for $250, however, as this is trendy and rather new stuff

you can find most of them using this search: https://www.google.ru/search?q=carbon+boost+frame+mtb
    Don't forget to visit some of the merchants' own sites: Hongfu, Yishunbike/Lightcarbon, Workswell, etc. too as they may not be indexed by Google

finally, you can ask here: 29er/27,5+ boost frame

Keep on Rockin...
    Quote Originally Posted by bruto View Post
    yes
    you'll have to ask the manufacturer in person about whether or not there's room for 29x2.3
    most of the Chinese boost frames fit 27x3, though if that tells you anything
    you're unlikely to find one for $250, however, as this is trendy and rather new stuff

you can find most of them using this search: https://www.google.ru/search?q=carbon+boost+frame+mtb
    Don't forget to visit some of the merchants' own sites: Hongfu, Yishunbike/Lightcarbon, Workswell, etc. too as they may not be indexed by Google

finally, you can ask here: 29er/27,5+ boost frame

Cool. Thanks.

The more I think about this I'm more likely to just dip a toe into this market and use an older wheel set that is 142, or even my SS rear wheel - and make sure all works out.

Geometry is what seems to be pretty far off on these bikes. Short reach, steep HTA, slacker STAs with a 100mm fork.

Any frames out there with a bit more progressive geo? I'm cool with sizing up as I have really long levers, but the sub-73 STA doesn't work well for me.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    you know you can adjust effective STA by moving the saddle, right?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Hi Gang. I'm looking for a hard tail carbon frame to do a ground up build but there is a lot to take in. I'm riding an '07 Rockhopper 26er and don't even know what qualifies as "modern geometry".

I ride mostly XC, lots of exposed roots, small drops, jumps when possible. I'm forever hitting the pedals in turns so maybe need a higher BB? I also like to wheelie every chance I get so shorter chainstays a plus. I'd also like to upgrade to a 120mm fork.
    5'11" and 180-190lbs depending if tacos are in season!

Can somebody suggest a frame or two that I should be considering? Either 27.5 or 29er is fine. My 26er has a bit of trouble keeping up in group rides but I love how flickable it is. Just want to build a fast, agile, light wheelie machine!

Thx

mtbr member
    Iíve been looking at this boost frame by Carbon Speed:

27.5+/29"/29+ plus mtb frame

Lots of folks on this forum have had good customer service experiences with this company mainly for their wheels but also their frames. But I havenít heard from anyone that has tried this particular frame that is boost and fits plus sized tires. Head tube has a 68.5 angle and the chain stays seem short enough, overall it is a pretty modern design similar to the Salsa Woodsmoke.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Thatís a nice looking frame, but a little spendy for me. Iíd like to spend $300 with shipping.

That deal posted above sounds great but is over. Ill see about setting up an alert.

mtbr member
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by sharp21 View Post
    Hi Gang. I'm looking for a hard tail carbon frame to do a ground up build but there is a lot to take in. I'm riding an '07 Rockhopper 26er and don't even know what qualifies as "modern geometry".

I ride mostly XC, lots of exposed roots, small drops, jumps when possible. I'm forever hitting the pedals in turns so maybe need a higher BB? I also like to wheelie every chance I get so shorter chainstays a plus. I'd also like to upgrade to a 120mm fork.
    5'11" and 180-190lbs depending if tacos are in season!

Can somebody suggest a frame or two that I should be considering? Either 27.5 or 29er is fine. My 26er has a bit of trouble keeping up in group rides but I love how flickable it is. Just want to build a fast, agile, light wheelie machine!

Thx
    Looks like a Trek Stache frame!

Keep on Rockin...
    you know you can adjust effective STA by moving the saddle, right?
    Yeah. I've come to dig the steeper STAs. So on bikes with a 72-73 I'm slamming the rails forward, and it would be nice to have some room for play.

But, when you do the math the difference even between a 72 and 75 STA on a large with seat at close to full extension you are looking at only about a 3/4" difference in seat placement.

Thanks for the Carbon Speed tip. Looks like I found something there that may work.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    When ordering a frame to the US are there further import tariffs to pay on arrival? I want to make sure to plan for all costs.

Keep on Rockin...

This bike fits the bill except for that darn 27.2 seat post.

Being a dropper post addict, a larger diameter post is a necessity.

