mtbr member

Carve Comp 2013 or Camber 2013

Hey guys, would love y'alls input here. Debating between the Camber or Carve Comp, the Camber is full suspension while the Carve is a HT. I'll pretty much be riding single track, might be interested to get back into racing, but I'm also probably making a move to Montana and a trip to Moab so I would probably want something that can handle mountainous terrain. Let me here your thoughts!

Carve Comp 2013 $1600
    Specialized Bicycle Components

Camber 2013 $1900
    Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Since I recently purchased a 2013 Carve Comp, I'll put my vote into the Carve's basket. I was coming from a 26" hardtail, and I've been surprised how much easier it is to go over small to medium bumps with the 29" Carve. Additionally, it climbs and handles really well for a bike its size. Do you ride a lot of trails where you really need a full suspension?

mtbr member
    Right now I probably don't need full suspension, however 2 years from now when I'm planning to make the move up north it'd be more likely. And i'd like to have a bike I can keep with me at least 5+ years without any unforeseeable accidents. So I dont want to buy something that I'll regret 2 years from now when I'm in the Rockies.

I am going to look a bit more into the Carve and probably hit up my lbs.

Appreciate the response!

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    It depends on your riding style.
    You may want to consider some bikes with slacker head tube angles in the AM section.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    You won't like the fork on the base Camber, so Camber Comp at least to get a Reba. If that gets to be too much money I'd stick with the Carve. This all is of course opinion, hard to pick a bike for someone else.

mtbr member
    I just purchased a carve comp 2013, i agree that if you are getting a camber, get at least the camber comp or you will most likely not be happy. I am yet to hear of anyone regretting buying a carve. The carve will certainly hold up on the trails, do not worry.

mtbr member
    Appreciate y'alls opinions! I think I'm going to go with the Carve, maybe the Carve expert, after hearing yalls input and talking with some friends I think the HT is the best route and a few years down the line I can just transfer components if I so choose.

I'm a little over halfway there but I'm looking forward to this summer when I'll have enough!

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktann44 View Post
    Appreciate y'alls opinions! I think I'm going to go with the Carve, maybe the Carve expert, after hearing yalls input and talking with some friends I think the HT is the best route and a few years down the line I can just transfer components if I so choose.

I'm a little over halfway there but I'm looking forward to this summer when I'll have enough!
    If you're halfway there, which I assume you mean you have $800-900 then why wait? Get a Sette Razzo now for $750 after $250 coupon code.
    Sette Razzo X7 10 Speed 29er Alloy Mountain Bike | Sette | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

mtbr member
    Appreciate y'alls opinions! I think I'm going to go with the Carve, maybe the Carve expert, after hearing yalls input and talking with some friends
    Good choice, I am glad I got mine. The Expert is a nice bike.

Mark
    2012 XXL Carve Expert

mtbr member
    The 2013 Specialized Carve is an amazing value and an awesome performer. My previous bike was a full suspension Trek Top Fuel 26er, and I can easily say that the Carve is a far better climber and sprinter. I would recommend changing the brakes to either SLX or XT brakes.
    '12 S-Works Stumpjumper carbon HT
    '13 Specialized Carve Comp
    '94 S-Works M2

mtbr member
    Things went faster than I thought! Went with the Carve Expert, should be in within the next 2 weeks!! Thanks for yalls input!

neeeds donation$ for bike
    im a little late but i got to go with the carve too. ht is just way more reliable and efficient in the long run. Usually come with a way better component group too for the dollar.

mtbr member
    Things went faster than I thought! Went with the Carve Expert, should be in within the next 2 weeks!! Thanks for yalls input!
    Would've been my recommendation. Congrats!