Page 9 of 186 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
Results 401 to 450 of 9264
  1. #401
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    629
    Bump

    Can anyone who has bought one of these frame and had a few weeks to ride it submit a review please.

    Also keen to know what size tire will fit.

    May be keen to make a purchase after cracking my frame on the weekend.

    Lapierre XR29ei, Chris King LB Carbon, XTR 1 X 10
    Planet X Dirty Harry
    Chiner 29er SS

  2. #402
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,816
    LOL at the guys bashing these frames when you're probably already riding something made in china.

    For anybody that wants more reassurance go have a look through this thread and see all the happy customers and sick builds. And this is the 5TH massive thread since these frames started getting popular, its nothing new or untested. These mountain frames are coming from the same factories and sellers. My bike is on page 23 IIRC, if you want to see my results. If there was a carbon 29er that satisfied my current geometry desires (<17" chainstays) I'd already have one on the way.

    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=241785

  3. #403
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,648
    I'm interested in a Chinese carbon 29er.

    Information is scattered all over about them. Would be nice to have all details in one thread.

  4. #404
    West Chester, PA
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    3,816
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    I'm interested in a Chinese carbon 29er.

    Information is scattered all over about them. Would be nice to have all details in one thread.
    Since they did it at RBR they'd probably do it here. Funny thing is that those threads on RBR have really done a lot for those vendors in china, and they don't pay a dime or sponsor the site. I'd say the china carbon road bike thing is officially a "craze" now. Only thing that doesn't sit well with me is the people buying the pinarello copies and having them painted to look like the real thing. Just don't get why somebody would be so insecure that they would do that to impress people on a group ride or whatever.

  5. #405
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    119
    I can't understand the Chinarello thing at all. I'm sure the frames are nice and certainly great for the money but people shouldn't pretend it's something it's not. It's rediculously cheesy.

    I bought one of the chinese frames (after researching the heck out of it on RBR) direct from the factory and couldn't be happier. Very inexpensive and well made. It actually rides pretty well so I'm quite happy. $425 for a frame/headset/fork/carbon spacers, 3 derailleur hangers all shipped to my house.

    I would have chosen different geometry possibly but it wasn't really that important to me as road isn't my passion.

    The geometry and lack of testers has kept me from a chinese carbon 29er so far. I'm sure it'll change however.

  6. #406
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    562
    Quote Originally Posted by xcbarny
    Bump

    Can anyone who has bought one of these frame and had a few weeks to ride it submit a review please.

    Also keen to know what size tire will fit.

    May be keen to make a purchase after cracking my frame on the weekend.

    Lets hear more about the cracked frame. Inquiring minds want to know.

  7. #407
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by 92gli
    LOL at the guys bashing these frames when you're probably already riding something made in china.

    For anybody that wants more reassurance go have a look through this thread and see all the happy customers and sick builds. And this is the 5TH massive thread since these frames started getting popular, its nothing new or untested. These mountain frames are coming from the same factories and sellers. My bike is on page 23 IIRC, if you want to see my results. If there was a carbon 29er that satisfied my current geometry desires (<17" chainstays) I'd already have one on the way.

    http://forums.roadbikereview.com/sho...d.php?t=241785
    True. I would ignore the bashers. These are the same people who do not have a clue how to put a computer together that is why they buy a prebuilt Dell since it is made in the USA.

  8. #408
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    29

    jbc lightning

    this is the one i want, a bit more that the other frames. They show on the companies web site they offer a 19", the only one i can find is a 16" on e-bay, which is too small for me. I want to do one of these rigid, has anyone done one yet??

    FWIW, i am a regular at RBR, and am new here. I ride a full carbon TT bike from Taiwan, so i am not shilling or bashing, same screen name there, slowtwitch, beginner triathlete and RBR, haha !!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-jbc-pic.jpg  


  9. #409
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudedog55
    this is the one i want, a bit more that the other frames. They show on the companies web site they offer a 19", the only one i can find is a 16" on e-bay, which is too small for me. I want to do one of these rigid, has anyone done one yet??

    FWIW, i am a regular at RBR, and am new here. I ride a full carbon TT bike from Taiwan, so i am not shilling or bashing, same screen name there, slowtwitch, beginner triathlete and RBR, haha !!!!
    Who makes this frame?

  10. #410
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    So has anyone built one up yet? Any pics?

  11. #411
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil335
    Who makes this frame?
    from what i can tell, it is made by JBC, i can only find one seller and he is on ebay and only has the 16" frames, it is very close to the Deng Fu FM038, but the Deng Fu is not quite the same, rear brake mount is different, heat tube is different
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-2011-deng-fu-small.jpg  


  12. #412
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudedog55
    this is the one i want, a bit more that the other frames. They show on the companies web site they offer a 19", the only one i can find is a 16" on e-bay, which is too small for me. I want to do one of these rigid, has anyone done one yet??

    FWIW, i am a regular at RBR, and am new here. I ride a full carbon TT bike from Taiwan, so i am not shilling or bashing, same screen name there, slowtwitch, beginner triathlete and RBR, haha !!!!
    Is that a 29er?
    Lapierre XR29ei, Chris King LB Carbon, XTR 1 X 10
    Planet X Dirty Harry
    Chiner 29er SS

  13. #413
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    So far from what we have all seen who has the best frame? Quality, geometry etc.

    I think that tomorrow I'm going to order a from from Jenny at Hong Fu. I'm going to get a 17.5", 12K with the Matte finish.

    Any thoughts?

  14. #414
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by xcbarny
    Is that a 29er?
    actually the JBC is not, it is designed as a 26, but i have seen another from them that is equipped as a 29er and there seems to be plenty of clearance for the tires. I do not know what it will do to the geometry, nor what axle to crown it is designed for, the guy i saw, used a Trigon 26 mtb fork with 29er wheels, i know that works, it is what i have on my newly front disc equipped CX bike.

    the Deng Fu is designed as a 29er.

  15. #415
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishlips
    Lets hear more about the cracked frame. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Not the frames fault. I rode a 6Hr Enduro at the weekend, which had the thickest clingiest mud I've ever experienced.

    Got chronic chainsuck by the second lap. Cleaned it down and got it running smooth again, but 2 mins into my next lap the chainsuck was back, so I stuck it in the big ring. That worked fine for a while, but on a climb, I shifted up the at the rear, and then the rear mech ripped off, and smashed into the seatstay of my Alma.

    Didn't realise that it had done any damage other than breaking the hanger, but on cleaning it at home I found the carbon on the seatstay had cracked.

    Gonna try to get it fixed first. Apparently theres a few local guys that can do a good job.
    Lapierre XR29ei, Chris King LB Carbon, XTR 1 X 10
    Planet X Dirty Harry
    Chiner 29er SS

  16. #416
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    So the Deng Fu FM038 is a 29er?

  17. #417
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    What worries me about all these frames is the lack of a metal insert for the axle on the left side stay.

  18. #418
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil335
    So the Deng Fu FM038 is a 29er?
    well, crap, now i don't know. when i looked at work i thought for sure it was, now at home i cant find it specifying 29er.....

  19. #419
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    I'm in such a toss up!

    Hong Fu, Go To Bike or Deng fu?

  20. #420
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,489
    Quote Originally Posted by xcbarny
    Not the frames fault. I rode a 6Hr Enduro at the weekend, which had the thickest clingiest mud I've ever experienced.

    Got chronic chainsuck by the second lap. Cleaned it down and got it running smooth again, but 2 mins into my next lap the chainsuck was back, so I stuck it in the big ring. That worked fine for a while, but on a climb, I shifted up the at the rear, and then the rear mech ripped off, and smashed into the seatstay of my Alma.

    Didn't realise that it had done any damage other than breaking the hanger, but on cleaning it at home I found the carbon on the seatstay had cracked.

    Gonna try to get it fixed first. Apparently theres a few local guys that can do a good job.
    That's why I started running 1x 9 and 10 on my carbon 26er frame[ bye bye chainsuck]

  21. #421
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    18
    If I offended anyone with my comment about Made in the USA I am sorry,it was not my intension to offend anyone,I always try to buy Made in USA if I can afford it and I am willing to pay a little bit more than I would for an import.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjellquist
    I have a custom lugged steel road bike that was $1200 for frame and fork, and I've always thought that was a bargain...and it was.

    Out of curiosity I emailed 'Jenny' and was just quoted $520 for frame, headset, and shipping on the Chinese 29er. Until you can show me a builder that will be anywhere close to that price your argument is moot.

