Page 315 of 324 FirstFirst ... 215 265 305 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 ... LastLast
Results 7,851 to 7,875 of 8096
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    The weights of your components compare to mine aren't actually crazy different, mine are all decent, proven parts which aren't massively lightweight (certainly not all Chinese carbon) and it's still under 8.5kg.

Frame Carbonal Orion 1250
    Forks Niner 575
    Headset FSA 105
    Top Cap FSA 39
    Bars Ritchey WCS 170
    Stem Thomson 168
    Grips ESI Extra Chunky 56
    Barends ESI 6
    Matchmaker Hope Tech Matchmaker 16
    Front Brake Hope Stealth Tech X2 EVO 204
    Front Rotor Hope Floating Rotor 99
    Front Rotor Bolts Hope 7
    Rear Shifter SRAM XX 80
    Shifter Cable Generic 30
    Front Rim Stans ZTR Crest 0
    Front Spokes Sapim Race 0
    Front Hub Hope Pro2 EVO 777
    Front QR Halo 31
    Front Tyre Rocket Ron Evolution 495
    Seatpost Thomson 247
    Seat clamp Hope 25
    Seat Boardman 250
    BB SRAM BB92 GXP Pressfit 88
    Cranks Sram XX1 576
    Chainring Sram XX1 0
    Chain Connex 10S8 323
    Pedals Time ATAC 393
    Rear Brake Hope Stealth Tech X2 EVO 219
    Rear Rotor Hope Floating Rotor 99
    Rear Rotor Bolts Hope 7
    Rear Rim Stans ZTR Crest 0
    Rear Spokes Sapim Race 0
    Rear Hub Hope Pro2 EVO 911
    Rear QR Halo 36
    Rear Tyre Rocket Ron Evolution 536
    Cassette PG1050 353
    Lockring SRAM 11
    Mech Sram X0 200

Total 8382

mtbr member
    May 2014
    pamik, yes I like it. I didn't notice it was stiffer than the Lefty I have on my Cannondale Rush 2008.
    I'm glad to read it is easier to maintain.

Here are the headset components I used:
    Cane Creek 40.IS52 Bottom Headset
    Cane Creek 40.IS42 Tall Cover Top Headset
    And the tapered steerer tube and top plug from:
    PROJECT 321 | Products: Tapered Fixed Crown Lefty Adapter

The headtube of the 19" is 120mm, and the stack makes the exact 137mm between the Lefty crowns.
    I thought I would need a 2mm spacer but the red washer of the steerer added the 2mm.

The project 321 top washer/spacer is flush against the bottom of the top crown.
    I used the lefty crowns to compress gently the headset pieces together.
    So, in theory, there is no need of a compression plug.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    6+ month and easily a couple thousand miles on the bike update.
    I have had my IP-056 for 6+ months now.
    I have put this bike through its paces from long sustained climbing to fast rocky downhills to fast tight rolling single track.
    I have had a couple of hard crashes along the way as well which comes with territory when you push the speed envelope.
    From day one I have been hard on the bike riding wise without even thinking twice about structural integrity of the frame.
    The bike has been pounded and has performed flawlessly over the last 6+ months
    Too anyone who is reading this thread and are having second thoughts about buying one of these frames dont be afraid.
    I have 25 years of racing and riding experience some of it at a top level over the years.
    I have ridden and raced many a bike over the years and these frames are the real deal for what they are.
    Cheers!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Any feedback on this frame?2014 New Light 18 inch UD Matt 29er MTB Bike Carbon Frame BB92 Rear Hanger | eBay

I think that the chainstay length is 450mm.Isn't it too long for XC?My Cube Reaction has 440 and most chinese frames 440 or 445

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kidglove13 View Post
    6+ month and easily a couple thousand miles on the bike update.
    I have had my IP-056 for 6+ months now.
    I have put this bike through its paces from long sustained climbing to fast rocky downhills to fast tight rolling single track.
    I have had a couple of hard crashes along the way as well which comes with territory when you push the speed envelope.
    From day one I have been hard on the bike riding wise without even thinking twice about structural integrity of the frame.
    The bike has been pounded and has performed flawlessly over the last 6+ months
    Too anyone who is reading this thread and are having second thoughts about buying one of these frames dont be afraid.
    I have 25 years of racing and riding experience some of it at a top level over the years.
    I have ridden and raced many a bike over the years and these frames are the real deal for what they are.
    Cheers!
    Thanks for the reaffirmation on the IP-056 frame. I've had my IP-057 over a year now, same frame with the newer 12x142 drop outs, and it also has been flawless for over a year now. Held up to anything the single track trails in my area have to throw at it. I don't dial back anything just because I am on a Chinese Carbon frame. The frame is awesome! Got a great price on it from peter@xmiplay.cn and also custom paint. Could not imagine going back to a big brand frame, my Chiner rocks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

Cable routing

Hi,

I'm building my first bike and wonder about my left lever to front brake routing.

Can I go safe with this kind of bending ? I went to the shortest path from left lever to the zip tie and avoided to wrap around the head tube.

Any advice ?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-img_20140809_205451-custom-.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-img_20140809_205620-custom-.jpg  

Chinese Carbon 29er-img_20140809_205643-custom-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Chinese Carbon 29er

Quote Originally Posted by Masure View Post
    Hi,

I'm building my first bike and wonder about my left lever to front brake routing.

Can I go safe with this kind of bending ? I went to the shortest path from left lever to the zip tie and avoided to wrap around the head tube.

Any advice ?

Thanks
    When you turn the handlebar to the right does it pull the brake? It looks like the housing is too short.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Get the front cable to come center with the head tube. Another thing is don't clamp your frame on the top tube.

mtbr member

mtbr member
    May 2013
    So want to try a new carbon frame. Right now I have QR on my hubs (just built this wheelset), GXP XX1 crank, 27.2mm carbon seat post, and a cut down rock shox reba fork for my Xcaliber 2013.

If I could find a frame where I can just transfer my parts over I'm sold. Other wise I'm pretty much starting all over which I don't want to do.

mtbr member
    I don't know of any Chiners that take a 27.2, all are 31.6 these days, so budget for a new post. They are only about $45 so it should not be a deal breaker. You should be able to find a frame that will accept your QR hubs, fork, and BB. Just talk to one of the vendors like peter@xmiplay.com. Or if you know the specifics of your current frame, just match up the head tube length, BB, and drop outs to what you have.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Can someone point in the direction of how to figure out if a particular frame would make for a good trail bike? I currently have a cross country bike and am looking for something different.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Hi
    I have been looking at the IP057 but I miss an extra internal cable routing for a dropper. But it seems like it is not possible. Is there any similar frames for XC race that has this ??

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Adroit Rider View Post
    When you turn the handlebar to the right does it pull the brake? It looks like the housing is too short.
    I can turn the handlebar full without pulling the housing.

Quote Originally Posted by caRpetbomBer View Post
    Get the front cable to come center with the head tube. Another thing is don't clamp your frame on the top tube.
    According to you, I have to get the housing long enough to turn in front of the head tube ? If I do so, I have to U Turn to get behind the fork arm where the caliper sits.

Thanks for the advice about clamping.

mtbr member
    Double post...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Masure View Post
    I can turn the handlebar full without pulling the housing.

According to you, I have to get the housing long enough to turn in front of the head tube ? If I do so, I have to U Turn to get behind the fork arm where the caliper sits.

Thanks for the advice about clamping.
    More specifically, you need to have enough brake line and cable to turn the bars 180deg in case you have a crash. You don't want to do damage to the lines while you are miles from anywhere and you put the bike on the ground. Better a little long than too short.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic_Dude View Post
    I don't know of any Chiners that take a 27.2, all are 31.6 these days, so budget for a new post. They are only about $45 so it should not be a deal breaker. You should be able to find a frame that will accept your QR hubs, fork, and BB. Just talk to one of the vendors like peter@xmiplay.com. Or if you know the specifics of your current frame, just match up the head tube length, BB, and drop outs to what you have.
    If you aren't keen to get a new post you can use a seatpost shim like one from crane creek (Wiggle | Cane Creek Seat Post Shim | Seat Posts), i've done this for my frame and had no issues so far and also cheaper than a new post you just need to match the sizes of your seatpost and the frame

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Re: Chinese Carbon 29er

Quote Originally Posted by DanTails View Post
    If you aren't keen to get a new post you can use a seatpost shim like one from crane creek (Wiggle | Cane Creek Seat Post Shim | Seat Posts), i've done this for my frame and had no issues so far and also cheaper than a new post you just need to match the sizes of your seatpost and the frame
    and I advice to use two shims - as they are short, only 100mm length.
    so, you can cut the top of one shim, put inside and put the second over the first.
    It would be safer for the frame.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I am still building my bike with the flyxii FR-217 frame and about to drill the cable stop for the rear derailleur housing.

I read all the replies about the cable stop drilling but I didn't find how people prevent the liner from getting lost in the frame after the drill operation. If I drill with the liner still set set in, the liner will be cut and its end lost in the frame.

What are the techniques to prevent this or to get the end easily ?

Regards

mtbr member
    Why are you drilling your new carbon frame?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrik J View Post
    Hi
    I have been looking at the IP057 but I miss an extra internal cable routing for a dropper. But it seems like it is not possible. Is there any similar frames for XC race that has this ??
    No input for this one ??

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Hi
    It seems to be possible on an IP-256 if you ride 1x by using the opening meant for the FD cable
    Dropper seat post on a IP-256SL with internal cabling?

But the opening has to be drilled to 4.5 mm....

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic_Dude View Post
    Why are you drilling your new carbon frame?
    I'd like to have full length housing to prevent any shifting issues. The frame has cable stops which prevent me to run the full housing in the frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by sjaakoo View Post
    It seems to be possible on an IP-256 if you ride 1x by using the opening meant for the FD cable
    Dropper seat post on a IP-256SL with internal cabling?

But the opening has to be drilled to 4.5 mm....
    Thanks for the answer. But I am going to ride with 2x10 speed so it wount help me with the IP-256 frame.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the answer. But I am going to ride with 2x10 speed so it wount help me with the IP-256 frame.
    Pretty sure none of the vendors have created a frame for a dropper. These are meant as XC frames which the majority of the time doesn't need a dropper.
    Just go 1x - put what you have into a gear calc...10-42 or 11-42 probably covers it.