Page 4 of 291 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast
    30-ton War Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbiker3995
    BCB-053 MTB Bicycle Carbon 29er Frame

http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/11...rbon_29er.html
    that appears to be a dead ringer for the Niner frame and fork, with a different BB design.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    the more I look at this thread the more tempted I am. I cant seem to find prices.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sergeysy
    anybody buy this frame and did testing?
    +100.
    Anyone running any of this frames?

mtbr member
    Does anyone have actual pics of one of these frames built up?

I'm tired of looking at photos of these websites!!!

dwt
    mtbr member
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by edgerat
    that appears to be a dead ringer for the Niner frame and fork, with a different BB design.
    Not so sure I would call it a dead ringer for the A9C, granted it is carbon and a hard tail but that is where the similarity ends.

The frame pictured has different seat stays, chain stays, top tube, down tube, head tube and a straight seat post. Also, the way the seat stays meet the seat tube is totally different. Add all this to the fact that it probably has a different layup and the type of carbon used and I don't see much relating the two frames.

Short-Change-Hero
    On first page there is a poster that has purchased one but due to factory problems he stated that he was told to expect the frame in about 2 months (this was in late september I believe). So wont see anything until about the end of the year!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I considered ordering one from Hung Fu, but I cannot seem to get a geometry chart from them. The email keeps saying one is attached, but there is no attachment . . .

They are also not currently in stock and I was told 40 days until they could be shipped. Not sure if that means in 40 days they will have an abundance of inventory or that they are taking orders for frames to be built on an as needed basis.

If I broke a Niner or a Specialized carbon frame, I would be very sad. Breaking a $500 frame is painful, but not as painful as a $2000 frame . . .
    Thanks to www.weavercycleworks.com for my awesome bike frames!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Anyone know how you go about ordering and paying for products on alibaba? And also getting them shipped? Do you need to order multiple quantities?
    Planet X Dirty Harry, SID XX, Chris King, Rotor 3D, Sram X0
    On-One Scandal 29er SS

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xcbarny
    Anyone know how you go about ordering and paying for products on alibaba? And also getting them shipped? Do you need to order multiple quantities?
    Each manufacturer has a different policy as to minimum shipment. You have to contact the manufacturer and deal direct.

By far the easiest way to get a single frame is to go to aliexpress.com.

With one click, you pay for the item and shipping to your house. Your payment is held by alibaba in escrow until you receive the item. When it arrives, if it's what you ordered and in good shape, you authorize alibaba to release the escrow. If there is a problem, alibaba has procedures to address that.

Once you build it up and ride it and then have a problem, I suppose you could contact the manufacturer and get some relief - though it might be a pain due to the distance/language barriers. As others have said, though, better to break a $300 frame than a $3000 frame.

That said, I have 3 frames, 1 mtb and 2 road, each from a different Chinese company, and all are perfect. One road frame is now 3 years old and perfect, and the other 2 frames were bought this spring (road for my wife, mtb for me), and went through this entire season of constant use, with no issues

My mtb frame is a 26" hardtail built up as a 1 x 9, and I LOVE that bike.

Good luck.

P.S. I also just bought a carbon kayak wing paddle for $275, including shipping. If I bought one from Epic, I would be looking at over $400.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I have a 19" on order from Hung Fu with custom piant shipping date is around dec 12 will post a pic when its here.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010

29er?

I cant seem to find where it says that any of these frames are 29er specific.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the-milkybar-kid
    I have a 19" on order from Hung Fu with custom piant shipping date is around dec 12 will post a pic when its here.
    What kind of custom paint options did they offer? I looked at the site but didn't see anything like that. Do you have to email them to see options?

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Hi i just sent them a pic of what i wanted so we will see if its anygood when it turns up the frame was $450 piant $75 & shiping $75.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrphy
    I cant seem to find where it says that any of these frames are 29er specific.
    Me neither!!! I did a search with 29, 29er. Nothing comes up. I am assuming these are all 26" frames.

mtbr member
    This company has a 29er. I am going to get the 26" and will post pics when I get it. They also are very responsive via email and will send you a PDF of the geometry chart. It looks like a blueprint to me. I will put a link here of the company and you can check them out. I have done some research and a poll of owners of these Chinese carbon frames and the response is all positive. The lady who emailed me back (cherry) told me that it is $50 to paint it. So the cost of the 26" with paint and shipping will be just under $500. They also said something about a banking fee but I would talk them down a bit before paying. I will also post my experience with this. Here is the link:

http://www.gotobike.com.cn/gs_detail...&previd=500027
    They never made the "Slowster"

mtbr member
    Here is the pic from their website:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-29er.jpg  

They never made the "Slowster"

Lone Wolf McQuade
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall
    This company has a 29er. I am going to get the 26" and will post pics when I get it. They also are very responsive via email and will send you a PDF of the geometry chart. It looks like a blueprint to me. I will put a link here of the company and you can check them out. I have done some research and a poll of owners of these Chinese carbon frames and the response is all positive. The lady who emailed me back (cherry) told me that it is $50 to paint it. So the cost of the 26" with paint and shipping will be just under $500. They also said something about a banking fee but I would talk them down a bit before paying. I will also post my experience with this. Here is the link:

http://www.gotobike.com.cn/gs_detail...&previd=500027
    What does "post mount only" mean? Looks like it's set up for disc brakes..... thanks!

Matt
    I should be out riding....

Leg Shaver
    I am lame I know

But where are the Geometry numbers? 80mm 100mm?

Where do you find the pricing and custom paint option

Do they clear coat the paint?

Do we know Tire clearance?

Is that a matching front rigid carbon fork I see with it in the one pic?

interesting but a mind phuck trying to find details under all the opinions

and I agree with the dude who ripped the people in the bike industry. word
    Last edited by Ike Turner; 11-16-2010 at 09:14 AM.
    Why are there so many threads about cheap ass bikes?

Leg Shaver
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall
    Here is the pic from their website:
    this pic and the fork underneath it on the web, look to have tapered steerer?????

anyone?
    Why are there so many threads about cheap ass bikes?

mtbr member
    I've been following this thread with interest and following the links. After poking around a few sites I found the frame for me. I dont even want a carbon frame, but I'd buy this just for the outstanding name brand:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm...olesalers.html

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

these are being imported into new zealand

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Sports/Cycl...-332107012.htm

A friend of mine is bringing them in. as a comparision a niner carbon frame here is $3000 NZ

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by beagledadi
    What does "post mount only" mean? Looks like it's set up for disc brakes..... thanks!

Post mount disc brakes is what it's refering to..... as opposed to International Standard mount disc brakes. If you have IS mount disc calipers, they won't work.

likes to ride bikes
    Dang.

Quote Originally Posted by apacherider
    I hope you dont have an Ipod, HDTV or DVD player in your house. Thats where all that stuff comes from too.

I have been a MTBR poster since 1998. I am so tired and fed up with the whole boutique BS that is churned out here. It is even dumber than the Motobecane spammers. Ok? I get it. I see what you are trying to say. I am fed up and just plain worn out from getting my chain yanked by piss poor bike builders, the whole LBS business model and their crappy employees. Buying a generic carbon frame is right up my alley. Perfect. No more hype. No more stupidity. No more phone tag.

I suspect many others feel the same way. Life is too short to spend so much time dealing with all the petty crapola and crappy people that call the bike industry home. Seriously. Is there any other group of people more flaky and worthless than the middlemen who work in the bike industry?

True. Vietnam is the new China. And Taiwan is far too small and affluent for much of its computer or bicycle manufacturing to actually take place in Taiwan anymore. Pretty amazing that an island that would fit inside the state of Louisiana, and for which nearly half of it is covered by uninhabitable mountains, is responsible for so many exports. It's an attribute of hard-working Chinese people freed from communist rule. As long as they continue to exist as a separate nation, China will continue economic and social reforms in envy of its "territory's" fine example.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeEight
    Chinese wages are growing actually. You guys outta read the economist, they're not at american union nonsense levels yet but they have gone up about a third for factory workers in the past couple years.

ballbuster

unless....

Quote Originally Posted by fjaws
    Post mount disc brakes is what it's refering to..... as opposed to International Standard mount disc brakes. If you have IS mount disc calipers, they won't work.

....you buy an adapter.

Page 4 of 291 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast