Page 105 of 331 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 115 155 205 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,625 of 8273
    TR
    Angry bunny
    Paint designs have been completed and accepted.
    They have not really given me an ETA.
    We are into week 3 now though so I will follow them up over the weekend.
    The problem really arises if they need to manufacture a specific frame on top of getting the paint and decals done.
    I specifically want UD carbon frame and fork and have told them I will not accept anything different.
    I am also getting 4 road forks done with paint and decals for myself and my sponsor so it is not a small frame only order.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Cool...Mine is 3k Gloss, same finish as my Orbea and I am toying with getting it painted. Want to see it first.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    the wife just texted me...box arrived!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Which double seat post clamp are you guys purchasing/using.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    For those who bought from miracle trade, can you tell me which paypal address you sent funds to?

I'm about to purchase from miracle trade and they have provided me with "miraclebike@yeah.net". a google search shows basically no info on this acc.

Much appreciated!

TR
    Angry bunny
    Sent a follow up to Jane at Hongfu asking how they were going with my frame and forks.
    She sends me back a thanks for reminder and asks me to confirm the designs (which I already did about 2 and a half weeks ago). Luckily I took a good look as she had sent me a design that I had told her was wrong in the past and which had the logo's spelled incorrectly.
    Sent her back an email along with the correct picture.
    I am wondering if I need to send her back the invoice as well to remind her of exactly what she needs to send.
    Bryant at Carbonal, if you read this maybe you can help me with the language?
    Last edited by TR; 03-15-2012 at 05:31 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny7 View Post
    Nice. Does the color last long?
    Don't ride this much yet. It's powder coat.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Got mine...(my updates, pics, etc will be posted here if poss)

...after all the crying and hand-wringing my frame/fork arrived yesterday. Of course I had a full schedule from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed so I didn't get much done. I was worried about the damage that it might've taken in transit, but the frame was so insulated from damage with bubble-wrap and cardboard that I was silly to worry.

I stayed up a little late to try to attach my Juicy 3. The hose threaded through the frame VERY easily. One word of advice: try to pull the olive off the hose before you thread it, It can be done, but I didn't try until after I cut it. I had a heck of a time trying to figure out the mount. I finally put a rear wheel on it after work, and got it figured out.

Setting the crown race was difficult as the steerer wasn't quite round. A file took care of it, and it is now set, thanks to the LBS - I wasn't going to mess with it. I just tried to put the top cup on, and I'm finding that the steer tube is a bit too fat to get the cap slid down over the bearings. I have to get some sand paper tomorrow. I did get to put a wheel/tire on the fork anyway, it fit fine, and was evenly spaced. I did the same on the back and it fit like it's supposed to.

I've decided not to go any further with the build until I get the fork on there. I've also got a raging case of March Madness.
    Last edited by expostdelirium; 03-18-2012 at 12:03 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tenderous View Post
    For those who bought from miracle trade, can you tell me which paypal address you sent funds to?

I'm about to purchase from miracle trade and they have provided me with "miraclebike@yeah.net". a google search shows basically no info on this acc.

Much appreciated!

Hi.
    I bought my 056 frame from miracle trade in January, and i used paypal adress:
    miraclecycling@yeah.net

Very happy with the frame

MTBR Noober
    Apr 2011
    Can anyone confirm if some of these frames are the same ones being listed on ebay? Any of those ebay listings from the guys at Carbonal, LT, or even HF? Looking to pull the trigger on one soon. TIA.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by YMMV View Post
    Can anyone confirm if some of these frames are the same ones being listed on ebay? Any of those ebay listings from the guys at Carbonal, LT, or even HF? Looking to pull the trigger on one soon. TIA.
    Why do you need to buy the ones from ebay? Why not just buy staright from LT or HF directly?

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I agree with wonka. Buying direct might save money from ebay fees. Plus, any of your questions will be answered by the manufacturer instead of a reseller.

mtbr member
    I bought mine straight from ebay - who cares.
    "Like" the Brewery Ommegang facebook team page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-...18356588347806

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have been speaking with Pudding Lou from Hongfu after I bought an FM056 about 142x12 rear dropout and Toray T1000 (Hongfu has a new road frame using t1000). They can make this frame with 142x12 and T1000 for $515us as a group buy for minimum of 20 frames. Production will be 3 months from when the order is placed as it is a new modification. Next year the 142x12 will be common apparantly but they will use the standard T700 rather than t1000 carbon. So firstly is anyone interested and secondly I have no idea how to organize a group buy - any thoughts?

removing nudity
    Quote Originally Posted by Beij View Post
    I have been speaking with Pudding Lou from Hongfu after I bought an FM056 about 142x12 rear dropout and Toray T1000 (Hongfu has a new road frame using t1000). They can make this frame with 142x12 and T1000 for $515us as a group buy for minimum of 20 frames. Production will be 3 months from when the order is placed as it is a new modification. Next year the 142x12 will be common apparantly but they will use the standard T700 rather than t1000 carbon. So firstly is anyone interested and secondly I have no idea how to organize a group buy - any thoughts?
    Get them to organise the group buy.

Ask that they give you a frame number, start a new thread here about it. Everyone that wants one clicks the link and orders that frame. You may be required to pay a deposit, actually I would think that was a certainty. Once they have enough orders, they send an email to all asking for full payment or second partial payment. When the frames are built they ask for final payment and ship out the individual frames. Doing it this way makes individuals responsible for their import taxes and fees and postage etc.

Good luck

Maybe you could explain why T1000 is better than T700 for this application?

TR
    Angry bunny
    Be aware that group buys are a no-no on Road Bike Review and I would think the rules will be the same here.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    so I finally finished my first ever build... a LTK023. Took it for a quick spin - smooth like butter and fits me like a glove. Can't wait to get it on some single track!

I used a Gravity 29 point5 as a parts donor bike. The wheels are really heavy so that might be something I'll upgrade in the future. Other than that, just need to replace my big ring with a bash guard and go tear up some trails.

thanks to all the advice from everyone on the forum. Will post pictures as soon as I get 10 posts... 3 more to go

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by qdawgg View Post
    I bought mine straight from ebay - who cares.
    I bought mine on ebay as well. Turned out to be about $100 cheaper than buying direct, and it came from one of the main vendors people have been buying direct from anyways. They did screw up though and sent me a 3k instead of the 12k I ordered. They offered to take it back or credit me $20. I took the $20 and actually think I prefer 3K now.

TR
    Angry bunny
    Sounds like Hong-fu have started painting my frame finally.
    I have instructed them to send me pics prior to shipping so that I can check that they have translated everything properly.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Beij View Post
    I am 100% interested. sent you a PM

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Can't reply to PMs yet as I only have 7 posts

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Interested in reviews of FM056, anyone spent some time on them?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Not sure if group buy is allowed on the forum so I won't start a new thread but anyone who is interested can PM me for further information (I think this is my tenth post).
    Cheers

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    So I just completed my build today, decided against painting for now. Rebuild both wheels, new cogs etc WTB i19 TCS with WTB hubs, need to rerun the rear brakeline with a new line that is long enough, but used the Beer Components EBB and it fit in the BB30 like a glove. Really went well, nothing out of the ordinary, going to hit the trail tomorrow.

The one thing that I am still going back and forth with Bryant from Carbonal is the frame arrived with a small nick in the rear triangle, so we are discussing how to solve...I am sure that we will be able to come to an agreement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chinese Carbon 29er-bike.jpg  

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I started to buy from eBay: I did lots of research and was patient. I ended up saving around 100 on one of the flyxii (or whatever) frames.

I also am thinking that I'm going to order another. Dunno what I'm gonna do with it yet, but I will have another.