Page 168 of 293 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 178 218 268 ... LastLast
Results 4,176 to 4,200 of 7304
    mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Vlad, care to explain yourself since you have the pics?

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LowOnO2 View Post
    Vlad, care to explain yourself since you have the pics?
    Just as soon as I fire up the Esperanto translation app...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I think he is saying that the carbon fibers weren't layed up correctly, and when the internal air bladder used to compress the fibers was inflated, the tube cracked. They then had the broken section cut out and repaired, hence why he and his friend have the broken section of tubing to photograph.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by lordconqueror View Post
    I think he is saying that the carbon fibers weren't layed up correctly, and when the internal air bladder used to compress the fibers was inflated, the tube cracked. They then had the broken section cut out and repaired, hence why he and his friend have the broken section of tubing to photograph.
    There is a picture with the bike built up, noticeable because of the pedal in background. My guess is that Vlad is a carbon repair guy in a country where it is cost effective to repair a Chi-carb frame.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    You guys are good!

Shop Owner/Frame Builder
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by peterque View Post
    This is Peter from Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods Co.,Ltd

We have many frames in stock now.

IP-033(LTK023):
    Newest all internal cable routing 29er carbon frame, mtb carbon 29er frame,View mtb carbon 29er frame,IPLAY Product Details from Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

IP-029 in 17''/19''/21'' (all sizes with BSA and BB30 in stock):
    Frame 29er mtb carbon bike, carbon 29er mountain bicycle frame, carbon 29er mtb bike frame,View carbon 29er mtb frame,Iplay Product Details from Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

IP-129 in sizes 16.5'' and 19'' both BSA and BB30 in stock:
    Hot sale! newest popular cheap 29er carbon bike frame,View 29er carbon,IPLAY Product Details from Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

IP-056:
    2012 Most popular carbon mtb frame 29er, carbon 29er mtb frame fm056,View carbon 29er mtb frame,IPLAY Product Details from Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

IP-056SPL :
    Newest! hot carbon 29er mountain bicycle frame fm056 with integrated seatpost,View carbon 29er frame,IPLAY Product Details from Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

IP-036:
    Best sale! carbon 29er suspension frame fm036, full carbon suspension mtb 29er frame,View suspension mtb 29er frame,IPLAY Product Details from Xiamen Iplay Sporting Goods Co., Ltd. on Alibaba.com

IP-056 in stock as below:

17.5'' with BB30 in UD gloss finish x 8 pieces
    19.5'' with BB30 in 3K gloss finish x 4 pieces

15.5'' with BSA in 3K gloss finish x 4 pieces
    17.5'' with BSA in 3K gloss finish x 14 pieces
    19'' with BSA in 3K gloss finish x 4 pieces
    19'' with BSA in UD matt finish x 1 piece
    21'' with BSA in 3K gloss finish x 3 pieces

IP-056SPL in stock as below:
    15.5'' with BSA in 3K gloss x 3 pieces
    17.5'' with BSA in 3K gloss x 2 pieces
    19'' with BA in 3K gloss x 2 pieces

Above frames are on promotion now.

Please feel free to ask if you have interest in our products.

And we will have IP-056 frame with 142x12 rear axle in 17.5'' with BSA and BB30 in 30 days. Other sizes moulds are being improved now and will be available soon.

Please feel free to ask if you have interest in our products.

My email: peter@xmiplay.cn

Peter, the update along with pictures are nice, but what I think we'd all prefer to see are geometry charts for the bikes. Weight and arbitrary size (15",17",19") mean very little to me. I want to see ETT, BB drop (or height), chainstay length, HTA, STA before I'd decide on anything.