Hopefully they'll come out with a different seat tube size.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    They make dropper posts in 27.2

mtbr member
    Jan 2018
    anyone here build an FM-M068 frame (one w assymetric chainstays)? I like that is spec'd as 67 degree HA. Listings do not give reach and stack but I got former from manufacturer.

Keep on Rockin...
    They make dropper posts in 27.2
    Yeah, but thats not what my garage has in stock right now.

And being dropper posts are likely to cost more than the frame itself I'd rather use what I have.

Seems like every time I come across a frame that checks all the boxes there is one no-go feature that is a deal breaker.

mtbr member
    When ordering a frame to the US are there further import tariffs to pay on arrival? I want to make sure to plan for all costs.
    Most of the sellers take it on them to make sure you have no extra numbers to pay. If you hire a lawyer though they'll find extra numbers for you and give the sellers a shit-eating punch.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spewing View Post
    hey guys,

Has anyone heard of BXT?
    Yes I bought two of these. At $188/frame it was irresistible. I'll build up for friends or craigslist.

I bought three of these in Christmas and just got them two weeks ago, then ordered two more on the special. Expect a LONG wait time (unless they mass-produced a new batch and it took them a while).

Just make sure your Aliexpress insurance period doesn't end on you before you get the frames. It will be a while.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Hi there!

I'm currently thinking about building up a Tideace M009 as a backup bike. I would like to do that with a lefty. I have to take the 21 inch frame, my lefty has a distance of 137 mm between the two bridges (Lefty Hybrid).
    Does anyone know if that will fit?

Kind regards from Germany!

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    7mm isn't much
    check FSA's and Cane Creek's drawings for stack heights of available headsets

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Yes, your are right.
    Therefore I decided to look for another frame. Suggestions are welcome ;-)

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    one that will certainly fit your Lefty and even a smaller size one is Voice Rhapsody from Taiwan
    but it doesn't come in XL and costs quite a bit

just go to chinertown and check out every frame model you see mentioned there
    or here

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    I did so already. Seems that Workwell has some frames which fit my needs. But only one ist listed at Ali. Sent a mail...

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Aliexpress isn't the only sales channel Chinese merchants use
    Workswell have their own site and are also present on ebay as http://stores.ebay.com/SOBATO-Bicycle

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    Thank you!
    I will have a look!

I just got the information in an german forum, that a guy recently built up this combination of frame and Lefty and it works. So maybe I have a solution :-D

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhorium View Post
    Hello all. I'm about to order a IP-057 frame, but need some guidance with the sizing. I'm 180cm tall, with approx. 88 cm inseam. I'm currently riding on a 19" Grand Canyon AL 29 (with 70mm stem), and intend to re-use most of the parts from my current bike.
    I'm a bit concerned that the 17,5" IP-057 will be a little on the small side, and concerned that my current fork won't fit the 19" IP-057 due to the longer head tube.
    I also see that the seat tube angle is different from my current bike, how will that affect the sizing?

One more thing: I have a SRAM X.0 crankset with a GXP bottom bracket. Is it best to order the frame with BSA threads, and use a standard outboard GXP bottom bracket?
    Or use a third party adapter for BB30 to GXP? (KCNC/RWC BB30 to GXP BB Adapter with Enduro ZERO Bearings)

Attachment 836176
    I have a similar issue. Im 5'6.2"(168.2cm) with a 31"(78.7cm) inseam. I have seen the sizing chart(link below) and Im looking for help on sizing as Im between a small and medium. The thing that concerns me on the medium is the standover height (31.7"/805.7cm), but I wanted see what cs-057 owners have to say.

sizing chart
    Hot Sale Full Carbon Frame Bicycle Carbon Mtb Frame 29 For 135mm Qr/142*12mm Axle Bsa/bb30 - Buy Mtb Frame,Carbon Mtb Frame,Carbon Mtb Frame 29 Product on Alibaba.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2018

M-003 frame

Just "trying" sharing a picture of my SmileTeam M-003 frame. It is a medium size 29er but here has 27.5 wheels with a 140mm fork (511mm a to c). The BB is too low (60mm drop) for a 27.5er but it is tolerable on the terrain I cover. Ride quality is fantastic, really unbelievably compliant and vibration dampened compared to the cheap generic aluminum frame it replaced. My rough measures have the HTA at 69 degrees and the effective STA at 72 degrees with this setup. Will probably install an asymmetric bearing set to bring the HTA to 67 degrees and some 165mm cranks and be largely finished. Excellent frame for the money.

[img]https://www.flickr.com/photos/bcc195...posted-public/[img]
    Last edited by gliderboy; 04-21-2018 at 09:26 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo90802 View Post
    I have a similar issue. Im 5'6.2"(168.2cm) with a 31"(78.7cm) inseam. I have seen the sizing chart(link below) and Im looking for help on sizing as Im between a small and medium. The thing that concerns me on the medium is the standover height (31.7"/805.7cm), but I wanted see what cs-057 owners have to say.

sizing chart
    Hot Sale Full Carbon Frame Bicycle Carbon Mtb Frame 29 For 135mm Qr/142*12mm Axle Bsa/bb30 - Buy Mtb Frame,Carbon Mtb Frame,Carbon Mtb Frame 29 Product on Alibaba.com
    I am about 2cm taller than you. Not sure of my inseam, but I don't have disproportionately short legs for my height. I run a seatpost at a height of 69.5cm from the middle of the BB to the middle of the saddle rails, with 170mm cranks.

I bought the 15.5 inch 057 four years ago. I am happy with the sizing. I run it with a 90mm stem, 635mm bars (I do a lot of commuting on it), a zero setback seatpost with the saddle reasonably centred forward-aft on the seatpost. I still ride it to work (about 200 up back commutes a year) and occasionally convert it for an epic ride, marathon or xc event.

I recently upsized when I built up a full suspension xc race bike this year. It has nearly 30mm more reach in the frame. On that one, I am running a 70mm stem, wider bars, and a more forward saddle position. Despite the differences, I also like the sizing on that one, and it seems to handle pretty well too.

Even though I still like my 057 hardtail, if I did it again, I'd probably go up a size and run a 10mm shorter stem (at 80mm, that still wouldn't be that short), and also consider running the saddle a few mm forward. I am gonna have a closer look at my bike setup/fit - maybe I should be running the saddle a bit further forward on that slack-for-2018 72.5 degree seat tube.

I don't reckon you could go wrong with either one. At only 10mm diff in length, the diff between a small and medium 057 is about as negligible as you are going to find on just about any model bike.

mtbr member
    Delete

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    You re-read my post, huh?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sclyde2 View Post
    You re-read my post, huh?
    Yes. Still laying in bed. Just woke up. Lol

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by carbonazza View Post
    I read you somewhere ( with Google translate ) that with a 1x drivetrain, it was limited to a 32 chainring?
    Is it true? There is no room for a 34 or higher?
    I put a shimano m8000 with J&L 38T

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Looking for chinese carbon mtb frame to build dedicated single speed. I'm a little unclear about all the different bottom bracket options.
    What is a good frame/eccentric bb combo?

mtbr member
    BB30 or PF30 and a Beer Components EBB is what seems to be the hot setup.

I lost track of this thread around page 50, any newer frames with shorter stays, Canfield style?

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Aside from elevated chainstay models that resemble the Stache, no.

There also doesn't appear to be a proper modern geometry model out yet, either. Reach is still fairly short.
    GIS/GPS Pro using ArcFM for Utility Mapping - Always willing to connect with other MTBers in the industry.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    slowly creeping there: WCB-M-162-workswellbikes
    But probably not gonna make a cheaper EPO as it likely won't sell in hundreds and thousands so why bother

If you want an EPO, buy an EPO

chasing simplicity
    Looks like the Hongfu Spark model in boost is now available. Very close geo to RC 900. 1950g. $806 shipped.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018...854379761.html

Attachment 1196235

Dropshot Champ!
    slowly creeping there: WCB-M-162-workswellbikes
    But probably not gonna make a cheaper EPO as it likely won't sell in hundreds and thousands so why bother

If you want an EPO, buy an EPO
    Wow, rad. Getting there..small steps.

Thanks for posting!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I'm looking at those BXT mtb 015s for $267 shipped on ebay, the Tideace is only slightly more and appears to have a more modern ht angle.
    I'm looking to lighten up my kids bike a bit, it's a Titan 'carbon 29r team' frame (xl), and ready to race it's just under 25 pounds. He's 14, 6'3" and riding an XL, hopefully he won't outgrow an xl! He'll use it for xc racing, not heavy stuff, just suffering on xc courses. The Titan has good parts, I was/am looking at used race bikes, and it appears that I'm going to have to spend $2k to get a sub 23 pound bike, I understand the Titan is a heavy frame (I have not torn it down to weight it yet), but it's tempting to try a BXT or Tideace to try to save some bit of weight for less than $300. XL looks to limit my choices a bit.
    Any recent reports from you guys with the XL sizes?
    carry clippers! cut something off the trail every time you ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimPacNW View Post
    I'm looking at those BXT mtb 015s for $267 shipped on ebay, the Tideace is only slightly more and appears to have a more modern ht angle.
    I'm looking to lighten up my kids bike a bit, it's a Titan 'carbon 29r team' frame (xl), and ready to race it's just under 25 pounds. He's 14, 6'3" and riding an XL, hopefully he won't outgrow an xl! He'll use it for xc racing, not heavy stuff, just suffering on xc courses. The Titan has good parts, I was/am looking at used race bikes, and it appears that I'm going to have to spend $2k to get a sub 23 pound bike, I understand the Titan is a heavy frame (I have not torn it down to weight it yet), but it's tempting to try a BXT or Tideace to try to save some bit of weight for less than $300. XL looks to limit my choices a bit.
    Any recent reports from you guys with the XL sizes?
    I'm 6'2" and my brother is as well, we both ride 19", he actually rides the BXT/Tideace frame you're talking about. We're borderline, I recommend 80mm+ on the stem length and you'll have to play with the saddle a bit and get a 400mm seatpost. But it works. 21" frames in open mold are just hard to get, short Chinese people don't seem to realize that their North American counterparts are taller.

You're doing the right thing by getting a carbon frame and transferring parts over, IMO. Consider $20 chiner carbon seatposts and a $30 padded carbon saddle from Aliexpress too (search "carbon saddle" and sort by orders). Then add $1 20g eBay foam grips and a $25 85g Kalloy Uno stem and you're golden, you spend less than $100. All of that should drop you 2 pounds easily. Post up if you want links.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Iím also looking at a BXT-MTB-015. They are on for a great price at the moment.

Iím on the fence as to which size to get. Iím 5í11Ē or 181cm, which puts me on a 19Ē. My current bike (Rockhopper 26er) is 19.5Ē and is a touch small, but Iím worried the 20.5Ē will be too big.

Anyone have first hand experience with how these frames fit?

Iím looking to build a nice lightweight trail bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Iím also looking at a BXT-MTB-015. They are on for a great price at the moment.

Iím on the fence as to which size to get. Iím 5í11Ē or 181cm, which puts me on a 19Ē. My current bike (Rockhopper 26er) is 19.5Ē and is a touch small, but Iím worried the 20.5Ē will be too big.

Anyone have first hand experience with how these frames fit?

Iím looking to build a nice lightweight trail bike.

My brother has a 19" and I've ridden his bike as a 6'2" tall guy. It definitely puts me a little more upright than on my bike (which is also 19" but slacker and longer). I wouldn't say it's too small for me, but if I were going to do some serious riding on that bike I wouldn't mind a 20.5". If you're 5'11" I'd think you will be fully comfortable on a 19". My two cents.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    That's great, thanks. I'm gonna order one before the prices go back up.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    sissypants; thanks! Yes, I'm aware of the Uno stems, and I've got a nashbar 31.8 400mm seatpost on his current bike, the 27.2 looks pretty good too (friend has one), pretty solid reasonably light seatpost for $40. I could reuse my 31.8 if I go with the BXT, which has a 41cm longer seat tube if the specs are correct, - it looks like the BXT is the largest XL available in the low priced stuff, I'm heavily leaning that way. What really has me intrigued with the bxt is the ebay ad description: "100% kind shooting"!

Sharp21; can you use the specs pictured on the ebay listings to compare the tideace and bxt to your current frame to help you decide on size?

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jimPacNW View Post
    sissypants; thanks! Yes, I'm aware of the Uno stems, and I've got a nashbar 31.8 400mm seatpost on his current bike, the 27.2 looks pretty good too (friend has one), pretty solid reasonably light seatpost for $40. I could reuse my 31.8 if I go with the BXT, which has a 41cm longer seat tube if the specs are correct, - it looks like the BXT is the largest XL available in the low priced stuff, I'm heavily leaning that way. What really has me intrigued with the bxt is the ebay ad description: "100% kind shooting"!

