Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Goran_injo
    Hi chosenone - what is the size of your bike?

I am currently riding a Haro Mary in 20", and it fits perfectly. I'm 6' 1 5/8 (187cm).

I am looking at the 19" size, and eff. top tube is 1 cm short of Mary ( Mary->625, HF-053->615) but the seat angle is stronger on the HF-053, 73.5 compared to 72.5).

Has anyone else tried the geometry so can report on it?
    How long is your inseam? what distance do you use from saddle top to bb center? I run a 19" frame (salsa el mariachi ti), and with my inseam of 91cm i need a 410mm seatpost almost full out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010

The frame is a 16".

After a month of solid punishment, this bike has held up to everything put at it. If it ever brakes, I will be ordering another one because the bike is that fast.

I recorded more videos on it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuaa...eature=related

This is a video of the bike in action filmed by my buddy:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgIGmQWPrdg
    Use this amazing thing they call G-O-O-G-L-E.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    forgot to mention....took the bike on a true DH run yesterday and it performed under the stress.
    Use this amazing thing they call G-O-O-G-L-E.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil335
    What worries me about all these frames is the lack of a metal insert for the axle on the left side stay.
    1+ do other carbon frames have a metal insert? I'm almost ready to pull the trigger but this is the only thing that is stopping me (if true).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaChosenOne
    forgot to mention....took the bike on a true DH run yesterday and it performed under the stress.
    What is your build like and what is the weight of the bike? Did you happen to weigh just the frame?
    How long did it take to get?
    Where did you order from? Price shipped? I am seriously considering one of these...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by emp?
    Ive got one ordered with them atm that Im building upm singlespeed
    Its 20" ud carbon in matte finish with bb30 so i can run a beer eccentric bb
    Ill post photos of it when I get it, it worked out $480usd delivered
    Where did you get it from?

mtbr member

The frame is a 16".

After a month of solid punishment, this bike has held up to everything put at it. If it ever brakes, I will be ordering another one because the bike is that fast.

I can't seem to find the one like yours with the extra brace for the rear brake?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn
    The price has been steadily going up on the 26ers. And inflation is on the rise, big time in China and Taiwan. I'd buy now, if your worried about the price.

+1...I purchase a product from China and follow business trends. Currently, indeed, yes, I agree 100%.

But China certainly appears to be a huge bubble (unprovable till after it bursts). (Part of that bubble is likely caused by USA QE1 and QE2, which could be invested in China, but that's another story.)

Is it not possible, if the Chinese bubble bursts as it appears it may soon, prices could go down?
    jimbo

www.jamesromeyn.com Music and Audio, LLC
    www.prime-vibe.com guitar & violin seasoning device

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by subspd
    Where did you get it from?
    alibaba from LT Bikes i think it was, still hasnt come yet only ordered a week ago
    Josh

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Do you have an email adr. to LT Bikes? Ive tried contacting them over alibaba, but nothing happens.

bike tester
    in my experience alibaba messages get replied to in 2-3 weeks or not at all.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitized
    Do you have an email adr. to LT Bikes? Ive tried contacting them over alibaba, but nothing happens.
    I have just order one frame. In my case, I have had instant response from Alisa: longtengalisa@163.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kkjellquist
    The entire anti-Chinese stance reeks of xenophobia and racism to me. If these frames were made in Norway, France, Lithuania, or Canada nobody would think twice about the purchase. Look at Cervelo for example....because they are Canadians that import Chinese frames, apply a huge mark up, and have killer marketing, somehow people think it's OK. If I was in the market for a carbon 29er I'd skip the middle man.
    It can reek of whatever you want it to.... I think the main reasons to buy USA, or from anyother country that believes in democracy, is to know that you are giving back to the middle class dream. You can do an Obama and pull out the race card but I like to call it for what it is.

LCW
    mtbr member

The frame is a 16".

that's actually the best chinese carbon 29er I've seen yet ....