Thanks
    CJB
    www.HammerheadBicycles.com
    Austin's dirty little secret

www.TrueFabricationBicycles.com
    Texas Born; Texas Bred

obsessive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailuropoda View Post
    Just as soon as I fire up the Esperanto translation app...
    Be nice. Vladimir is in BFE Russia. As one who studied the language for 5 years, the translation is clearly from Russian. This guy posts pics of a sacrificial cross-section from a broken frame for the benefit of this thread. This provides insight as to the construction methods and possible issues that they may bring. Instead of scrutinizing the translation, you guys should be giving him +rep! Thanks, Vlad!
    Go out and ride your bike

Flow like water
    Quote Originally Posted by eurotrash666 View Post
    Be nice. Vladimir is in BFE Russia. As one who studied the language for 5 years, the translation is clearly from Russian. This guy posts pics of a sacrificial cross-section from a broken frame for the benefit of this thread. This provides insight as to the construction methods and possible issues that they may bring. Instead of scrutinizing the translation, you guys should be giving him +rep! Thanks, Vlad!
    Agree. I also think Vlad has a sharp sense of humor.

"a by-product of collective-farm technology."

banned
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CBaron View Post
    Peter, the update along with pictures are nice, but what I think we'd all prefer to see are geometry charts for the bikes. Weight and arbitrary size (15",17",19") mean very little to me. I want to see ETT, BB drop (or height), chainstay length, HTA, STA before I'd decide on anything.

Thanks
    CJB
    Could you contact me via email or Skype? Because there is filesize limit, I can't upload so many geometries charts.

Email address: peter@xmiplay.cn

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Finally finished my build today and got my first ride.
    19" avenger
    China carbon wheels
    XX1 drivetrain
    21 lb not as light as I was hoping but still an awsome ride very stiff compared to my old carbon Stumpjumper.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Jdubb - did you experience the issues others have posted about in terms of getting good shifting out of the rear derailleur due to the exit for the internal cabling being too close to the derailleur hanger to allow for a smooth bend in the cable and housing to your SRAM derailleur?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jdubb12 View Post
    19" avenger
    China carbon wheels
    XX1 drivetrain
    21 lb not as light as I was hoping but still an awsome ride very stiff compared to my old carbon Stumpjumper.
    pictures please

keen to see a 19" avenger built up

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by yeti fan View Post
    pictures please

keen to see a 19" avenger built up
    I have several pics of mine a few pages back.

www.legworkscycles.com
    19" avenger
    China carbon wheels
    XX1 drivetrain
    What do you think about the stiffness? While it seems to handle good on smooth, flowy sections, its sure is jarring on rooty downhills.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by chris1911 View Post
    I have several pics of mine a few pages back.
    Have you got any pics of the full bike, they all seem to be up close?

Ignore that went further back and found what I was looking for

Dropshot Champ!
    19" avenger
    China carbon wheels
    XX1 drivetrain
    what tires are you running? that does seem a little heavy. Can you break down the xx1 group and wheelset weight, etc?

sounds like a sweet bike tho!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    The cable routing did seem very tight but shifting has been fine. It is a little harsh on rocky decents but I'm getting used to it. I am running knobby nicks right now for winter so they are a bit heavy but I was expecting sub 20lb I could lose a little weight in the hubs cause I'm running DT 350 but other than that it the lightest parts I could find? I can't post pics if someone would give me there email I can email some pics any they can post them?

mtbr member
    Anyone ride the IP-129 vs the others like IP-056?

Stiffness vs ride quality or flex.

The IP-129 has flatter seat stays indicating a flexing rear to absorb hits, but other than that they appear to have almost the same geometry.
    14 SW Epic WC fm arrived!
    12 Niner Air9RDO -16.4 lb
    12 SJ FSR Exp EVO29 -27
    11 SW Epic29 -22.1
    10 Devinci Wilson 4 -37

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Beij View Post
    Very nice! I am intrigued by how much less your bike weighs than mine and hopefully someone can tell me where the extra weight is;
    Total weight is 10.01 kg - 22 pounds - FM 056 15.5 inch frame (1200gms) with Stans Gold wheelset (1350grms), sram xo gripshift, xo rear derailer/x9 front, hygia rear brake avid front, 180gm seatpost (I'm at work and forgot the name) 220g seat, syncros carbon stem 140grm, 180 grm handlebar, FSA bb30 crankset with Candy c pedals, race king tyres set up tubeless. I don't have a full break down of weights for each item and I know there are some items that are heavier but I assume my wheels and maybe the smaller frame are lighter so I can't work out why there is 3 pounds difference?
    I am wondering the same thing too, mine is currently at 21lbs

