Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186
Results 9,251 to 9,280 of 9280
  1. #9251
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Epic_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Thanks!

    WOW, the rear brake cable is routed internally, too? Is that a major chore to accomplish?
    Nope, in general you just disconnect the line from the brake lever, feed it up the frame and reconnect to the lever. If you build up a bike you will need to shorten the line anyway. Same process, you just feed the line up the frame before you shorten the line. You will need a new barb and olive as well. There are plenty of tutorials online with all the details on how to install the rear brake without needing to bleed the line as well.

  2. #9252
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    17" 29er HT
    BB: BSA (will be using Shimano XTR M985 cranks and BB93)
    Dropouts: 9mm QR
    GEO: 71 HTA/73 STA (or close to that)
    Finish: glossy
    Routing: internal
    Seatpost: 27.2
    China is almost no frame size 27.2
    one of the few options
    29er Toray T800 Full carbon UD Matt BSA 29ER Mountain MTB Bicycle&Bike Frame 20" | eBay

  3. #9253
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RS VR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    HELP me choose an XC frame (model #) and a good seller/contact.

    17" 29er HT
    BB: BSA (will be using Shimano XTR M985 cranks and BB93)
    Dropouts: 9mm QR
    GEO: 71 HTA/73 STA (or close to that)
    Finish: glossy
    Routing: internal
    Seatpost: 27.2

    I will be using it for smooth ST riding (perhaps some light racing). Looking for something light weight but reliable. Also wondering how well the glossy finish lasts?

    This thread is huge. Way too long to read through. Clearly, you guys have a lot of experience with Chinese carbon frames so please help me make a choice.

    THANKS!
    Workswell 062 just about matches your requirements 100%.

    The link Vladimir posted is for that frame. I paid around $450 1.5 years ago. It's now $350.

  4. #9254
    that guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    516
    For those who were watching me struggle with my conversation to Singlespeed, I ended up rebuilding my entire SS drivetrain from scratch to get away from the rear deraileur-style tensioners... I replaced everything



    Weight 11/15/2016, with pedals: 21.16 lb

    FRAME: 2013 XMI IP-057, 17.5", BSA, UD Carbon
    FORK: RockShox 29er SID World Cup (100mm travel, 15mm Maxle Lite)
    HANDLEBAR: Easton Haven Carbon, 711mm, Low Rise (20mm), 31.8mm, 9deg bend, 5deg upsweep
    GRIPS: Oury Lock-on Grips (red)
    STEM: FSA OS99 CSI Carbon, 90mm, +/- 6 deg, 31.8mm clamp, Ti hardware
    HEADSET: NECO (1-1/8" to 1.5")
    BRAKES:
    --Front: Shimano XTR Trail (M988) w/180mm Icetech rotor
    --Rear: Shimano XTR Trail (M988) w/160mm Icetech rotor
    SHIFTERS: N/A
    CRANKSET:
    --RaceFace NextSL G4 (175mm)
    --Blackspire Snaggletooth 34T Chainring (red, modified)
    BOTTOM BRACKET: Hope 30mm Stainless Steel (for Cinch cranks)
    PEDALS: VP Components VP-001 (red)
    FRONT DERAILLEUR: N/A
    REAR DERAILLEUR: N/A
    CASSETTE: Surly 21T Chomoly Steel SS Cog
    TENSIONER: Blackspire Stinger (BB mount)
    CHAIN: KMC X10 Vivid 10spd (red)
    SADDLE: WTB Rocket V Pro
    SEATPOST: XMI Carbon IP-SP4, UD
    TIRES:
    --Front: Schwalbe Rocket Ron 29x2.25
    --Rear: Maxxis Ikon EXO/EXC 29x2.2
    WHEELSET:
    --Front Rim: Stans Arch, 29", 32H
    --Rear Rim: Stans Arch EX, 29", 32H
    --Front Hub: Hadley Disc ISO, 32H, 15mm QR, Red (H600100 XC Type),
    --Rear Hub: Hadley Black SDH Disc, 32H, 142mm x 12mm Thru-Axle, 72 POE, Red (H600135), with Shimano M988 XTR 142mm Skewer
    --Spokes: DT Swiss w/red nipples

  5. #9255
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BXCc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by paleh0rse View Post
    For those who were watching me struggle with my conversation to Singlespeed, I ended up rebuilding my entire SS drivetrain from scratch to get away from the rear deraileur-style tensioners... I replaced everything
    Looks sweet! Great to hear that you got it all figured out.

  6. #9256
    that guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    Looks sweet! Great to hear that you got it all figured out.
    Thanks again for your help! It took a lot of testing with various rings and cranks, but I finally got it worked out (along with some excellent upgrades...lol).

    My only concern is the position of the Stinger and the possibility of nailing a log with it. Does anyone know if it's ok to flip it so it pushes down on the top chainline, rather than pushing up on the bottom chainline like it is now?

  7. #9257
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BXCc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by paleh0rse View Post
    Thanks again for your help! It took a lot of testing with various rings and cranks, but I finally got it worked out (along with some excellent upgrades...lol).