Santa Cruz Hightower LT
    EVIL Following

mtbr member
    What's the clearance like for big tires?

mtbr member

The frame is a 16".

Where did you get your carbon saddle and how is it treating your external sphincter? I have been looking for a good one at a reasonable price.

Its got what plants crave
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA
    It can reek of whatever you want it to.... I think the main reasons to buy USA, or from anyother country that believes in democracy, is to know that you are giving back to the middle class dream. You can do an Obama and pull out the race card but I like to call it for what it is.

Buy from China... CRUSH THE AMERICAN DREAM

RIP democracy, some dudes are buying things from other countries.

Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj
    It's not clear in the pic you provide if there's a scratch or a crack and it sounds like they feel the same way. Perhaps if there's a better angle that shows a crack you might get a better result. Carbon gets surface scratches easily.
    Frankly, no company is going to send you a new frame based solely on that pic. It's just unfortunate they are in China. However, one of the arguments for the Chinese frames is that you could buy a whole new frame and still save $500+ over other companies.

Have you asked if they can cut you a deal on a new frame?
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

saddlemeat
    The American Dream died of natural causes in '95. Now we're just a bunch of a-holes ripping each other off.

Except for a few of us.
    I ride with the best dogs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bsieb
    The American Dream died of natural causes in '95. Now we're just a bunch of a-holes ripping each other off.

Except for a few of us.
    What happened in '95 to cause that?

"Ride Lots" Eddy Merckx
    I'm willing to bet more people in China are living the dream and moving from lower to middle class than in the US.
    "Big Gulps huh?...Allllriggghhht....Welp, See ya later!"

mtbr member
    x2 ^^^ this is fact. Now back on topic. Where can I order one of these frames?

mtbr member
    x2 ^^^ this is fact. Now back on topic. Where can I order one of these frames?

I ordered mine from Jenny. It still hasn't shown up yet since I ordered about a week ago. Here is the website you can go to to order.

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/Products.asp?Id=453

Email them or chat on MSN with Jenny. She is very helpful and will get you what you need. DaChosenOne also ordered from Jenny so the bike should be close to the same. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Buy from China... CRUSH THE AMERICAN DREAM

RIP democracy, some dudes are buying things from other countries.

Looking for some special attention, are we?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense01
    I ordered mine from Jenny. It still hasn't shown up yet since I ordered about a week ago. Here is the website you can go to to order.

http://www.hongfu-bikes.com/Products.asp?Id=453

Email them or chat on MSN with Jenny. She is very helpful and will get you what you need. DaChosenOne also ordered from Jenny so the bike should be close to the same. Good luck.

Awsome! I will get on the chat with her then. Please post up once yours arrives...

mtbr member
    Well I just noticed it doesn't have the internal routing... kinda a deal breaker. I need to find the one with the internal routing and rear brake brace.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Well, coming from a Military member, being payed probably less than the factory workers making these things; I'd love to pick up one of these if I could see one in person first. The US of A doesnt pay it's military well enough to be a die hard "live here, buy here" shopper.

mtbr member
    lt bike on alibaba has them with internal routing
    Josh

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KTrain40
    Well, coming from a Military member, being payed probably less than the factory workers making these things; I'd love to pick up one of these if I could see one in person first. The US of A doesnt pay it's military well enough to be a die hard "live here, buy here" shopper.
    Wow... I know when I joined the military no one had a gun pointed to my head making me do so. No one is going to stand around and give you a pat on the back and a trophy for everything you do in life. It's called building character. The pay may suck so just get out when your time is up... If you don't want to buy American then it is a personal choice but don't blame it on the service. 5-10 years after you get out all you will remember are the good times.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by emp?
    lt bike on alibaba has them with internal routing
    Yeah but how do you order from them and get a real price?

mtbr member
    Yeah but how do you order from them and get a real price?
    create an account and email them, tell them what you want, normal or bb30, the frame size carbon type, 3k 12k or UD and the finish you want
    they also have an intergrated seatpost option
    and they will email you back a price
    Josh

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA
    Wow... I know when I joined the military no one had a gun pointed to my head making me do so. No one is going to stand around and give you a pat on the back and a trophy for everything you do in life. It's called building character. The pay may suck so just get out when your time is up... If you don't want to buy American then it is a personal choice but don't blame it on the service. 5-10 years after you get out all you will remember are the good times.
    +100% on that.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Mina at Deng-Fu has internal routing on both derailleurs and the rear break.

I recently asked and she said it will work with the hydraulic brakes.

The caliper sits on the chainstay, not the seatstay. It seems that's becoming more common as there is less vibration. The whole point of the brace when the caliper is on the seatstay is to transfer it to the chainstay. Not probably needed when the caliper is mounted on the chainstay.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by KTrain40
    :facepalm:

chinese factory workers get $160 a month (up from $110 a month last year)

sounds like you should be thankful the military employs YOU.
    The mountains are calling and I must go

mtbr member
    cost of living in china is nothing like the western world...
    Josh

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Can we get back on track, otherwise you guys can create another thread about all your different oppinions will all respect of course.

Im ordering a frame from LT Bike today, the one with the internal brakerouting. It will go with a Lefty XLR 29er and other sweet parts. Ill post pics and weight of the frame, as soon as it arrives.

Cheers

singletrack bound
    had a santa cruz highball 29er frame in my hands yesterday, 2.45lbs. turned it over and under the BB "made in china". 1800.00 frame only.
    just sayin.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitized
    Can we get back on track, otherwise you guys can create another thread about all your different oppinions will all respect of course.

Im ordering a frame from LT Bike today, the one with the internal brakerouting. It will go with a Lefty XLR 29er and other sweet parts. Ill post pics and weight of the frame, as soon as it arrives.

Cheers
    Are you having it painted?

mtbr member
    Is this the one you guys are ordering?

Does it have a tapered head tube?

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yes thats the one im ordering. And yes it is with a tapered headtube.

UD with a clear coat, a friend also ordered one, but with the raw finish. He wants to paint it himself.

mtbr member
    Can you PM me what it cost shipped?

ballbuster
    Oh man! I'm starting to get hawt for one of these frames. If I get one, I'm going to have it painted (gel coated?) and do this motif on her:

I love Matisse, and have always thought how cool it would be to re-create Icarus on it.

mtbr member
    Well I got this email from LTbikes on their carbon bike. Alisa emailed me back about the brakes and this is what she said. "It's for disc brakes with inner cables".

Anyone have any idea what that means?

Map Maker
    sounds like you can route the cables internally
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Yeah, its just brakelines with internal routing. Ive seen a similar frame here in Denmark and it looks nice and neat. You need to remove rear caliber from the hose to fit the brakes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    internal cable routing

mtbr member
    Quick questions: What's the difference between the carbon weaves? (3K, 12K, UD)

And how do you route the cables internally? I would think it would be pretty hard to snake a cable in one end and find the hole at the other? Is there a guide track or something?

bike tester
    the holes are connected by a guiding tube.

3k, 12k, ud is just cosmetic, all frames are the same, the top layer differs.

mtbr member
    3G gas that tight weave that you see most common.
    12k is the broad weave that is less common.
    UD is just plain carbon in color with no top layer. Think Niner carbon or Easton carbon.

mtbr member
    My question is... Is the internal routing big enough to work with hydraulic discs.

mtbr member
    oh course, they are in alloy slugs moulded into the frame and can be drilled out larger if you need to
    Josh

mtbr member
    My question is... Is the internal routing big enough to work with hydraulic discs.
    I'm running hayes strokers on mine, and they fit perfectly. You do have to cut off the needle insert, and reinstall a new one in order to run the brakelines.

Also, remember that the hose-routing goes by the bottom bracket, so make sure you have enough hose-length! (mine were almost too short)

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    http://www.storckbicycle.com/usa/ind...&s=carbonfiber

imho and don't quote me but: 12k or (UD depends design process and type used) could be very slightly stiffer ride and maybe more impact resistant ride via the cosmetic layer. Most important is the expertise of the personnel in the process of doing the internal layups in the molds and in the bonding. So that is possibly where standards could be important and what could "possibly" matter when you don't buy direct. (Of course if a company actually has their own carbon fiber bike design factory..still....)

here is interesting read on umh or hm (internal) carbon fiber. If I remember correctly when they say stuff like ultra high modulus it really means that a very small % of the material has these supporting layups in it.

So watch out when you read this hm or uhm frame marketing stuff on alibabal.

http://www.carbonframerepair.com/index.php/technical/
    http://www.2009tourdefrancenews.com/...65-1-P,00.html
    http://www.calfeedesign.com/tech-pap...-carbon-fiber/
    Last edited by ghawk; 05-21-2011 at 05:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Interesting read. Hi modulus marketing baloney has been going on since the first carbon[ Graphite] tennis rackets.
    Interesting to note one of the articles has T700 is a ho hum std modulus fiber. There's more ho hum than that.
    The aerospace industry has used for the past 30+ years T300 fiber.Before the 787 T700 was rare because it uses 12K tows. Most aerospace is 3k.
    So modulus is not that relevant and std modulus is more than strong enough as you can modify your layup composition to allow for different fiber tensile modulus.

The R&D goes in to getting best ride quality vs strength. Do they hit the spot on overall ride quality rather than just stiffness?
    I've had T700 carbon bars that were much stiffer and took out less trail shock than alloy bars. Hated them.
    I think the Hong-fu 29er is a nice looking frame. Unless they really got it wrong the weight is a good indication it should be strong enough.
    If you want a AM carbon frame then you should be looking at something about 1500 to 1600 g and bypass these frames.
    Last edited by gvs_nz; 05-21-2011 at 06:09 PM.

bike tester
    A few pictures of my gotobike frame:

Received 4 frames, 3 are within the quoted tolerance of ~1280gr (±30gr), one is 1228 (with 4 bottle cage bolts included).

mtbr member
    Looks nice and the weight seems great. I can't wait to get mine in. Jenny from Hong Fu said that they should be shipping out soon.

mtbr member
    Thanks so much for posting up. I just wish they had the internal cable routing. The weight is not bad at all. I thought they had tapered head tubes but it doesn't look like it from the pics...

bike tester
    it is tapered. 41.8 top, 52mm bottom, integrated 45/45 campy standard.

i am waiting on a reducer crown race from niner and i'll be able to build it. the whole bike is unridable because of a $7 part and USPS being slow, it drives me nuts.

i think they will start doing the internal cables too, i am waiting for an answer on that. if they do i will get matte UD next time.

there already is another frame out there that has internal cable routing but it is not the 16/17.5/19 from hongfu/gotobike, it is 16/18/20 and i have no idea what the geometry and weight is like on that. it has the same headset though, but no brace and the brake mount is on the chainstay. it can be found in several places:

http://cgi.ebay.com/29er-3k-full-Car...item25641f9901

http://ltbike.en.alibaba.com/product...e_LTK023_.html

LT-Bike just came out with an integrated seatpost version too.
    Last edited by syl3; 05-26-2011 at 02:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by syl3 View Post
    A few pictures of my gotobike frame:

Received 4 frames, 3 are within the quoted tolerance of ~1280gr (±30gr), one is 1228 (with 4 bottle cage bolts included).
    What are you going to do with the other 3 frames?

singletrack bound
    I have been following this thread but didn't notice any mention of 29er SS specific frames? I see they have horizontal dropouts on their track bikes. Tensioners molded into frame?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I have one and it rocks! My normal rig is a Niner Sir9 SS so it only made sense to spec it out as a 1x10 on a budget. Frame is stiff and quick out of the corners. I love how it soaks up small bumps and rattles that you would normally feel. Only been out on it 3 times since majority of the trails in Australia have been closed since the start of the year. Now I can't say that I've been on any of the big brand carbon frames but for $600 a pop, this frame is pretty damn good.

bike tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Cycle Shawn View Post
    What are you going to do with the other 3 frames?
    they are going on the German ebay to offset some of my postage costs

bike tester
    I just got an email from gotobike, they don't have a new version of the MTB753 with internal routing

They will offer the same internal cable frame that everyone else has but apparently in different sizes, 17/19/21.

It is called MTB854 and it's not on their site yet but they have some in stock already with BB30.

for pricing you can email Cherry at gotobike06@vip.163.com

Here's the geometry from LT-Bike LTK023.

It is the same as gotobike MTB854 but in 16/18/20.

So it looks like if you want internal cable routing you're in luck, the frame sizes come in very small increments.

Don't you love the free market?

Last edited by syl3; 05-27-2011 at 01:34 AM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    it is tapered. 41.8 top, 52mm bottom, integrated 45/45 campy standard.
    Do you know if they sell reducer 1"1/8 top and bottom headsets that will fit?

If not, can you suggest something widely available? I hate to order the frame, and wind up without a rideable bike because of the headset.

bike tester
    I just wrote about that a little further up on the page. They cannot supply the reducer from China, all the companies i talked to barely understood what that meant.

2010 Niner wfo9, rip9, jet9 have the same type of integrated headset, so i bought a Niner reducer crown race. In a few days when it arives i will post some pictures here and confirm if it's working or not.

I assume the cane creek reducer crown race would work too, since the angle is different only on the top of the bearing and not the bottom.

bike tester
    After more study of the internal cable frames it look like the ETT is about the same on the gotobike 17/19 and the LT 18/20. So that would make a total of 4 sizes available, with the LT 16 being the smallest and the gotobike 21" the largest.

Also, gotobike has a curved seat tube and down tube in the bb junction area, and they claim MTB854 is lighter than their MTB753, around 1080gr for 17", whereas the people that already bought the LT said that LTK023 and MTB753 are about the same, around 1280.
    Last edited by syl3; 05-27-2011 at 02:04 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    My new LTK023 16inch frame is just to come, it is now in the customs office. As soon as I get it I will post some pics...

mtbr member
    my LTK023 weighed in at 1224gr for a 20"
    Josh

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by emp? View Post
    my LTK023 weighed in at 1224gr for a 20"
    sweet

Can you post some pics, very interested in seeing some closeups of the frame.

mtbr member
    ill get some photos up soon, just waiting on homebrew chainring and beer BB for it
    Josh

mtbr member
    I just got my Carbon road frame from Hong Fu after a long wait. 12K Matte finish, BB30, internal cable routing. It looks sick and the quality is great. Now to build it up!

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    ill get some photos up soon, just waiting on homebrew chainring and beer BB for it
    Are the axle droputs out of carbon or have metal inserts?

mtbr member
    carbon, no idea whats under it, probably alloy lugs at a guess
    Josh

bike tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Goran_injo View Post
    Are the axle droputs out of carbon or have metal inserts?
    I don't know about the LTK but my gotobike has an alloy insert in the middle, it is not very thick maybe a third of the total dropout width.

I hope i remember to take a picture the next time i'm down in the garage.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I need a big frame, so the 21 inch MTB854 from goto seems like my best option. Although even the 630mm ETT is about 20mm shorter than I'd really like. It seems a little odd to me that most the "real" frames from bike brands include a true XL option w/ > 25 inch ETT, but none of the "cheap" Chinese direct-from-factory options are that large.

Another reason I'm leaning 854 is the 753 looks like it is designed around an 80mm fork, whereas the 854 is for 100mm fork.

A question: what is the seat tube angle on the MTB854? I can see a 68 degree notation on the drawing for the chanistay/seattube angle, but I can't find any reference to the horizontal-to-seattube angle, nor can I find a way to compute it from numbers shown.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Answered my own question: 73 deg seattube angle on the MTB854.

It is noted at the top, under the effective top tube line.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I don't know about the LTK but my gotobike has an alloy insert in the middle, it is not very thick maybe a third of the total dropout width.

I hope i remember to take a picture the next time i'm down in the garage.
    Yep. Seen it somewhat on your pic of the gotobike-honshu. I am guessing LTbike hasn't got inserts based on all the pics I saw so far.

Not sure it makes any difference on the durability side though- haven't owned a carbon frame before, but remenber I saw metal droputs on all carbon frames before.

bike tester
    Seen it somewhat on your pic of the gotobike-honshu.
    Yeah i didn't notice that this pic already captured the metal insert... you can clearly see the sandwich structure of the dropout if you zoom in.

Not sure it makes any difference on the durability side though- haven't owned a carbon frame before, but remenber I saw metal droputs on all carbon frames before.
    My 26" scott scale certainly did not have metal inserts in the dropouts... and not even under the seatpost clamp.
    Didn't seem to affect the durability at all.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I just got an email from gotobike, they don't have a new version of the MTB753 with internal routing

They will offer the same internal cable frame that everyone else has but apparently in different sizes, 17/19/21.

It is called MTB854 and it's not on their site yet but they have some in stock already with BB30.

for pricing you can email Cherry at gotobike06@vip.163.com

Here's the geometry from LT-Bike LTK023.

It is the same as gotobike MTB854 but in 16/18/20.

So it looks like if you want internal cable routing you're in luck, the frame sizes come in very small increments.

Don't you love the free market?

Can you tell me, this eccentric adapter fits this frame?
    http://beercomponents.com/?page_id=31
    and i need 68mm or 73mm wide shell?

mtbr member
    yeah i hope it does as I got one on order
    its a 68mm shell, i waited till i got the frame before i ordered from beer
    Josh

bike tester
    I can finally confirm that the Niner Reducer Crown Race works great with the headset, so running non-tapered forks is trivial.

Thanks to the great guys at Niner who sent me this critical part for my build.

Sadly, the headset supplied by gotobike, Token Omega-III, is a clone of the FSA Orbit C-40. Just like the other FSA integrated headset that i am running on my 26" Cube Sting fully, there is absolutely no seal below the lower bearing, so you will be getting cracking and popping from the headset if you run in any kind of wet weather.

I would like to try something better from Cane Creek, sadly their bearings are 36/45, does anyone know if this crown race would fit the FSA bearings?

http://store.canecreek.com/products/....98507.0?pp=8&

mtbr member
    my ltk23 uses 36/45 bearings
    Josh

mtbr member
    Anyone has pictures of the gotobike MTB854 frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    IMHO, something that has been discussed on this forum is group buying.
    I think it is the way to go.
    Last edited by ghawk; 05-31-2011 at 12:40 PM.

bike tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus View Post
    Anyone has pictures of the gotobike MTB854 frame?
    They do not sell those to individuals or group buys, only people with a busines licence who agree not to disclose the price on the internet, not to resell to Norway or Netherladnds (exclusive deals already in place), and who will not sell to the final consumer under $1500.

LT-Bike is the way to go if you want a cheap 29er carbon frame with internal routing.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    They do not sell those to individuals or group buys, only people with a busines licence who agree not to disclose the price on the internet, not to resell to Norway or Netherladnds (exclusive deals already in place), and who will not sell to the final consumer under $1500.

LT-Bike is the way to go if you want a cheap 29er carbon frame with internal routing.
    What about Deng-Fu? Their offering seems nice & much less expensive, probably the way I'm going to go. I was quoted $390 for the frame.

I am probably going to go with them as I had good luck ordering my carbon road frame/fork from them. Their frame has internal shifters & rear brake routing.

-Steve in NJ

mtbr member
    I picked up a MTB854 from gotobike, and other than them shipping me the wrong finish, the frame is beautiful, and lighter than stated. I got a 21" and it's only 2.44 lbs!

I'm documenting the build up of the frame on my site if anyone's interested. Should be interesting!
    Last edited by whizzkidd; 05-31-2011 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added info

bike tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanpez View Post
    What about Deng-Fu? Their offering seems nice & much less expensive, probably the way I'm going to go. I was quoted $390 for the frame.

I am probably going to go with them as I had good luck ordering my carbon road frame/fork from them. Their frame has internal shifters & rear brake routing.

-Steve in NJ
    deng fu and lt bike sell the same frame from the same source, just like gotobike and hong fu...
    i guess the only way to choose is who you like talking to.

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by whizzkidd View Post
    I picked up a MTB854 from gotobike, and other than them shipping me the wrong finish, the frame is beautiful, and lighter than stated. I got a 21" and it's only 2.44 lbs!
    Hey, that's the size I'm looking for. Send pics? Is it built? How's it fit? How tall are you?

So many questions,

Morgan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by morganfletcher View Post
    Hey, that's the size I'm looking for. Send pics? Is it built? How's it fit? How tall are you?

So many questions,

Morgan
    It's not built yet, I'm gathering parts, So I can't speak to the fit either. I'm 6'3", 180 lbs.
    I edited the post above so people can follow the build on my site if they like. I'm excited. If you want just pics, then see my flickr stream.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by whizzkidd View Post

I'm documenting the build up of the frame on my site if anyone's interested. Should be interesting!
    Could you document the build here or in a new thread? It's easier for us to follow and brings more traffic to MTBR.com.

mtbr member
    I've been emailing back and forth with Deng Fu but there's a language barrier and I'm hesistant ordering through them even though their frame has internal cable routing. I would feel more comfortable going through Hung Fu.

mtbr member
    I ordered a matte carbon 12k finish frame from Jenny at Hong Fu on May 13th. She keeps delaying the ship date. Anyone else ever experience this with them? She said I would have it by the end of May and now she says it won't ship until the 6th. IT isn't a huge deal but I don't want my Paypal refund window to close if I don't get what I ordered.

Anyone who has ordered from Jenny please chime in. Thank you.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Last year I ordered a road and mountain frame from Hongfu, Jenny quoted me a three month wait for the frames since I had requested bb30 and uni carbon finish. In the end it was about three and a half months for the frames. Since you ordered on the 13th and they've pushed the ship date back until the 6th, I wouldn't worry too much. You should be well within your paypal window, plus the shipping from China was really fast. Cheers

mtbr member
    http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/31088...tbike?h=1f7579

few photos of how mine is coming along
    Josh

mtbr member
    Very nice!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Nice. Looks like plenty of clearance for the Racing Ralph
    Lapierre XR29ei, Chris King LB Carbon, XTR 1 X 10
    Planet X Dirty Harry
    Chiner 29er SS

AZ
    banned
    http://www.dropbox.com/gallery/31088...tbike?h=1f7579

few photos of how mine is coming along

Nicely done, looks like plenty of room for the rear tire,

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Intense01 View Post
    I ordered a matte carbon 12k finish frame from Jenny at Hong Fu on May 13th. She keeps delaying the ship date. Anyone else ever experience this with them? She said I would have it by the end of May and now she says it won't ship until the 6th. IT isn't a huge deal but I don't want my Paypal refund window to close if I don't get what I ordered.

Anyone who has ordered from Jenny please chime in. Thank you.
    FYI: I ordered one about a week ago and also received the 6th as a ship date So it appears likely that they have a batch of frames finishing up and shipping out.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

Good job! Jenny - Customer Responsiveness

I would also like to affirm DaChosenOne and others who have commented regarding Jenny and her responsiveness. I have received replies to all of my inquiries within 24 hours and more typically within 8 hours.

Page 6 of 94 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 622