LTK023 - m size
    Reba RL tapered 15 TA
    Uno stem 70mm
    Easton Haven carbon Bar cut to 700mm
    ESI Chunky grip
    R1 race brake set with 160mm rotors
    KCNC 31.6mm post
    WTB Devo Carbon saddle
    FRM seat collar
    X0 shifter
    X0 FD high clamp
    X9 RD med cage
    Sun Ringle BF Pro
    Rocket Ron Evo 2.25 w stan sealant
    XTR cassette
    KMC SL 10sp chain
    CB EB SL with Ti spindle
    Raceface Dues SL crank (Ti spindle) 32, 22 and bbg bashguard

21lbs
    Last edited by HotzKiss; 11-30-2012 at 01:39 AM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotzKiss View Post
    I am wondering the same thing too, mine is currently at 21lbs
    My build with a FM056 or FM106 will be sub 17 with rigid fork and mostly same parts as my SW Epic 29er. I base this on my 2011 SW Epic 29er which is at 22.5. All stock components, tubeless.

Reba to rigid is -950gr = 2.1lbs. Frame is 2.4 lbs less. 1x10 save 300gr = .66lbs., Tires will be 150gr less, seat will be 75gr less = 5.655lbs from 22.5 = 16.85lbs. Set up for CX and tires will be another -300gr or .66lbs.

This is with a calibrated scale. Just because your scale is digital, it doesn't mean it is accurate.

Sounds like most builds are really light, so I suggest your scale may be an issue.
    12 SJ FSR Exp EVO29 -27
    11 SW Epic29 -22.1
    10 Devinci Wilson 4 -37

obsessive
    I use a scale in the bathroom. I use an analytical balance to count grams... Now, for NIOSH gravimetric analyses, your balance needs to be calibration verified before and after each use with NIST, DAP, or OIML Class F check weights, tracked in a control chart, and done on a marble slab table in a room maintained at 50% relative humidity and 25C +/- 1 degree in order for your measurements to be considered accurate.

My point is, the three inexpensive digital balances I have at home are surprisingly accurate. Sure the precision is only 3 significant digits for any range, but when checked against calibrated mass units they hold up well within the 5% specified, and two have checked out to 1.0-1.5%. Not bad for a cheap balance... So your 20 lb bike may actually weigh 19.8 lbs. Check against another balance, but unless you are using a spring scale out of your fishing tackle box, your number may be very close.
    Edit- yes, I feel like a troll.
    Last edited by eurotrash666; 11-30-2012 at 09:14 AM.

obsessive
    I shall redeem myself. This showed up on my porch today. It's from Miracle. I am very impressed with the quality of the frameset, and with the quality of the experience. Customs office really effed me over, but I'm pleased with what I ended up with.

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=eurotrash666;9922249]I shall redeem myself. This showed up on my porch today. It's from Miracle. I am very impressed with the quality of the frameset, and with the quality of the experience. Customs office really effed me over, but I'm pleased with what I ended up with.

Hey, check that scale. They said it was 1250gr!!! Your paint job only added 25gr. Ha!

Looks very nice. I'm in the process of working out a paint design for my order.

With UD and matte, can you still see the carbon sheen a bit?

Is the internal cable routing lined with a tube? Others have had problems with this so I wonder what your experience will be.
    12 SJ FSR Exp EVO29 -27
    11 SW Epic29 -22.1
    10 Devinci Wilson 4 -37

Dropshot Champ!
    I'm posting these pictures for jdubb12, this isn't my bike. Mine is a few pages back.

19" avenger
    China carbon wheels
    XX1 drivetrain

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=redmr2_man;9922764]I'm posting these pictures for jdubb12, this isn't my bike. Mine is a few pages back.

Awesome.

What rim and hub specs?
    What seat post?

"Very stiff compared to Stumpjumper"
    Can you describe the difference in more detail? Stiffer frame/harsher ride?
    12 SJ FSR Exp EVO29 -27
    11 SW Epic29 -22.1
    10 Devinci Wilson 4 -37