    My only concern is the position of the Stinger and the possibility of nailing a log with it. Does anyone know if it's ok to flip it so it pushes down on the top chainline, rather than pushing up on the bottom chainline like it is now?
    I haven't had any issues with mine getting hit yet. But now that I have said that, it will happen on the next ride.

    As far as putting it on the top, I wouldn't think it would work out so well. The top is where all the load is on the chain.

  8. #9258
    that guy
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    516
    Quote Originally Posted by BXCc View Post
    I haven't had any issues with mine getting hit yet. But now that I have said that, it will happen on the next ride.

    As far as putting it on the top, I wouldn't think it would work out so well. The top is where all the load is on the chain.
    That's what I figured. Oh well... good thing it's easy to bunny hop at just 21 pounds!

  9. #9259
    Dropshot Champ!
    Reputation: redmr2_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,831
    Still searching, but wonder if anyone can chime in. I'm currently on an older hongfu/carbonal Scott scale knockoff and looking for the following:

    Longer reach (ett currently 610)
    BSA
    Internally routed for dropper
    Decent rear tire clearance (currently limited to 2.2 on wide rims)
    Shorter chainstays (currently 440-445)
    Thru axles.

    I'm moving from a 17-20lb sid XX weight weenie race bike, to a pike 120, reverb stealth setup for more fun.

    Cheers!

  10. #9260
    Formerly of Kent
    Reputation: Le Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    Quote Originally Posted by redmr2_man View Post
    Still searching, but wonder if anyone can chime in. I'm currently on an older hongfu/carbonal Scott scale knockoff and looking for the following:

    Longer reach (ett currently 610)
    BSA
    Internally routed for dropper
    Decent rear tire clearance (currently limited to 2.2 on wide rims)
    Shorter chainstays (currently 440-445)
    Thru axles.

    I'm moving from a 17-20lb sid XX weight weenie race bike, to a pike 120, reverb stealth setup for more fun.

    Cheers!
    29ER M06_dengfubikes 11
    Death from Below.

  11. #9261
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stalkerfiveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Interesting. Looks like an FSR knockoff, but without the required proprietary shock yoke.
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

  12. #9262
    Dropshot Champ!
    Reputation: redmr2_man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    sorry, can't believe I missed that critical detail.

    I'm looking for a hardtail. I've got an ibis ripley for FS duty.

  13. #9263
    Formerly of Kent
    Reputation: Le Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Stalkerfiveo View Post
    Interesting. Looks like an FSR knockoff, but without the required proprietary shock yoke.
    Looks closer to an ASRc, Scott Spark, or Orbea Occam to me.

    Note the pivotless rear end. No pivot at or near the rear axle.
    Death from Below.

  14. #9264
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Stalkerfiveo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Note the pivotless rear end. No pivot at or near the rear axle.
    Ah, good point. I guess I focused a bit too much on the top tube, seat tube, shock support triangle.
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

  15. #9265
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic_Dude View Post
    Hawg, to me you have described the -057 frame, with the exception of the seat post size, other than that it has all the features you are looking for, including reliability. The CS-057 that I had was a gloss finish and it lasted fine, as good or better than brand name frames I've owned. Check out xmcarbonspeed.com, Peter has continued to have a good reputation for customer service.

    Do you know any price range for these frames?

  16. #9266
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BXCc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by panose View Post
    Do you know any price range for these frames?
    Most Chiner frames range between $350 and $600 shipped. I believe Peter's frames are in the $500 to $600 range.

  17. #9267
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    224
    Has anyone tried the full suspension WCB-M-108 / LCFS902 / CS-821 frames? I'm 220lbs and concerned about lateral flexing.

  18. #9268
    Formerly of Kent
    Reputation: Le Duke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    7,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalgorn View Post
    Has anyone tried the full suspension WCB-M-108 / LCFS902 / CS-821 frames? I'm 220lbs and concerned about lateral flexing.
    Links?

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Death from Below.

  19. #9269
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    224
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Duke View Post
    Links?

    Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Most seriously considering XM Carbon Speed: CS-821 2017 29er full suspension mtb bicycle frame carbon fiber - Xiamen Carbon Speed Sport Goods Co.,Ltd

    But also

    29er Full Suspension XC Carbon Frame LCFS902-Yishunbike

    WCB-M-108(29ER)-workswellbikes

  20. #9270
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SCR818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,814
    I do not see a rear derailleur hanger offered/included in the online frame purchases?
    Alternative factsman, at your service!

  21. #9271
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RS VR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,259
    I'm pretty sure they are included. It's attached to the removable dropouts. Mine came with both 135 and 142.

  22. #9272
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SCR818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,814
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they are included. It's attached to the removable dropouts. Mine came with both 135 and 142.
    That's what I would have thought. I only asked because there is no mention of including a hanger for purchases and it is not mounted to the frame in the pics of most offerings online.
    Alternative factsman, at your service!

  23. #9273
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SCR818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    That's what I would have thought. I only asked because there is no mention of including a hanger for purchases and it is not mounted to the frame in the pics of most offerings online.
    Two sellers I asked confirmed that RD hangers are included.

    Next questions:

    1) How long did it take for you to receive your frame after you ordered it?