Sharp21; can you use the specs pictured on the ebay listings to compare the tideace and bxt to your current frame to help you decide on size?
    I probably could, but I just rolled the dice and ordered it! Iíve been wanting to build a bike from scratch so am going to use this and build the best bike possible.

I can always swap components out down the road.

mtbr member
    Apr 2018

My new bike

bxt frame
    1x11
    drop post
    29x2.3 tires
    32 tooth chain ring
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-img_6789.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jmliii View Post
    bxt frame
    1x11
    drop post
    29x2.3 tires
    32 tooth chain ring
    looks great! What's it weigh?, which finish is that?

mtbr member
    Jan 2016
    bxt frame
    1x11
    drop post
    29x2.3 tires
    32 tooth chain ring
    Looks like 1 i bought used a year ago, i switched to a 28 ring much better for me (with the 10-42 cassette), enjoy !

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    bxt frame
    1x11
    drop post
    29x2.3 tires
    32 tooth chain ring
    Looks great, thanks for sharing! Iím also curious to know the weight. I donít ride anything that requires a dropper but I like that itíll take one if needed

mtbr member
    Apr 2018
    it is matte black. I didnt want paint on it because I am a little nervous and want to see any cracks. It weigh 24.8 lbs.

mtbr member
    bxt frame
    1x11
    drop post
    29x2.3 tires
    32 tooth chain ring
    Nice!! That's the build I was looking to do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    it is matte black. I didnt want paint on it because I am a little nervous and want to see any cracks. It weigh 24.8 lbs.
    Matte black is actually a light powder coating of black paint. If the frame isn't painted it looks a bit raw and unfinished--you would see "seams" where carbon pieces end. I once made the mistake of ordering a frame "unfinished and unpainted", which looked a bit uglier than expected and was cheaper, but didn't have that smooth and consistent black finish.

You don't need to worry about cracks failing to show through paint. If the cracks are structurally compromising, the paint will crack as well. I've seen even small and safe cracks due to cracked paint on a carbon frame of mine no problem.

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Ordered my BXT off eBay. Arrived in less than a week! Great service, and the best deal going right now Iíd say

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Ordered my BXT off eBay. Arrived in less than a week! Great service, and the best deal going right now Iíd say

Now with pics! It was packaged very well, looks perfect.

mtbr member
    Jun 2018
    Hello,

I'm new to the forum and planning to buy a carbon frame to transfer components from my aluminum framed Bulls Copperhead 29 RSI. All Shimano Deore XT 2x11 drive-train and hubs, Fox 32 Float front fork. I'm hoping someone has built up a Chinese carbon frame with the following specs:

1) Headset angle <70 degrees
    2) top swing front derailleur
    3) 180mm brake rotors
    4) 100mm front travel fork
    5) clearance for 2.3 inch tires
    6) Optional 27mm seat post

This bike will be used primarily for mixed trail use on moderate single track with some XC.

Has anyone built-up a carbon frame with a similar configuration? If so, what model frame did you use?

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Durhamguy: I'm doing a somewhat similar thing do what you're doing, I'm also familiar with Bulls, I bought one of their Wild Edge Team bikes last summer, so I'm a bit familiar with the modern 2x, - the copperhead looked to be a great value.

I was stuck comparing between the Tideace and the BXT because my kid (who's frame we're upgrading) is 6'3" and we need an XL, those two look to be the only cheap ones that do XL. Neither of those are slacker than 70, but from what I've read a 120mm fork should get you just under 70, a 100mm should be 70. It looks to me that if you want to spend less than $300 you're stuck with 70deg head tubes, the more modern geo will cost you more, - but I haven't researched really really deep.

You should consider converting to 1x with the new frame; apparently the XT crank is the same for 1x or 2x, and you just get a chainring intended for 1x that sits a bit more in between your existing rings and that's it. Your Bulls probably has an 11-40 rr, a 30 up front would be fine for everything but paved descents, and if you don't have a lot of really steep climbs you could easily run a 32 front.
    I wouldn't get hung up on seatpost size, they are so cheap. A larger size will give you more dropper options if you decide you need one but 27.2 droppers are available, the Tideace specs a 27.2 btw.

I've got a BXT frame on the way (it was just a little bigger than the Tideace), I intend to post some follow ups with weight, tire clearance, etc when it arrives.

Members who have read this thread: 746