mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Cannondale F29 Carbon 3 - Ideal Bike?

I've been looking to get a 21 lbs 29r carbon hardtail for some xc edurance races. I've stumbled upon the C'dale, and can get it for $2800. When I swap wheels (Crest's with 240s) and brakes (Formula R1s) from my present ride (Pivot 429 with Lefty) to the F29 Carbon 3, it drops the weight from 23lbs 2oz (weighed it in the LBS), to just a hair under 21lbs.

What, if anything, am I missing? I'm thinking I should gobble this sucker up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The Flash is a great choice. I have had my 2012 carbon 3 for a few months and have basically stopped riding any of my other bikes. Since you are already a lefty fan it seems like a pretty easy decision. If you already have the parts to upgrade it thats even better. Don't forget about the cassette. My flash came with a pretty low end sram cassette that was close to 400 grams. easy to save 100-200 grams there.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedalfaraway View Post
    The Flash is a great choice. I have had my 2012 carbon 3 for a few months and have basically stopped riding any of my other bikes. Since you are already a lefty fan it seems like a pretty easy decision. If you already have the parts to upgrade it thats even better. Don't forget about the cassette. My flash came with a pretty low end sram cassette that was close to 400 grams. easy to save 100-200 grams there.
    Thanks for the input. I'm very close to making the leap.