Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Carve Comp 2013 or Camber 2013

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Epic_Dude 
#1 ·
Hey guys, would love y'alls input here. Debating between the Camber or Carve Comp, the Camber is full suspension while the Carve is a HT. I'll pretty much be riding single track, might be interested to get back into racing, but I'm also probably making a move to Montana and a trip to Moab so I would probably want something that can handle mountainous terrain. Let me here your thoughts!

Carve Comp 2013 $1600
Specialized Bicycle Components

Camber 2013 $1900
Specialized Bicycle Components

#2 ·
Since I recently purchased a 2013 Carve Comp, I'll put my vote into the Carve's basket. I was coming from a 26" hardtail, and I've been surprised how much easier it is to go over small to medium bumps with the 29" Carve. Additionally, it climbs and handles really well for a bike its size. Do you ride a lot of trails where you really need a full suspension?

#3 ·
Right now I probably don't need full suspension, however 2 years from now when I'm planning to make the move up north it'd be more likely. And i'd like to have a bike I can keep with me at least 5+ years without any unforeseeable accidents. So I dont want to buy something that I'll regret 2 years from now when I'm in the Rockies.

I am going to look a bit more into the Carve and probably hit up my lbs.

Appreciate the response!

#6 ·
I just purchased a carve comp 2013, i agree that if you are getting a camber, get at least the camber comp or you will most likely not be happy. I am yet to hear of anyone regretting buying a carve. The carve will certainly hold up on the trails, do not worry.

#7 ·
Appreciate y'alls opinions! I think I'm going to go with the Carve, maybe the Carve expert, after hearing yalls input and talking with some friends I think the HT is the best route and a few years down the line I can just transfer components if I so choose.

I'm a little over halfway there but I'm looking forward to this summer when I'll have enough!

#8 ·
Appreciate y'alls opinions! I think I'm going to go with the Carve, maybe the Carve expert, after hearing yalls input and talking with some friends I think the HT is the best route and a few years down the line I can just transfer components if I so choose.

I'm a little over halfway there but I'm looking forward to this summer when I'll have enough!
If you're halfway there, which I assume you mean you have $800-900 then why wait? Get a Sette Razzo now for $750 after $250 coupon code.
Sette Razzo X7 10 Speed 29er Alloy Mountain Bike | Sette | Brand | www.PricePoint.com

#10 ·
The 2013 Specialized Carve is an amazing value and an awesome performer. My previous bike was a full suspension Trek Top Fuel 26er, and I can easily say that the Carve is a far better climber and sprinter. I would recommend changing the brakes to either SLX or XT brakes.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.