    The entire anti-Chinese stance reeks of xenophobia and racism to me. If these frames were made in Norway, France, Lithuania, or Canada nobody would think twice about the purchase. Look at Cervelo for example....because they are Canadians that import Chinese frames, apply a huge mark up, and have killer marketing, somehow people think it's OK. If I was in the market for a carbon 29er I'd skip the middle man.

    The other argument is the warranty issue. I can't speak for other companies but I did work for a Cervelo dealer for several years and they aren't giving away frames. Your warranty better be a legitimate factory defect and those are extremely rare. In my experience, most warranty claims don't qualify and the customer ends up buying a replacement at a great price or they get nothing. Well...this Chinese 29er beats most replacement deals so you still come out ahead IF it breaks.

    I'm not buying one, but if I was in the market I almost certainly would.

  22. #422
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil335
    I'm in such a toss up!

    Hong Fu, Go To Bike or Deng fu?
    i knew i saw that frame style as a 29er

    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/41...showimage.html

    looks to be the same style as the Deng Fu, although this one specifies 29er.

    company is LT bike Co ltd.

  23. #423
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudedog55
    i knew i saw that frame style as a 29er

    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/41...showimage.html

    looks to be the same style as the Deng Fu, although this one specifies 29er.

    company is LT bike Co ltd.
    How does that pertain to my reply?

  24. #424
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil335
    How does that pertain to my reply?
    just giving another option to your dilemma my friend.

    good luck with your frame search

  25. #425
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudedog55
    just giving another option to your dilemma my friend.

    good luck with your frame search
    My frame search ended in a medium White Niner Air 9 Carbon with matching Carbon Fork. I'm not gonna lie. I'm pretty friggin excited.
    Last edited by Phil335; 04-26-2011 at 05:23 AM.

  26. #426
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    894
    Deleted!

  27. #427
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    894
    Quote Originally Posted by Pungbråck
    If I offended anyone with my comment about Made in the USA I am sorry,it was not my intension to offend anyone,I always try to buy Made in USA if I can afford it and I am willing to pay a little bit more than I would for an import.
    Pungbrack, I can't speak for everyone else, but I do ride & race name brand bikes, my main race bike is about 23 lbs and I'm going to put a carbon fork on it soon,so I should be getting this bike down to say 20 lbs. Now please don't ask me how much that cost.
    (and I get pro deals)

    So you asked why! well for me, I do 24 hr racing, I want a light bike that I can go out and lay down some very fast laps on it and put as menny people down a lap or two,then I can get on my 26lb steel HT for a little comfort for a few laps then back on the lighter bike.

    I think it comes down to cost! lots of people just don't have the $$$ for a name brand race bikes.

    I thought I was going to build up one of the Chinese 29ers (and I might later) but it seems like there's going to be more of them by next year, and I think I would reather go with the On-One... I like having someone on the other-end of the phone that knows my needs and we can understand each other thats what I have with Salsa Cycles and I'm not willing to give that up.

  28. #428
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    16
    Almost done with my build. I am still waiting on the yellow. The build started out as a single speed until my S-works 29er Stumpjumper was put on back order. So far I am very pleased with the frame structure and only time will tell how well it rides. I do like the compact geometry though as I am only 5'6" so getting that aggressive position is hard on many 29er frames. All this talk about not being able to talk to the company and wanting a direct contact. Having been in the bike industry and dealing with many bike companies direct over the years, I can say Jenny at Hung Fu has hands down better customer service and understanding of the client better than any of the big box bike companies. I email and talk to her several times a week as I am having custom frames made for my sports nutrition company. What company will take the time and actually email you pics of their factory and explain to you the standards they follow during their frame production. I will buy bikes and products from them and will recommend anyone to them as well.






  29. #429
    100% fuzz, 0% melody
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    239
    Bike looks pretty nice. Could you please explain the point of this graphic?



    Why would you compile that sort of list? I'd never thought of doing something like that and I am curious as to why someone would do it.

  30. #430
    mtbr member
    Reputation: willywilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119
    that matte finish is gravy!

  31. #431
    dirtbag
    Reputation: ranier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash T. Abula
    Bike looks pretty nice. Could you please explain the point of this graphic?



    Why would you compile that sort of list? I'd never thought of doing something like that and I am curious as to why someone would do it.
    I'm guessing weight weenie who likes tracking weight and cost.
    Amolan

  32. #432
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by DaChosenOne
    Ok...stop dealing with all this group buying talk. Its simple....go to Hung Fu bikes webpage and email Jenny. I have been talking to her for several months now to have custom bikes made for my new nutrition company. The frames are made in house and if you read road bike review a gentleman posted pictures of their factory and their process of frame production. My frame was $485 shipped to my door with the custom matte finish done. I had it in 5 days. They work fast and are easier to deal with than most bike companies. Goto is the same bike mold but more expensive and their lead times are long. They have great customer service too.
    They quoted me $510 shipped for the frame? Did you just ask for the matte finish when you ordered or did you specify anything else?

  33. #433
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    73

  34. #434
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    They quoted me $510 shipped for the frame? Did you just ask for the matte finish when you ordered or did you specify anything else?

    Yes.. Tell jenny you want the matte finish on the 29er MTB frame. What people don't realize is she is the owner there so she know everything from ground up and is such a seet lady. Just be patient with them because remember our English slang is not how they speak English. You will need to be specific with what you want.
    Last edited by DaChosenOne; 04-17-2011 at 02:56 PM.

  35. #435
    mtbr member
    Reputation: funnyjr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by DaChosenOne
    Almost done with my build. I am still waiting on the yellow. The build started out as a single speed until my S-works 29er Stumpjumper was put on back order. So far I am very pleased with the frame structure and only time will tell how well it rides. I do like the compact geometry though as I am only 5'6" so getting that aggressive position is hard on many 29er frames. All this talk about not being able to talk to the company and wanting a direct contact. Having been in the bike industry and dealing with many bike companies direct over the years, I can say Jenny at Hung Fu has hands down better customer service and understanding of the client better than any of the big box bike companies. I email and talk to her several times a week as I am having custom frames made for my sports nutrition company. What company will take the time and actually email you pics of their factory and explain to you the standards they follow during their frame production. I will buy bikes and products from them and will recommend anyone to them as well.







    Which headset did your Hong Fu come with? and which headset did you use to accomadate your 1 1/8 Reba or is it tapered? Did you use reducer headset?

  36. #436
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash T. Abula
    Bike looks pretty nice. Could you please explain the point of this graphic?



    Why would you compile that sort of list? I'd never thought of doing something like that and I am curious as to why someone would do it.
    Its a build sheet. What's so hard to understand about it?

  37. #437
    Its got what plants crave
    Reputation: Jim311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,934
    Do you mind posting the pics of the factory that Jenny sent? That'd be cool.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

  38. #438
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by funnyjr
    Which headset did your Hong Fu come with? and which headset did you use to accomadate your 1 1/8 Reba or is it tapered? Did you use reducer headset?
    It came with and using:
    http://www.e-hongfu-bikes.com/index....roducts_id=240

    I am using the Cane Creek 110-Series Conversion Crown Race which can be purchased at any bike shop..or at competitve cyclist.
    http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za....ID=8947&MODE=


    After riding it for two weeks and really putting it to the test on all levels, I am having a hard time finding a thing wrong with the bike.. I Iove the way it handles and feel it rides better than the Stumpy S-works and Niner Air Nine Carbon. It has held up to many very rocky technical courses and 2-4 foot drops.. I will be racing it this summer at the Breckenridge 100 so the real tests are to come.

    cutting brake lines tomorrow.
    Last edited by DaChosenOne; 04-24-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    Use this amazing thing they call G-O-O-G-L-E.

  39. #439
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Do you mind posting the pics of the factory that Jenny sent? That'd be cool.















    Use this amazing thing they call G-O-O-G-L-E.

  40. #440
    mtbr member
    Reputation: onlycrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    629
    That's interesting as hell

  41. #441
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    I have to say I'm impressed.

  42. #442
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by DaChosenOne
    This looks fantastic. Black is far and away my more preferred look and color for MTB.

    OK, I'm getting hotter for it.

    Is light crash damage to the frame repairable, just order a new one, or? Warranty re. stress cracks not (I mean actually not, not lying/misrepresenting in any way) caused by abuse/crash?

    Strength/longevity for me: 6-3, 240#, lotsa rocks all kinds, 35+mph, no drops?