    2) Was there any import/export tax due at any time?

    3) Did it appear that the shipping box opened and resealed for inspection?

    It would be great to hear from several members here. Thanks!
    Alternative factsman, at your service!

  24. #9274
    Crash Dummy In Training
    Reputation: PauLCa916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    I do not see a rear derailleur hanger offered/included in the online frame purchases?
    I would suggest ordering a couple extra hangers.
    When I was building mine when I went to put in the Park DAG 2 Derailleur hanger adjustment tool the one hanger stripped.
    I had to order another one and wait no one else sells them.
    The second almost also stripped the threads seem to be a little off most likely from the manufacturing process.
    Just saying since it won't add to the shipping cost.
    ​​
    2015 Flyxii / ENVE /Chris King Carbon 29'er H.T.
    SRAM XX1
    2012 Stump Jumper Comp 29'er H.T. SRAM XX1
    1997 Rock Hopper / Rock Shox Recon Silver / 1 x 10 SRAM X9 XO Mix XT V Brake system

  25. #9275
    mtbr member
    Reputation: SCR818's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,814
    Quote Originally Posted by PauLCa916 View Post
    I would suggest ordering a couple extra hangers.
    When I was building mine when I went to put in the Park DAG 2 Derailleur hanger adjustment tool the one hanger stripped.
    I had to order another one and wait no one else sells them.
    The second almost also stripped the threads seem to be a little off most likely from the manufacturing process.
    Just saying since it won't add to the shipping cost.
    That's great info, thanks. I look at today's big bike company CF HT bike frames and I swear they look exactly like (in some cases) what is being offered online direct. If that is the case, then somebody in my country (USA) has the proper fitting and better quality RD hangers.

    So this brings up another question: Are these frames strictly copies? Are they not what we are seeing being used by the big bike companies?
    Alternative factsman, at your service!

  26. #9276
    Crash Dummy In Training
    Reputation: PauLCa916's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    That's great info, thanks. I look at today's big bike company CF HT bike frames and I swear they look exactly like (in some cases) what is being offered online direct. If that is the case, then somebody in my country (USA) has the proper fitting and better quality RD hangers.

    So this brings up another question: Are these frames strictly copies? Are they not what we are seeing being used by the big bike companies?
    No I don't believe they are true copies.
    If that was the case I would of found the hanger on Wheels Manufacturing's web site. Nothing on there even came close.
    ​​
    2015 Flyxii / ENVE /Chris King Carbon 29'er H.T.
    SRAM XX1
    2012 Stump Jumper Comp 29'er H.T. SRAM XX1
    1997 Rock Hopper / Rock Shox Recon Silver / 1 x 10 SRAM X9 XO Mix XT V Brake system

  27. #9277
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RS VR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    So this brings up another question: Are these frames strictly copies? Are they not what we are seeing being used by the big bike companies?
    I don't think too many of these frames are direct copies from any of the big names. What they do copy is the geometry. I asked one of the China vendors at Interbike a couple years ago on how they decide their geometry...or whose geometry they base their frames on. One told me BMC and Scott. I don't think any of the people at the Chinese part makers ride bikes...unless it's to commute to work. They can design, manufacture, and structurally test the frames...but there are no real riders to give feedback on how a bike would handle. So they need something to base their frame geometry on.

    My 062 has the geo of a 2015 Stumpjumper HT.

  28. #9278
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1
    Hi guys!
    I've been looking at these carbon frames in ebay and aliexpress for a few days now. I read a bit here and there and couldn't really find any negative comments about them - so far so good.
    I haven't had a 29er, so I'm a bit confused about which size I should go for. I'm 5' 7" or 170cm tall and according to several size charts I fall right in between size S and M. I plan to build it with a rigid carbon fork for mainly city riding.
    Those who are riding small and medium sized frames, tell me your opinion and height, please

  29. #9279
    Is dang happy!
    Reputation: Mr. Doom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,205
    For longer distances and climbing I prefer a larger frame, around town and in the twisties I like a slightly smaller one. About 2cm difference in TT length is all I can accommodate. Use the effective TT as a guide, some models are longer than others.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

  30. #9280
    mtbr member
    Reputation: RS VR6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,259
    Quote Originally Posted by kriiss View Post
    Hi guys!
    I've been looking at these carbon frames in ebay and aliexpress for a few days now. I read a bit here and there and couldn't really find any negative comments about them - so far so good.
    I haven't had a 29er, so I'm a bit confused about which size I should go for. I'm 5' 7" or 170cm tall and according to several size charts I fall right in between size S and M. I plan to build it with a rigid carbon fork for mainly city riding.
    Those who are riding small and medium sized frames, tell me your opinion and height, please
    For mainly city riding...I don't think it'll make a huge difference if your size up or down. Like Mr. Doom mentioned...for city riding...a smaller more agile bike might be a bit more fun.

    I'm 5'8" (30 inseam) and ride a medium. You have to look carefully at the geometries of the frames though. Some can vary quite a bit. Nowadays people want more reach...so some are sizing up if between sizes.

    I'm using a relatively short stem at 66mm.

    Workswell 062
    Chinese Carbon 29er-img_20160905_133324.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •