Page 3 of 313 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    Skip all the political garbage talk and stick to the bike...

Ok dad

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by OmaHaq
    Does Giant produce anything that is a truely new idea? Or do they just take ideas from the companies they mfg for? In the end, is the quality "bad"?

Exactly!! where is Shimano made? Seems to run great for me
    We Ride,Repair,and sell bikes. Live,Love,Ride the Dream in Vermont at:http://bikeexpressvt.com

Harmonius Wrench
    Sure does!

Quote Originally Posted by rocketfuel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-61-1.jpg  

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by apacherider
    I have been a MTBR poster since 1998. I am so tired and fed up with the whole boutique BS that is churned out here. It is even dumber than the Motobecane spammers. Ok? I get it. I see what you are trying to say. I am fed up and just plain worn out from getting my chain yanked by piss poor bike builders, the whole LBS business model and their crappy employees. Buying a generic carbon frame is right up my alley. Perfect. No more hype. No more stupidity. No more phone tag.

I suspect many others feel the same way. Life is too short to spend so much time dealing with all the petty crapola and crappy people that call the bike industry home. Seriously. Is there any other group of people more flaky and worthless than the middlemen who work in the bike industry?
    Count me in. I now have 3 Chinese frames in the house, one 26'er hardtail and 2 road bikes, one for me, one for my wife. Purchased via AliExpress from 3 different manufacturers. Built up with swapped parts from other bikes we have, and new parts from ebay or online retailers. Built in our basement.

My road bike weighs 16 lbs (I could shave weight with better wheels if I saw the need). It cost me less than half what a comparable production bike would cost. Not having a logo on my bikes that says "Specialized" or "Trek" or "Cannondale" or whatever does not make it inferior or less functional. It only makes it less expensive. I could give a crap about "status."
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Hi,

Quite interesting. I realized that link you passed is marked as " wholesale platform". How did you managed to go retail - 3 frames, even in one go are hardly belived to be wholesale.

Cheers!
    I.
    LoMF syndrome...

mtbr member
    That is a Carbon Stumpjumper frame 100%

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil335
    Carbon Stumpjumper got BB30 and tapered headset ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil335

The Stumpjumper does not have inboard brakes. The Stumpjumper also does not have a BB30, its BB91. The Stumpjumper also does not have seat or chainstays that look like that. In other words, its not a Stumpjumper.

All bikes that are badged "Specialized" are made by "Specialized." (unless its a repaint)

So, are you still 100%?

dwt
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanMTB
    Hi,

Quite interesting. I realized that link you passed is marked as " wholesale platform". How did you managed to go retail - 3 frames, even in one go are hardly belived to be wholesale.I.
    Some sellers require bulk orders, others will sell one piece per order. Prices vary depending on manufacturer, type of frame, quantity.

This is the hardtail I bought earlier this season

Just about $372 USD, including shipping to my office address. I built it up as a 1 X 9 and have riding it hard for 3 months. No problems.
    Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Comparing the frame in the 1st post with my SJ Expert Carbon 29er and they do look very similar. Slightly different dropouts and BB area.
    The SJ also has a slight bend in the seat tube that I don't see on the Chinese frame.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb

All bikes that are badged "Specialized" are made by "Specialized." (unless its a repaint)

So, are you still 100%?
    Does specialized actually "make" anything ? I thought they were a design and marketing company. Their bikes are made by ideal and giant and merida, maybe others ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by craigsj
    I would say there is nothing beyond superficial similarity between this and the Niner frame. Tube shapes and junctions are consistently different. The seat stays are very different. There's a missing non-drive side stay brace. The BB area is totally different. The seat tube is straight meaning that the chainstays are likely longer, and there's no internal cable routing. Once you look at it, it's hard to imagine how they could have a common origin.

Agreed.

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&s...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    Does specialized actually "make" anything ? I thought they were a design and marketing company. Their bikes are made by ideal and giant and merida, maybe others ?
    Yes, they make water bottles.

saddlemeat
    Quote Originally Posted by fastezzie
    Yes, they make water bottles.
    and tires.
    A Useful Bear is a handy thing.

gears weigh too much
    Quote Originally Posted by glovemtb
    i
    Wish they would not do the extra weave outer coat.
    Looks like they give the option of 12k, 3k, and UD carbon finish on most of their stuff.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    That was my definition of made. Specialized designs the frame, not Axman like stated above.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by amillmtb
    That was my definition of made. Specialized designs the frame, not Axman like stated above.
    Gotcha, no Specialized doesn't buy catalog frames, didn't get what you meant.

ballbuster

srsly...

Quote Originally Posted by schnee
    The future is slave labor, destruction of the environment due to crappy manufacturing practices, and elimination of the middle class?

Well, gosh darn it, I guess that makes me a hippy.
    bring back the tariffs.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

bumps on the seat stays

Hey, the first set of bumps on the seat stays... are those cable guides or did they put vbrake posts on a carbon 29er?

jv

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jvossman
    Hey, the first set of bumps on the seat stays... are those cable guides or did they put vbrake posts on a carbon 29er?

jv
    Looks like it could be cosmetic. The brake is inboard so routing probably would go along the downtube and chain stay. The der. cable routing looks like its internal, just judging by the small notch on the seat stay and the hole in the TT by the HT.

gears weigh too much
    Quote Originally Posted by aphlux
    As described by seller:
    17.5" only
    ETT 592
    $500
    BB30, Post mount, 1.5"-1.125" headset
    BB30 I dont see that on any of those links.
    Im not sure where your gettin this but that would be pretty sweet

Ramp Local
    Anybody have any recent info on these? The gotobike site still has only the 17.5 in frame. Im holding out for a 19in frame. Cant seem to find any 29in Chinese carbon frames on ebay either.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    anybody buy this frame and did testing?

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Hongfu bikes should be ready in the next month or so with their 29er. Sizes of 17, 19, 20/21. Contact them for better dates of availability.
    http://www.e-hongfu-bikes.com/index....age=page&id=42

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

chinese 29er in all sizes

BCB-053 MTB Bicycle Carbon 29er Frame

http://www.alibaba.com/product-tp/11...rbon_29er.html

Page 3 of 313 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast