553K views 2K replies 300 participants last post by  dubthang 
#1 ·
Mine's here!
Here's the first pics.

Los
From Drop Box

See less See more
#166 ·
Just wanted to post this just in case no one else figured it out - I didn't know myself.

I'm a Kona shill, so said the person who negged repped me :rolleyes: Wow, I mean seriously, ask a few questions about a bike you're interested in and dare to make a comparison to another similar bike, maybe point out some features are better on one than the other and they call you a shill :eek:ut: Guess they didn't read the Honzo thread then :skep:

#178 ·
Before I purchased my 9, I asked about the bottle cage bolts and the explanation I got was they wanted to be able to drop the seat all the way down to the rails. On my Yelli with the bolts on the seat tube, the seat post can't go all the way down.
Not that big a deal! On some ride where I need only 2 bottles, I just carry one in my jersey pocket; one in the cage and swap out when one is empty:thumbsup:

BTW, frame is still dope as hell:D

#183 ·
Just wondering if the Nimble Nine is rated for aggressive all mountain style riding? And would I need a deep cup headset if ridden with a 120mm fork? I am light at 150lbs. but I like me some aggro descending. Any info would help. Thanks.
You have not seen videos of the Canfield brothers riding, have you? :D
This is the Yelli Screamy, but I think the Nimble 9 will be ok, since they designed and rode it.

#186 ·
Well like someone that commented on my photo of the blue N9, the front end is taller than the Yelli w/ the 120mm fork.
The steel is by far more comfortable/compliant vertically than the aluminum, but the steel is stiffer lateraly than I thought it would be (which is good for me) but not as stiff as the aluminum.
So basicaly, the Yelli is a stiffer overall frame, but for very aggressive riding where some hucking 5-5 1/2 feet happens and steep roll in's etc., I feel the Yelli is a better frame. I believe that's due to the lower front end, stiffer frame and lower standover from the dropped TT.
For everyday trail riding I always grab my SS N9.
I think I am going to rebuild my Yelli again for the more aggressive trails I ride alot.
It's pretty simple really, if you want comfort get a steel N9. If you truly ride very aggressive trails etc. grab a Yelli.
My question is as always; when will the aluminum frame break? LOL!
If you want a straight out XC racer bike/or if you are the type, I wouldn't get either frame.
Let me know if I can help anymore.:thumbsup:

#187 ·
Perfect, great info and precisely what I was seeking. Thank you! That was my guess, but it is nice to get feedback from someone with seat and trail time on both. :thumbsup:

#189 ·
Just in case anyone is in a quandary about whether to go 80 or 100 mm for their fork. I wish I had adjusted my F29 to 100 earlier. This bike loves the extra bit of travel, and handles great with the slightly slacker HT angle!
I kinda wish I had a 120mm fork to experiment with...

Los

#191 ·
Weeeell, I like my Fox, but it is my first suspension fork in about 8 years...
I liked the Towers I checked out at NAHBS this year. I really liked the specs and look of the White Bros. Loop, but I didn't get any chance to even bounce around on it.
Reba's kind of a safe option, but if you wanna go with big rubber and wide rims, it may have limitations.

Los

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.