    TIA!
    Last edited by ro7939; 04-25-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    jimbo

    www.jamesromeyn.com Music and Audio, LLC
    www.prime-vibe.com guitar & violin seasoning device

  43. #443
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dhbomber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    793
    WOW!!!!! Super clean factory! Nice!
    My Bike: http://forums.mtbr.com/showpost.php?...3&postcount=49

    On-One Whippet 650b XC machine

  44. #444
    Team Captain
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,326
    Never would've guessed that's how pro the factories look.

  45. #445
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    149
    what head sets are you guys using on these?

  46. #446
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil335
    So the Deng Fu FM038 is a 29er?
    Not sure on Deng Fu, but Hong-Fu is the HF-53 for the 29er:

    http://www.e-hongfu-bikes.com/index....roducts_id=274

    I was quoted USD 435 plus shipping from Jenny.

    Great Keen has one too, the MFM-01:

    http://www.greatkeenbike.com/main/ho...=0028:&catid=0

    Was quoted USD 320 (incl painted or matte clear coated!) plus shipping from Ms Hu.

    My total quote is 500 shipped and includes frame, headset, carbon seatpost, SP collar, 2 x carbon WB cages, extra D hanger, and the PP fee...

    As someone else mentioned upthread, all one needs to do is read th 5 bazillion posts over at RBR to see who's legit and who's questionable. FWIW Deng fu and Hong Fu both have solid reps over there. GK also seem well regarded.

  47. #447
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by ro7939
    This looks fantastic. Black is far and away my more preferred look and color for MTB.

    OK, I'm getting hotter for it.

    Is light crash damage to the frame repairable, just order a new one, or? Warranty re. stress cracks not (I mean actually not, not lying/misrepresenting in any way) caused by abuse/crash?

    Strength/longevity for me: 6-3, 240#, lotsa rocks all kinds, 35+mph, no drops?

    TIA!
    DaChosenOne is 100% correct. Jenny is very easy to deal with and very helpful.

    When I talked to Jenny she told me the frames have a 2 year warranty and crash damage isn't covered. The problem is when you have to send the broken frame back to China. Its EXPENSIVE.

    To answer your carbon repair question. Calfee Designs in California repairs carbon frames and their prices are pretty reasonable.

  48. #448
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Phil335's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    592
    Quote Originally Posted by flyor64
    Not sure on Deng Fu, but Hong-Fu is the HF-53 for the 29er:

    http://www.e-hongfu-bikes.com/index....roducts_id=274

    I was quoted USD 435 plus shipping from Jenny.

    Great Keen has one too, the MFM-01:

    http://www.greatkeenbike.com/main/ho...=0028:&catid=0

    Was quoted USD 320 (incl painted or matte clear coated!) plus shipping from Ms Hu.

    My total quote is 500 shipped and includes frame, headset, carbon seatpost, SP collar, 2 x carbon WB cages, extra D hanger, and the PP fee...

    As someone else mentioned upthread, all one needs to do is read th 5 bazillion posts over at RBR to see who's legit and who's questionable. FWIW Deng fu and Hong Fu both have solid reps over there. GK also seem well regarded.
    Thats exactly what I did. I read all about the frames at Road Bike Review. You can get all your questions answered there.

  49. #449
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,648
    DaChosenOne, any updates on your bike?

  50. #450
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    311
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar Ted
    First of all, let me make it clear that I am not saying these are the same frames. Neither am I saying that they are from the same factory, but I am suggesting that they have very similar lines and it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that they could be from the same place with minor detail changes.

    No EBB on the Chinese made one? Well, it wouldn't be that big a deal to change that feature at the factory. The brace between the stays for the brake also could easily be added. Internal vs. external routing of cables is also a minor detail change.

    Could they be from the same place? They have more similarities to my eyes than not. I'm just sayin'. I could be totally wrong about this, but then again...........

    And I would also agree that the Specialized looks somewhat similar, but not as close as these two models.
    Look....that chinese rubish is NOT a Niner Air9C. No way. No How. And as for "why not buy one and see?" How about catastrophic failure on a narly downhill section. No thanks. I'll stick to a real Niner and trust that I have a 5 year full warranty and many years of research and development that went into the frame.
    "...quit hitting me with your hammer"
    www.msmtb.org
    Niner EMD 1x9 ~ Niner SIR9 SS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •